Madonna and Ritchie to announce divorce

memyselfni

Proud Member
The Sun reports the American pop star and British movie director want a divorce finalized by Christmas.
The Daily Mail says a statement on the couple's future will soon be released. The newspapers cited unnamed sources.
Madonna has been linked to the recent breakup of New York Yankees baseball star Alex Rodriquez and his wife, Cynthia Rodriquez. Over the summer the pop star denied rumors of a romance with Rodriquez and denied her own marriage was on the rocks.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081015/ap_on_en_mu/eu_people_madonna_3

I would like to see the statement before I fully believe any of this. When the statement appears from thin air, and I read it, lol, then I will believe that they are divorcing. It is really distrubing that the tabloid press has now become the Associated Press.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/report-madonna-and-guy-ritchie-set-to-divorce_article_11689

Report: Madonna & Guy Ritchie Set To Divorce

LONDON, England --
Madonna and Guy Ritchie will announce their divorce after almost eight years of marriage, Britain’s The Sun and The Daily Mail claimed.

The couple has reportedly prepared a statement confirming the split “to be released imminently,” according to the paper.

The Sun goes on to claim that Madonna and Guy “can’t bear to live with the pretence any longer,” also citing Madonna’s desire to adopt another child and the amount of time their careers consume as factors that eroded the marriage.

A “highly-placed” source told The Sun, “It’s very sad. They were a great couple and brilliant parents. They just couldn’t live together any more.”

News of Madonna and Guy Ritchie’s alleged impending divorce was a hot topic on Wednesday morning, even making news on NBC’s the “Today” show.

Madonna’s rep reportedly declined to comment when contacted by The Sun.

Access Hollywood has reached out to Madonna’s rep and is awaiting a response.

Copyright 2008 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

^ Completely agree Bee. You are spot on about the Tabloids becoming the AP which is horrendous in my opinion. And the sad thing is that the press seem to WANT Madonna and Guy to be divorcing. They're thinking it'll sell more papers! That's just sick. It's the way they are with EVERY CELEBRITY COUPLE. Why can't anyone be happy for anyone anymore? Is that really asking too much? **rolls eyes**

The Sun IS NOT a reliable source, and I highly doubt the Daily Mail is either.

Some people have WAY too much time on their hands.

I wish Guy and Madonna nothing but the best, and I hope they prove the media WRONG AGAIN on this one.

And I stand by what I said in my first post, I will believe it when I see it, read it, hear, and all the above.

Last edited:
Well, it is official: they are divorcing. It seems the damn tabloids were right. Us Weekly is breaking the story:

http://www.usmagazine.com/news/its-official-madonna-and-guy-ritchie-divorcing

BREAKING NEWS: It's Official: Madonna and Guy Ritchie Divorcing
Wednesday October 15, 2008

madonna-ritchie-b_0.jpg

Madonna's spokeswoman says the singer and Guy Ritchie are divorcing after 7 1/2 years together.

In a statement co-signed by Ritchie's representative and e-mailed to The Associated Press, Liz Rosenberg says the couple had not agreed to a settlement yet.

The news come after British papers reported Wednesday morning that a split announcement was imminent.

Citing unnamed sources, The Sun reports the couple want a divorce finalized by Christmas.

Madonna, 50, and Ritchie, 40, "can't bear to live with the pretense any longer," a source told The Sun.

"It's very sad. They were a great couple and brilliant parents. They just couldn't live together.

"Despite huge attempts to patch things up, they both knew deep down that divorce was in the cards. It wasn't a matter of 'if' but 'when.' They tried hard over the past few months, but their fighting was getting out of control.

"The final straw came before Madonna started her U.S. tour."

Though Madonna wanted to wait to announce their split until after her global "Sticky and Sweet" tour, their fighting got so bad that Ritchie just wanted out, according to the Sun.

Madonna finally agreed.

Check out Madonna's biggest scandals.

The The New York Post - which says an announcement could come as early as today -- reports that they made a last-ditch attempt to save their marriage with an intensive Kabbalah course in Manhattan.

"Ritchie flew into New York a few weeks ago specifically to undergo instruction with his wife to try to patch things up, but to no avail," the Post reports, citing a source.

The couple live primarily in London, so their divorce is expected to move through courts there.

The Daily Mail - which also cites unnamed sources - is already estimating that Ritchie will pocket about $100 million in a settlement.

The pair has three children between them: Lourdes, 12, Madonna's daughter from her relationship with actor and personal trainer Carlos Leon; and Ritchie and Madonna's sons, Rocco, 8, and David, 2.

Madonna and Ritchie have clashed over everything from their kids to where they should live: the United States or England, sources said. Madonna also reportedly wants to adopt another child, which Ritchie is against.

Ritchies's mother, Lady Amber Leighton, told reporters at her west London home she would not comment on the matter: "We are not talking to press and we won't be all day."

Barbara Charone, Madonna's London-based rep, told news agency AFP: "No comment. We're not going to know anything until the U.S. wakes up."

Madonna has been linked to the recent divorce of New York Yankees slugger Alex Rodriquez and his wife, Cynthia Rodriquez, as Us Weekly first reported.

Madonna vehemently denied rumors of a romance.

On Oct. 2, Us reported the two took in a cozy dinner at Dos Caminos in NYC.

-----------------------------------------

We can believe it now.

Ok, if you click on this link -

http://www.usmagazine.com/madonnas-loves

It is all about the many loves in Madonna's life and I saw a very familar guy that we love that was in this -

slide597.jpg

MICHAEL JACKSON
The king of pop and the Material Girl hooked up for a few dates, including the 1991 Oscars.

Hehehehhehehehe. Hey, I was curious. :)

Last edited:
^ This is just sad. I hope that the media and everyone else respects them and their children. Which I know won't happen, but I still wish it would. Divorce is a VERY difficult thing to go through. So the media having a field day over this is going to be disgusting to watch. Leave them in peace is all I wish to see. Not holding my breath though.

Reactions: Pua
I am a huge fan of Madonna. I wish her and her kids nothing but the best from here on. Same goes for Guy. But I have to admit I feel sad over this.

Damn! That's sad. I thought she had finally found a good match with Guy. I hope for the sake of their kids they get the divorce over with as quickly and painlessly as possible and end the drama. And I hope she eventually finds someone who fits into the life she wants. No relationship can survive when one person or the other feels they are being denied something that fulfills them the most. Nor can it survive when one person feels they're being forced to live a life they don't want.

Anyway, at least now the pretense is over and they can start the process of moving on. There's a bittersweet sense of freedom in that, I think. The time you waste "pretending" to be happy with someone could be well spent on actually BEING happy with someone else.

Good luck to them both.

Bee I always loved that pic of Michael and Madonna. Lovely.

Same here. I have always loved those pics of Madge and Mickey. Very cute and I think they really like one another. It could have been something more, but Madge gets around.... just saying.

Anyway, it is all sad, when you really think about it. I was going through pics of Madge and her lovers (some I don't believe) and maybe she could have found the right one in Guy but maybe she couldn't be the right one for him. She tried to have that lifestyle of being the housewife with the exception of having this legendary career. However, it just didn't work. Now, I am an honest person here and I do not want to insult Madge fans at all, but why was she hanging out with the baseball player A-Rod? I mean, for his ex-wife, Cynthia, to say that about Madonna, I have to admit, that was very telling. I am not the one to believe these laughable tabloids and the ever pathetic media, but the way it looks, the last thing Madge needed was to be linked to a man that was getting a divorce from his wife.

^ I believe someday she'll find that one for her. I mean if that is in fact what she wants. I happen to like both Madonna and Guy so I find this whole thing rather sad, because they seemed really good for each other, but again we don't know what their lives were like etc. You know? And I do not believe for a second she and A-rod were anything more then friends. The press made it look like something it wasn't, as they usually and often times do. I'm not one of these fans who thinks their idol can do no wrong, I'm the same way with Michael, but in my honest opinion the press distorted things way out of the relm of what they really were. Enough of that subject though, Madonna and Guy obviously seem to care for each other and they love their three kids, so I hope they get through this with dignity and that everyone involved in respected by each other and by the media blood suckers.

Wishing them all the best.

hardly surprising. the rumors have been flying for ages.sad for the kids

I'm not fan of Madonna, but it's sad to hear her and Guy Ritchie are divorcing from the point of view of their children potentially having some parts of their parents private lives being splashed across the media.

When you see them denying and denying, you know something is up! I knew this was coming a few months back when all the hoopla over A ROD flared up.

Bottom line they seemed like two different people to me and he especially did'nt seem to be the type of guy who really was comfortable with the kinda of fame that Madonna draws. This one may get sticky though if there is no prenup as reported earlier on in the marriage, Lourdes maybe hers soley, but the fight over custody will definetly be over Rocco and David and whether they live in London or the U.S. I can see Madonna wanting to come back to the U.S. though.

The rumours were true afterall then....must admit it did come as a shock because I felt like everyone in madonna camp was denying it like nobodys business including guys mother or something so I thouhgt it was all tabloid concoted.

I hope the kids take it up alright.

I don't like Madonna but it's always sad to hear such news.. :(

I hope the best to both of them and their children.

I think these two fought really hard to stay together for the children and to not give in to the rumors. I think they obviously loved one another. Unfortunately, I think Madonna is unlucky in love much like our own Michael. They are stars so big it's hard find and keep a Mr. Madonna or Mrs. Michael Jackson.

http://www.usmagazine.com/news/madonnas-rep-settlement-has-not-yet-been-finalized

Madonna's Rep: Settlement "Has Not Been Finalized"
Monday October 20, 2008

Madonna and Guy Ritchie have not settled their divorce, the singer's rep insists.

The Sun and The Mail on Sunday reported that the two had struck a deal over their finances and how to split their properties.

The Mail also reported that they had agreed to a custody arrangement for their children.

But Liz Rosenberg, Madonna's rep, tells the Associated Press: "I will not be commenting on the various reports regarding the divorce or of the settlement which has not been finalized."

The pair (who do not have a prenuptial agreement) announced they were splitting last week after 7 1/2 years of marriage.

They are reportedly worth around $525 million, with Ritchie having an estimated $35 million fortune.

See Hollywood' ugliest divorces

They own homes in London, Los Angeles and New York, and a 1,200-acre retreat in Wiltshire, England.

They have two children: Rocco, 8, and David Banda, 3, who was adopted in Malawi in 2006. Madonna has a daughter, Lourdes, 12, from a previous relationship with Carlos Leon.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, so why is David's father trippin'?

http://www.usmagazine.com/news/david-bandas-dad-maybe-hed-be-better-off-back-with-us

David Banda's Dad: "Maybe He'd Be Better Off Back With Us"
Monday October 20, 2008

In light of Madonna's divorce from Guy Ritchie, David Banda's biological father is having second thoughts about giving his son up.

"I am still a poor farmer with nothing to offer, but maybe he'd be better off back with us," he told Britain's The Sun.

"This woman, Madonna, told me herself that David was beautiful and made her happy and she promised to take care of him," Yohane Banda added. "Now I see him in a big bewildering crowd in the street with people pushing and shoving, and many cameras around, and without a mother and father to hold his hand. I'm feeling bad for him."

See photos of other celebs who've adopted.

Since Madonna adopted David in Malawi in 2006, David's biological dad has moved into a thatched hut with his new wife, their three-year-old daughter and their seven-month-old son.

"I have the joy of a new family and I even have a new son," he told The Sun. "But now, when I think of David in danger of living outside a family life, I find it unbearable."

Despite reports, Madonna and Guy Ritchie - who announced they were divorcing last week after 7 1/2 years of marriage -- have not finalized a custody arrangement, her rep says.

The two reportedly clashed over adopting another child. Madonna favored the idea, Ritchie did not.

she didnt have a prenup? h9ow stupid is that. just aswell hes got loads of money aswell or we could have seen a heather mills type divorce

still stupid even if u believe its the one. especially when u have 100's of millions and the chances of it lasting isnt a great %. she will prob be ok though considering hes loaded. lucky she didnt marry the male version of heather mills lol

Soemthing tells me that David Banda's dad story might be a tabloid concocted one -- like someone else here said I have no idea why he should be getting his knickers ina twist from Malawi..

Not having a prenup was a BAD decision...hopefully given that Guy Ritchie is quite well off and he isn't too greedy things will be alriht.

Back