Madame Tussauds The Michael Jackson Experience in Las Vegas

Moonwalker.Fan

Proud Member
mj_blog1.jpg

The Michael Jackson Experience is available at Madame Tussauds Las Vegas now through Dec. 27, 2011.

The Michael Jackson Experience

ca1ebae4c2d2abe8d0bd2d77de413ac8
Posted by Jeannie Borbe on Sep 8th, 2011

If you’re a huge Michael Jackson and plan on taking a trip to Vegas before the end of the year, then you’re in for a treat.
The Michael Jackson Experience, a limited-engagement attraction featuring three Michael Jackson wax figures, opened today at Madame Tussauds Las Vegas inside the Venetian. This display is up now through Dec. 27, 2011.

The Michael Jackson Experience highlights various stages of Jackson’s career, including the “Jackson 5″ years, “Invincible” era and “This Is It.” The three figures collectively represent more than $1 million in wax sculpting. My personal favorite is the young Michael Jackson during his time in the Jackson 5. Finally, a wax figure shorter than me! Plus, his afro and banana-colored pants are on point.

Before its Las Vegas arrival, The Michael Jackson Experience was featured at Madame Tussauds Hollywood, as well as New York and Amsterdam.

“Madame Tussauds decided to create a traveling exhibit of Michael Jackson as he is one of the most popular wax figures,” said Jennifer Morton, head of marketing for Madame Tussauds Las Vegas.

Not only will you see three Michael Jackson figures, but you can also read up on a timeline of the star’s career, fun facts and notable quotes. For instance, his 1995 music video, “Scream” (also starring his sister Janet Jackson) is the most expensive music video ever made, costing a massive $7 million. During his career, Jackson sold more than 700 million records worldwide and released 18 No. 1 singles.

Also in The Michael Jackson Experience, you can get your groove on while jamming to one of MJ’s tunes. This section features a virtual Michael Jackson video game where you can have fun and test your own dance skills. If you really want to get into character, there’s a fedora you can wear as you’re doing moves. I may be only comfortable to do this in front of my cats (or if they shut down the entire museum!), but I still encourage you to try it. In the words of Michael Jackson: Hee, hee! Ow!

To celebrate the arrival of the exhibit, everyone who shares Jackson’s birthday (August 29) gets a special discount. Through Dec. 27, anyone with this birthday receives a free ticket with a purchase of one adult general admission ticket.

Jackson’s relationship with Madame Tussauds began in 1984 when he had his first sitting for measurements and reference photos. His first wax figure was so popular that he had a second sitting in 1989. Madame Tussauds sculpted six different waxwork figures of Jackson – more than any other celebrity in history.

Admission to the special exhibit is included with admission to Madame Tussauds Las Vegas.
<object style="padding: 0pt ! important; margin: 0pt ! important; float: none ! important; border: 0px solid rgb(255, 0, 0) ! important; background: none repeat scroll center center transparent ! important; width: 0px ! important; height: 0px ! important; display: block ! important; overflow: visible ! important; position: absolute ! important; text-indent: 0px ! important; z-index: auto ! important; max-width: none ! important; min-width: 0pt ! important; max-height: none ! important; min-height: 0pt ! important; left: 0px ! important; top: 0px ! important; bottom: auto ! important; right: auto ! important; line-height: 16px ! important; white-space: nowrap ! important; visibility: hidden ! important;"></object>

Last edited:
Re: The Michael Jackson Experience in Las Vegas

Thanks. I went there in 2010 and saw the other one they had. This one should be interesting.

Thanks for posting! I have this on my to do list when I am in Vegas for all the other MJ events. I can't wait!!!!

Thank you for posting!! I so wish I could go to Vegas!!!

Looks great.
Sadly I am not goint to London this year! :(

good news for me. i recently moved from new york to las vegas, i'm so going to go there

Back