Travis

Proud Member
MADONNA TICKETS BREEZE PAST ONE MILLION MARK

mcknight-madonna.jpg

“STICKY & SWEET” TOUR HEADING TOWARD RECORD-BREAKING NUMBERS
MATERIAL GIRL LEAVES DOUBTERS IN THE DUST
FOR BIGGEST TOUR OF 2008
Los Angeles, Calif. June 25, 2008

Neither wind, nor rain, gas prices, nor the economy can slow down the momentum of Madonna fans who are turning out in record numbers all over the globe to scoop up tickets for the upcoming “Sticky & Sweet” Tour. Today, Live Nation confirmed that Mexico City’s Foro Sol Stadium shows scheduled for November 29th and 30th sold more than 100,000 tickets in just three hours, resulting in back to back sellouts at the famed stadium.​
Mexico City joins the growing list of sold out Madonna shows in Paris, Lisbon, New York, Zurich, Boston, Chicago, Denver, East Rutherford, NJ, Oakland, Las Vegas, Houston, Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver all of which sold out within hours of going on sale.​
To date Madonna has sold out 90% of the tickets available for her 42-date global tour, which kicks off in Cardiff, Wales on August 23rd.​
With more than 70,000 tickets sold for the Sticky & Sweet Zurich Show at the Military Airfield Dubendorf on August 30th, Lisbon’s 75,000 tickets sold and 50,000 tickets sold for her Vancouver dates and four Madison Square Garden shows sold out in New York City in addition to the nearby Izod Center in East Rutherford for a total of 65,000 New York area tickets sold, Madonna has sold more than 1 Million tickets thus far on her global tour.​
Madonna, whose most recent CD ‘HARD CANDY’ debuted at Number One in over 30 countries, has made it her personal mission to challenge herself to top her previous tours. With rehearsals well under way for ‘Sticky & Sweet,’ Madonna and famed director and long-time collaborator Jamie King are creating an extraordinary never-before seen stage set, groundbreaking audio and eye popping visual effects. Madonna will be joined onstage with a new band and 18 dancers that reaffirm that this is a singular event that Madonna fans can not miss.​
“With ‘Sticky & Sweet,’ Madonna is on track to break her own record as the top grossing female artist of all time,” said Arthur Fogel, Live Nation’s of Chairman of Global Music and CEO of Global Touring. “Her sales are extraordinary in every market she’s playing and illustrate what an unparalleled live draw Madonna is for music fans all over the world.”​

Congrats to her :) She's truly a global star :D
I watched the Confession tour on Youtube and really enjoyed it. But I do wish if she ever does La Isla Bonita again, she'd stick to the album version. :huh:

Last edited:
I wish she would expand her European tour. Such a star shouldn't stick to France, Germany, Italy and UK only.

Yeah I know she is coming to Greece as well, but come on...

What about the rest? Another tour without a lot of European countries...

She's coming to Holland as well but it isn't selling as quickly as in the countries mentioned ;)
Her concert here was sold out pretty quickly on her last tour,so it is kinda strange it isn't selling that quickly this time around...
Although from what I heard her tickets are VERY expensive, at least here in Holland they are considered very expensive.So some of her fans here probably can't afford it or refuse to pay such an high amount (I don't remember how much they cost) but the concertpromoters are pretty sure it will sell out before the concert is actually here..

Last edited:
M I C H A E L J A C K S O N is the ONLY person who can STOP THIS WOMAN!!! QUICK!! Get that new album out will ya?? GEEZ!!

:rofl:......you're statement is so gonna upset someone here.

Congrats to her :) She's truly a global star :D
I watched the Confession tour on Youtube and really enjoyed it. But I do wish if she ever does La Isla Bonita again, she'd stick to the album version. :huh:
Madonna has said many times that she gets bored singing certain songs such as "Like A Virgin", so changes the arrangements to make the songs different and new to her. Lots of acts change arrangements like James Brown, Prince, Jill Scott. I don't need a replica of the record, so it's cool to me.

:wild:Hahahahahahaha:wild:
ITS GODZILLA

Hey, you laugh....maybe he IS watchin these boards.....notice how he had that single "leaked" then took it back?? Hummm....HE knows he can stop her!! LOL!! :rofl:

Notice all of those stories about her and Guy Ritchie getting "divorced" and she's spendin time with A-ROD?? CAUSE SHE NEEDS to keep the ATTENTION on HERSELF....cause MICHAEL JACKSON is gonna BLOW HER RIGHT OFF THE CHARTS when the new album comes out!!!

stop_woman_from_bitching.jpg

RUN for your LIVES!! It's the attack of the 50 foot woman (aka Madonna)!!
50_ft_woman.jpg

Last edited:
MAdonna is one of the biggest Woman ever good luck for the next "making history"

Madonna has said many times that she gets bored singing certain songs such as "Like A Virgin", so changes the arrangements to make the songs different and new to her. Lots of acts change arrangements like James Brown, Prince, Jill Scott. I don't need a replica of the record, so it's cool to me.

Of course I like that she's constantly changing the arrangements. Its just that I dislike the "new" La Isla Bonita :lol:

:rofl: :rofl: this is just too funny!

Kinda looks like her doesn't it?? :rofl:

I love Madonna....she's DA BOMB!! But she can't compete with MJ...Actually I wish and hope that ONE DAY, MJ and her could do a VIDEO together...

Last edited:

I Can't judge her:smilerolleyes::ph34r:

Kinda looks like her doesn't it?? :rofl:

I love Madonna....she's DA BOMB!! But she can't compete with MJ...Actually I wish and hope that ONE DAY, MJ and her could do a VIDEO together...

ummm... no thanx.

gee... :puke:

LIVE NATION: STICKY & SWEET TO GROSS $250 MILLION

home.jpg

Madonna ticket sales may hit $250 million, says Live Nation
Her tour has not yet started, but when Madonna concludes her forthcoming Sticky & Sweet Tour, which kicks off August 23 in Cardiff, Wales, the tour could gross an estimated $250 million for the 55 shows, according to the tour’s promoter Live Nation. This tops her 2006 Confessions tour gross of $195 million for 60 concerts. Madonna will then not only again possess the record for a female touring artist, breaking her own record, but will join the higher echelon of all touring acts.

Only the Rolling Stones, U2 and The Police have grossed more on a single tour. The Rolling Stones grossed $558 million for the 2005-07 Bigger Bang tour with 144 shows performed; U2 generated a gross of $389 million for the 2005-06 Vertigo tour with 133 concerts; and The Police will likely gross more than $350 million for the 151 concerts on their 2007-08 reunion tour. In fact, the Rolling Stones have grossed more than $300 million on two other tours; $320 million for its 1994-95 The Voodoo Lounge Tour for 128 shows, and $312 million for their 2003-04 Licks tour for which they played more than 120 shows.

Madonna is approaching those numbers with only 55 shows.
“Most shows already sold out and likely all will be virtually sold out when all is said and done,” Live Nation Artists CEO Global Touring and Chairman Global Music Arthur Fogel told TicketNews. “We’re already at 90 percent of all total tour capacity sold.”
According to Live Nation, Madonna has already sold more than 1 million tickets for the tour with just 42 shows on sale. She opens with 17 shows in Europe, followed by 28 in North America, two in Mexico City and eight in South America. have not gone on sale yet: Thirteen shows three in Europe, two in the U.S. and all eight in South America (four in Brazil, two in Argentina and two in Chile), which will take place from December 3-21. Athens, Greece went on sale last week and immediately sold out.

Tickets have been selling like hot cakes in most markets: Paris (110,000 tickets); Mexico City (100,000); Lisbon (75,000); Zurich (70,000); Athens (67,000); New York (64,500); London (64,000); Rome (51,000); Vancouver (50,000); and Amsterdam (47,000). Despite the numbers, the tour has received some criticism over a perception of slow ticket sales. “Ticket sales are everything I could hope for and once again those that doubt Madonna are proven wrong,” Fogel said. “The doubters might want to spend time worrying about their own business because mine is as good as it gets”
There are some tickets still available for the four of the five stadium shows in North America; Vancouver sold out 48,000 tickets in 50 minutes for a gross of $5.7 million; San Diego has sold 30,200 out of 35,000 seats and has grossed $4.2 million so far; Miami has sold 35,600 out of 42,000 for $4.1 million; Los Angeles 29,300 out of 43,000 for $3.9 million; and Houston 41,000 out of 45,000 for $4.8 million. It should be noted that three arena shows are generally equivalent to one stadium concert, attendance-wise, thus Madonna is outselling double nights in these arenas. “We’re selling a few hundred tickets every fewdays,” advised Fogel.

In addition, there are still some seats in the venues where second shows were added: Oakland, Denver, Chicago and Las Vegas, and there are also a few singles seats in arenas in Philadelphia, Atlantic City and Atlanta.

Source: Ticket News (thanks M.C.)

Last edited:
Back