Makings of a Prince--Going in an Entirely Different Route Now

Severus Snape

Proud Member
So, when I had first started thinking about my short story, John Prince was fairly sane. I wanted to mold him more in my image, however, so I changed a few things and made him delusional from the very beginning. :p

The story takes place in the 1800s, something which can be picked up from context clues. If it can't, well, I already told you.

He's still a man of fifty-four years, and a brilliant writer. That part, I kept. However, to make it more realistic, he is not engaged to Robyn Elizabeth. He is hopelessly in love with her, and what happens as a result is noteworthy--as those who read it will come to know. Alma, I know you know. ;)

Fortunately for the world at large, I won't post the story here. The reason why is because it is actually an entry for a contest, so I am prohibited from "publishing" it. I want to keep on the safe side, in case posting it on the internet counts as it being published. If someone really wants to read it, which I doubt, I can email it as a word document if you PM me your email.

I was at first going to keep the story entirely private because it's something symbolically personal and more-or-less based on actual events, but decided to submit it for the writing contest instead because I figured I may as well profit from my misfortunes. I am fairly content with the finished product.

To go along with the story, I made a pencil portrait of the protagonist, Herr Prince:

prince_by_iheartmichaeljackson-d3blqe5.jpg

The style is more-or-less realistic, but not quite so, to give it a storybook feel. Those who have seen my work will know I am capable of producing realistic pieces--in fact, these are my specialty. However, I wanted John Prince to be depicted in a distinctive style, hence the peculiar manner in which I have chosen to shade the picture, and depict the sky outside.

That's all I really have to say. Comment, if you'd like.

So, when I had first started thinking about my short story, John Prince was fairly sane. I wanted to mold him more in my image, however, so I changed a few things and made him delusional from the very beginning. :p

The story takes place in the 1800s, something which can be picked up from context clues. If it can't, well, I already told you.

He's still a man of fifty-four years, and a brilliant writer. That part, I kept. However, to make it more realistic, he is not engaged to Robyn Elizabeth. He is hopelessly in love with her, and what happens as a result is noteworthy--as those who read it will come to know. Alma, I know you know. ;)

Fortunately for the world at large, I won't post the story here. The reason why is because it is actually an entry for a contest, so I am prohibited from "publishing" it. I want to keep on the safe side, in case posting it on the internet counts as it being published. If someone really wants to read it, which I doubt, I can email it as a word document if you PM me your email.

I was at first going to keep the story entirely private because it's something symbolically personal and more-or-less based on actual events, but decided to submit it for the writing contest instead because I figured I may as well profit from my misfortunes. I am fairly content with the finished product.

To go along with the story, I made a pencil portrait of the protagonist, Herr Prince:

prince_by_iheartmichaeljackson-d3blqe5.jpg

The style is more-or-less realistic, but not quite so, to give it a storybook feel. Those who have seen my work will know I am capable of producing realistic pieces--in fact, these are my specialty. However, I wanted John Prince to be depicted in a distinctive style, hence the peculiar manner in which I have chosen to shade the picture, and depict the sky outside.

That's all I really have to say. Comment, if you'd like.

Have nothing else to say except 'You are a genius.' .. Love your drawing, and I don't know why, but for some reason, he does look like the image I've had of him in my mind, quite a lot actually.

Thanks so much to the two of you! I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm a genius--it's all disappointingly simplistic, but I am happy with the drawing and the story in the end, so even if I don't win, it would all have been worth it. :)

Thanks so much to the two of you! I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm a genius--it's all disappointingly simplistic, but I am happy with the drawing and the story in the end, so even if I don't win, it would all have been worth it. :)

Yeah, I was sure you'd pick up on the word 'genius', but that's how I generally call multi-talented people, maybe out of sheer laziness too, but, yeah..

Wishing you best of luck with the contest! I'm sure you will be recognized in some way anyway, that your goal will be met, don't know the rest of the contenders' entries, but yours was beautiful.

^Well, it's the second time this week I've been hailed as one, lol. In any case, thanks for the well-wishes! =D

Back