Man In The Mirror Appreciation Thread

Michaelisthebest

Proud Member
I really love Man In The Mirror. These two lines I love the most(The tune mostly):
A summer's disregard,
a broken bottle top...

I love the whole song but those are my favorite lines ^^ Please everyone post your comments about this song!

(P.s: if this thread has already been started please tell me)

yeah- I looove this song too!
My fave lines are:
"as i, turn up the collar on
my favorite winter coat
this wind is blowin my mind"

and

"they follow the pattern of the wind you see
cause they got no place to be"

and I love when he does it live and says "stand up for my brother, stand up for my sister" LOL!

yeah, such a wonderfully written song by Siedah, and Michael did it SO much justice with his beautiful voice and the passion he puts behind the lyrics, cause you know he probably really really felt that song :yes:

Amazing song right there. I want to hear him sing it live sometime soon!

and I love when he does it live and says "stand up for my brother, stand up for my sister" LOL!

^^Yes, yes, yes!
I must say MITM is one of my favorites. That songs sound is so 80ties style which I love very much and the video, even Michael is rarely seen, is so moving. Fits perfect to the song.

Man In The Mirror is brilliant. It's my favorite song of MJ's that he didn't write.

What's interesting is that he sings it with so much passion, it's as if he did write it. My favorite part of the song is actually in the live version ... toward the end with all his ad libs. I love, in the "Moonwalker" version, where he sings "you-you, you-you, yoou-yooooouuuu" and his voice gets really low. Gets me pumped! :D

if u know me u guys know this is my all time favorite song period! not just my fave mj song but my fave song ever! gosh! it gets no better

Michael's voice is so killer on this song. I especially love the way he almost changes the timbre of his voice when he sings "They follow the pattern of the wind ya see..." It's incredible how he can do that.

Michael's voice is so killer on this song. I especially love the way he almost changes the timbre of his voice when he sings "They follow the pattern of the wind ya see..." It's incredible how he can do that.

lol that's what i always say to everyone..... listen to how he says pattern.

that delivery of the 2nd verse is perfection.

OMG! I should've started this thread! :)

This is my all time favorite MJ song and my all time favorite song ever! This is the best song IMO. It's so unique! Especially because of Michael's interpretation. The emotion and the passion he sings it with, is just simply amazing, mind-blowing and breath-taking. I like everything about this song. The melody, the lyrics, the chorus, how Michael sings it, his voice, the hiccups, the aows and the make that change whisper at the end. I like how he performs it, especially at the Grammy Awards. It's incredible. That's his best performance ever IMO. I could watch his performance and listen to this song over and over without getting bored. I used to watch the edited version of MITM at the beginning of Moonwalker every day at least 10 times when I became a MJ fan. So I have great memories about this song also.

what can I say more, I adore this song! :)

Timeless song which will always be relevant, no matter what's going on around the world. Btw do the lyrics "Change, make that change, gotta make that change," make anyone think of the current US election or is it just me? :innocent:

Omg this song is one of my all time favourites.. and the way he does it live it is soo magical, with all the lighters in the air and when he says '' stand up for me broothaa'', the spins, and the ending in the bad tours with the '' chaaaange... make that change..'' such an beautiful song..

listening to this song closely today, i was pausing and going over certain parts of the song, the depth and versatality of his voice is amazing. (listen closely to the end of every line, how its delivered....in the verses.)

So, emotive... i often go through many MJ songs and say that i could write a little sidenote to every line he sings, adds so much to the lyrics.

An amazing song. I love it! It is clearly a perfect song. The lyrics, the stage performance, the melody, and the way it is sung by Michael just gives me goosebumps whenever I hear it. :)

I love this song. Its so powerful and its words ring so true. Each performance of it was amazing.

Back