Mamma Mia - Michael style!

MsSnoop

Proud Member
Mamma Mia! - a musical based on the music of ABBA is coming out soon. Has anyone thought about creating a movie using only Michael's music? Not a tribute show, not a Thriller show - but a show telling a story, using his music.

For those of you who aren't aware of the new movie - "Mamma Mia!" is the story of a bride-to-be trying to find her real father told using hit songs by the popular '70s group ABBA. It is currently a stage show in Las Vegas and in other places worldwide.

Personally, I think it would be an outstanding show with an interesting twist. :clapping: Thoughts?

yes, there's a news coverage on it in our local newspaper.

It would be a good idea for Michael.

A young man falls for a DANGEROUS P.Y.T, and becomes involved in the dirty gangster underground.. the twist? THEY'RE ALL ZOMBIES! A great new MJ-themed opera.

LOL, I joke.

one of yall should write the script :yes:

dont dream it, be it :chichi:

Not many of these "oldies" musicals are successful. The Abba one and the Frankie Valli are a couple that were popular. Others with Boy George, John Lennon, and Billy Joel music didn't do that well. Well John didn't exactly make happy feel good music, lol.

Not many of these "oldies" musicals are successful. The Abba one and the Frankie Valli are a couple that were popular. Others with Boy George, John Lennon, and Billy Joel music didn't do that well. Well John didn't exactly make happy feel good music, lol.

The one with Boy George, Taboo, isn't a musical with Culture Club hits. It's an original play inspired by George's auto-biography about the New Romantic Movement in London where he plays Leigh Bowery. All songs were written by George for the play excluding 3, Karma Chameleon, Do You Really Want to Hurt Me and Bow Down Mister. It was a huge success in London but didn't do well on Broadway.

By the way...I asked Boy George if it was true that Michael had asked him to do a duet for the Bad album and he said yes, that he did, but her turned Michael down.

RS

Last edited:
By the way...I asked Boy George if it was true that Michael had asked him to do a duet for the Bad album and he said yes, that he did, but her turned Michael down.

RS
I've never heard about George O'Dowd being asked to sing on the Bad album. I know that Whitney Houston, Barbra Streisand, Kraftwerk, and Prince turned him down.

I've never heard about George O'Dowd being asked to sing on the Bad album. I know that Whitney Houston, Barbra Streisand, Kraftwerk, and Prince turned him down.

Kraftwerk?? Really????? I didn't know that! That would've been awesome!!!!!!! What's wrong with these people???? I bet they all regret it nowadays! But yes...Michael did ask Geroge.

RS

Another successful theater show based on the music of a particular artist is "We Will Rock You" by Queen. http://wewillrockyou.queenonline.com/ This one also was a Las Vegas show for a bit.

Imagine how wonderful it would be to create a show based on Michael's music. He won't have to be in it, he could be out in the audience enjoying it and free to work on other projects like albums and spot touring. He could also create several touring shows, so everyone worldwide could enjoy the show - just like Mamma Mia!

I've actually had the idea lately of making something like that out of HIStory. :mellow: Though, I don't think I could ever really develop it into anything - just something I like to visualize while listening to the album.

I've seen the Dutch musical production of Mama Mia.
It was quite nice to see, but there wasn't a real deeper meaning in the storyline, it was just this feel good story and that's really nice, but I don't think that will work with Michael songs. I mean songs like ''Dancing Queen'' are just totally perfect for these kind of stories, but songs like ''Smooth Criminal'', ect aren't.

It would be fine to make a musical with his songs included. I think some sort of Westside Story or Fame story style would be fine for his songs.:D

Back