Madonna: Confessions Vs Hard Candy

I definitely prefer Confessions !
I was really deceived by Hard Candy, for me it's a commercial/RNB album, i don't feel anything when i listen to it, especially the Timbaland tracks. But still there's some songs that i like (Heartbeat and Miles Away).

Confessions is a great album but I have to go with Hard Candy. I'm feeling it more at the moment. To me, Hard Candy is more about what Madonna used to be about [catchy pop music]. That's exactly what Hard Candy is.

Last edited:
Confessions because it had its own flavor and it was available to bigger audience in a way.

Hard Candy is just tired in my opinion... It's just an album like all other albums today... With of course... TIMBALAND!

I do like some songs but they are just... OK , nothing amazing. Not one song do I like as much as I did Confessions. Maybe Beat Goes On. But that's it. The rest are just either ok or GOD AWFUL (Spanish Lesson, wtf?!)

Well none of those two are great for me, I still prefer her old stuffs. But I really love Miles Away while none of the songs from Confession are impressive so I'm going with Hard Candy :lol:

I have to go with Confessions out of the two albums because even though it is a dance album, it is an deep album too, imo. I still love Hard Candy. It is fun album and I can't stop listening to it. :)

Confessions because it had its own flavor and it was available to bigger audience in a way.

Hard Candy is just tired in my opinion... It's just an album like all other albums today... With of course... TIMBALAND!

I do like some songs but they are just... OK , nothing amazing. Not one song do I like as much as I did Confessions. Maybe Beat Goes On. But that's it. The rest are just either ok or GOD AWFUL (Spanish Lesson, wtf?!)

Well I think Beat Goes On, She's Not Me And Miles Away are all great songs. Problem is that "Hard Candy" gets old fast. When I first bought it I listened to it all the time, now the only song I listen to from it is "Miles Away" (which I think is one of Madonna's best songs to date actually). Most of the songs on "Hard Candy" are disposable and forgettable, the album gets pretty stale fast. I don't think it will age well at all.

I thought "Confessions" was a much better album overall. Better music overall, lyrics, video's-everything. I loved that whole era.

You can't go better than Erotica, but Confessions wipes the floor (hahahahaha no pun intended) with Hard Candy

Hard Candy is in the top 2 Madonna albums ever made. Confessions is in the bottom two.

I can't believe how many don't like HC. After 25 years of fandom, she's brought out one of teh best of her career.

Candy Shop, She's Not Me, Beat Goes On & Voices are all amazing and the rest are top notch as well.

Definitely Confessions for me. I adore that album, great songs on it IMO. I used to listen to it every day back then. Plus the Confessions concert is amazing! :yes:

Last edited:
I'm glad to see the varying opinions but it's sort of surprising given that back when Confessions originally dropped, the majority here panned it as awful. My oh my how times have changed.

I prefer Confessions. Only songs I really like on Hard Candy are the last two songs on the album and Miles Away is ok too. More like old Madonna. And more storyline to them. I liked Give It to Me but on more listens it just lacks substance for me. I don't listen to it anymore.

Hard Candy is in the top 2 Madonna albums ever made. Confessions is in the bottom two.

I can't believe how many don't like HC. After 25 years of fandom, she's brought out one of teh best of her career.

Candy Shop, She's Not Me, Beat Goes On & Voices are all amazing and the rest are top notch as well.

well that's your opinion only - don't be surprised there are other opinions. imo it's one of her worst. see - it differs ;)

Confessions is a great album but I have to go with Hard Candy. I'm feeling it more at the moment. To me, Hard Candy is more about what Madonna used to be about [catchy pop music]. That's exactly what Hard Candy is.

you speak the truth hard candy by a mile

Back