Man in The Mirror (Maroon 5 Cover)

it's no cover, it's a really bad impersonation which belongs in the shower.

Was that an acapella during a live?

The attempt wasn't that bad, but his voice just doesn't suit the song >.< In fact, I've never liked M5, lol.

I wouldn't say it belongs in the shower, but behind closed doors anyway, haha :p

Last edited:
oh hellllllll F*ckin naw! who n da hell...uuuugggh! they better not ever ever touch man n the mirror again! no 1! ever!

You know, Adam Levine has a good voice and I like Maroon 5 and all but... that was horrible. People just shouldn't try to sing any of Michael's songs. Michael is just too good a singer, with too good a voice, for anyone to be trying that.

Last edited:
You know, Adam Levine has a good voice and I like Maroon 5 and all but... that was horrible. People just shouldn't try to sing any of Michael's songs. Michael is just too good a singer, with too good a voice, for anyone to be trying that.
I think Chris Cornell's "Billie Jean" is good. Luther Vandross singing "Man In The Mirror" was nice also, but he should have sung it by himself and not with Usher & 98 Degrees, lol.

Eh. I've never liked any cover version of any of Michael's songs. Luther singing "MITM" wasn't bad, but Usher did screw it up, lol. I'm just not in to hearing covers of Michael's music, and his songs are so hard to sing, because of his timing and control and style.

I don't think he was being serious.. just imatating Mike for the fun of it..

KOPV, I'm trying to get the video to play that you sent me, but my internet connection is acting up. As soon as I view it, I'll let you know.

People need not confuse spontaneous, fun concert performances with legitimate covers.

Eh. I've never liked any cover version of any of Michael's songs. Luther singing "MITM" wasn't bad, but Usher did screw it up, lol. I'm just not in to hearing covers of Michael's music, and his songs are so hard to sing, because of his timing and control and style.

I don't think Usher screwed it up as bad as the guy from 98 Desease. now that was really terrible..

^ ot/ OMG how cute siggy you have!!!! :wub::wub::wub:

No :no:

I sometimes like Maroon 5 but this was definitely not good. Adam tried too much to mimic Michael and it doesn't work because it's not possible to sound like the original.
If they would have made it to sound like their own it may have been better.

people may have a problem with what i'm saying..but..oh well..

i didn't like Luther Vandross' version. his vibrato was too slow for me...

it all makes me appreciate how good MJ's voice really is when he does or doesn't dance. (for all those people who have problems with MJ's Michaelisms vocal style, when he is or isn't dancing.)

funny, I saw it as more of a tribute to Michael than trying to cover a song or simply immitate him for the fuck of it. i suppose for once, my glass is half full :lol: it is usually half empty ;)

^ ot/ OMG how cute siggy you have!!!! :wub::wub::wub:

No :no:

I sometimes like Maroon 5 but this was definitely not good. Adam tried too much to mimic Michael and it doesn't work because it's not possible to sound like the original.
If they would have made it to sound like their own it may have been better.

That cute dog is my sweet baby :wub:

Adam must be a fan "in the closet" :lol:

Luther doesn't do imitations, he has his own style. Covers are more interesting when someone does something different, rather than doing an exact copy. Otis Redding recorded "Respect" 1st. Aretha Franklin covered it in her own style. Hers became more famous than the original. En Vogue covered The Beatles "Yesterday" and their version is different.

is that guy trying to sing like mj or is he always like that? sounds like someone at an MJ day performing an mj song

is that guy trying to sing like mj or is he always like that? sounds like someone at an MJ day performing an mj song

he doesn't alway sing like that :)
I guess it wa aspare of the moment thing during a concert, a bit tongue in cheek.

same person singing a beatles song...

Right! I know he/they sings better than that...he sounds real bad on there.
That makes me wonder if he was purposely making fun of MJ and the song.
How is it a tribute when he sounds that bad? He could have sang in his normal
voice or w/e and did the song more justice than that.

people may have a problem with what i'm saying..but..oh well..

it all makes me appreciate how good MJ's voice really is when he does or doesn't dance. (for all those people who have problems with MJ's Michaelisms vocal style, when he is or isn't dancing.)

I don't have a problem with you saying that. I wasn't in to his performance either. Luther Vandross is often talked about as one of the greatest vocalist of all time, but I think Michael's voice is much better then his. I've been challanged on that before, but that's the way I see it.

I really like Maroon 5, but that was just... not good, to be nice.

It's extremely difficult to cover an MJ song and pull it off...

I don't have a problem with you saying that. I wasn't in to his performance either. Luther Vandross is often talked about as one of the greatest vocalist of all time, but I think Michael's voice is much better then his. I've been challanged on that before, but that's the way I see it.

what i bolded, there, is the way i see it too. and i think luther's voice IS one of the greatest of all time. so..that MIGHT give you SOME idea of what i think of Michael's voice.(not showing any anger, or intent to offend with caps, there..lol...just my way of saying, that no one can possibly know how highly i think of MJ's voice, at this point...using the legendary Luther Vandross' voice as a springboard.)

Last edited:
Yeah, me too vince. Luther is excellent, a total pro. But in my opinion, Michael is even more talented, and I've heard from a student of Seth Riggs, who is Michael's voice coach, as well as was Luther's and people like Stevie Wonder, that Seth has said Michael is the most talented male vocalist he's ever heard. So we aren't alone in that thinking.

Back