Madonna thrown off a horse

TarinJade

Proud Member
(CNN) -- Pop star Madonna suffered minor injuries Saturday when she was thrown off a horse after it was startled by photographers, her record label said.

Madonna is due to begin a European tour on July 4.

The photographers jumped out of the bushes to snap pictures of the 50-year-old singer while she was visiting friends in Bridgehampton, New York, said Liz Rosenberg of Warner Brothers Records.

She suffered minor injuries and bruises and doctors will continue to monitor her, Rosenberg said in a statement.

In 2005, Madonna broke three ribs, a hand and a collarbone after she slipped from a saddle during her 47th birthday celebrations.

The singer begins a European summer tour that kicks off in London on July 4.

----------------------------------------------
These scumbags have no shame at all. She could have been seriously hurt. :(

whatever..
wtf is wrong with the paparazzies.. did someone drop them on the floor when the where babies or something?

These scumbags have no shame at all. She could have been seriously hurt. :(
It's like a drug dealer, if there was no demand for pictures by the nosey public, the papparazzi will go out of business. You can't just blame the drug dealer (the paps, tabloids), they're just giving the drug addicts what they want. You have to go for the drug lord or users(the audience for the pics or stories). Unless all of the addicts go cold turkey all at once, the paps aren't going anywhere.

I think that when paps see a celebrity on a horse or another position where they could get hurt, they should know better then to try to snap a pic. They should not putting people in danger like that. Imagine if Madonna had been killed because of this. Didn't these people learn anything from what happened to Princess Diana? Jeez.

Last edited:
I think that when paps see a celebrity on a horse or another position where they could get hurt, they should know better then to try to snap a pic. They should not putting people in danger just because of their job. Imagine if Madonna had been killed. Didn't these people learn anything from what happened to Princess Diana? Jeez.

I know. What happened to Princess Di was just tragic. She was being pursued by them (the paps). Have we learned nothing from this? OMG.

It's like a drug dealer, if there was no demand for pictures by the nosey public, the papparazzi will go out of business. You can't just blame the drug dealer (the paps, tabloids), they're just giving the drug addicts what they want. You have to go for the drug lord or users(the audience for the pics or stories). Unless all of the addicts go cold turkey all at once, the paps aren't going anywhere.

the public will always have a curiosity for celeb culture, that seems like an unfortunate fact. however, the media has such a phenomenal influence on how people think, it's actually pretty dangerous.

if their greed didn't hinder their ethics, then the moguls could very well decide to change the masses' attitudes through their influential magazines, rags, tv, radio programs and the net. i mean if one was to steer people's attitudes and thoughts, you might as well do it for a moral reason.

maybe one criteria would be to stop portraying celebrities as non-human. i think that's how many people see it. and i think maybe there's a "real-life soap drama" or "reality soap drama" complex that can also be irradicated by media influence. see the ever-popular Chris Brown and Rihanna.

it's just unhealthy to every party but the media. they can definitely do something about it.

the attitude of media has changed so much in my lifetime. when i was growing up, they had fact checkers that had to qualify things with a certainty before it was released. they also had the mentality of reporting unbiased news, giving things from a factual perspective rather than today's flavor of editorial license. when i was growing up anyone who did that was considered uncredible and lost their jobs and it was sure to be published that they lost their job and why as part of their public relations. it's just so different now. the media always used the phrase the publics right to know, but what the papparazzi does has nothing at all to do with our need to know. why do we need to see kirsty alley's butt hanging out the back of her baggy sweats when she's gardening in her own yard? why do we need close up shots of paris hilton's cellulite? there has to be some kind of guideline. every other industry is regulated, but the media have free license to do whatever? speaking of Princess Diana, as she laid trapped in that car forever before any help came, the papparrazzi that was already there was snapping photos of her and the others in the car who'd already died. those photos didnt get released i dont think, but the papparrazzi took the photos with the full thinking that they were gonna get paid big bucks and probably thinking if she died, they'd get even more. they in fact caused the accident to begin with by chasing her. there has to be some kind of regulation. what i truly dont get, is how come with so many former actors and actresses, singers, and others who were former performers that have gone into politics, why in the heck haven't they taken up this cross? and gotten legislation passed to protect celebrities in the USA at least, can't talk of other countries as i dont live there, but celebrities are citizens too, with RIGHTS that are not waived when they become famous. to hell with the arguent for audience... other industries are regulated regardless of who is willing to pay for the product... what? if it were regulated there would be what? black market photos for sale of celebs? i doubt there would be a large demographic willing to go to jail or pay fines for getting a picture of a celebrity in a compromising position. maybe a few... but then when caught... bust their asses. my two cents anyhow

When princess Diana died I remeber thinking maybe the paparazzies would learn someting but I guess they never will. All that matters is money. I am glad she wan´t seriously hurt.

Was it Christopher Reeves that got permenantly paralyzed from falling off a horse?

Madonna should be careful next time (in General, not just coz of the paps)

I hope Madonna is back soon. I remember when Madonna was coming in the Kabbalah Center in New York with their children, had several paparazzi. The children were scared and went running into the Kabbalah Center, it lost to the Rocco tennis so scared he was and said that Madonna was yelling at the paparazzi and scold them and the flashes of cameras in full swing.

Why talk about Madonna... London is very busy in July. The shows start on it on July 4 in the O2 Arena! Michael and Madonna are at the same time in London!

Celebrities will always be pursued by paparazzi, they do not know the word "limit" and always address the celebrities so aggressive.​

Yes, that's what I was thinking!

Was it Christopher Reeves that got permenantly paralyzed from falling off a horse?

Madonna should be careful next time (in General, not just coz of the paps)

or if not paralyzed like christopher. she could of hit her head and bleed internally ...after that natasha richardson thing ..i think people need to be careful and wear helmets on horses. horses are freaky..i dont trust them. if they get scared ..thats it. not only that but the paps freaked the poor horse.

but the thing is if we want to see new pictures of michael the paps take if him out and about where does the line end? it does go both ways sadly.

I thought madonna was 50...?

EDIT: nevermind, I didn't read, in 2005 part...

Back