Madame Tussauds Hong Kong has a new MJ wax figure

mkgenie

Proud Member
000717h19adcz1fr9o11sq.jpg

1748169q46o60wtknac700.jpg

0008169ymdyy79y967l965.jpg

174811sq1u5fnp01pegkkp.jpg

(PHOTO : MJ UNION)

HONG KONG (16 June 2012) – Today, Madame Tussauds Hong Kong unveiled a brand new wax figure of the King of Pop – Michael Jackson, in memory of him as his 3rd anniversary approaches. Fans of Michael Jackson were invited to the attraction to create a special tribute to their idol.

The new Michael Jackson wax figure is depicted in the classic performance pose of his "This Is It" tour poster and will be exhibited permanently in the Music Icons zone. This is the 14th Michael Jackson wax figure produced by Madame Tussauds around the world, with only Queen Elizabeth II – who has just celebrated her Diamond Jubilee – being portrayed more often.

Michael Jackson would have been 53 years old to celebrate his new wax figure launch today. As such, a total of 53 beloved fans of Michael Jackson were invited to the attraction for this special memorial event. To commemorate the extremely talented Michael Jackson, fans created the numbers "53" using their personal Michael Jackson CD collection of many years and also his favourite flower – the sunflower, as a special tribute to their idol.

With over 750 million record sales, Michael Jackson was one of the most creative and popular music icons in the industry across the world. Among all the albums of Michael Jackson that were sold, "Thriller" topped the sales chart. The same album remained number one on the 'Billboard 200' album chart for 37 weeks, and also a record of 80 consecutive weeks, an equivalent of over 1.5 years, in the Top 10 of the 'Billboard 200'.

Kelly Mak, General Manager of Madame Tussauds Hong Kong said, "Michael Jackson is a very unique personality we've seen in a long time, this is why we’ve decided to create the second Michael Jackson wax figure at Madame Tussauds Hong Kong. We'd also like to celebrate the 40 incredible years of Michael Jackson's amazing career and pay tribute to his superstardom through his wax figure launch."

Fans from different corners of the world can now visit Madame Tussauds Hong Kong to see their idol up close, to moonwalk with Michael Jackson, or simply snap photos with this music legend!

http://www.madametussauds.com/HongKong/en/NewsAndEvents/mj_newwaxfigure.aspx

yes...it is beautiful...they did a great job. I just wanna reach out and hug him.

They are getting better at it :) This is one of the best figures I've seen.

That one is really good. Usually, I'm not impressed with them... but I am with this one. It looks SO real!

This looks great! I went to Madame Tussaud's in HKG 2 years ago, and this is so much better than the previous one they had (Bad era, but didn't really look like Michael, IMO).I'll make sure to check it out in December when I'm in Hong Kong again. They used to have a nice one at Madame Tussaud's in London (Earth Song themed), but last time I went there was 12 years ago *lol*

Nice one! In LA, there were 3 different statues of him and I thought they all looked great, but this one looks like one of the best!
I wish they would do another kind of statue, though...That "Dangerous" Michael has been made quite often.
It's time for a BAD Tour statue! :D

It's gorgeous. All Madame Tussauds around the world have the same one if I'm not mistaken. London got it first soon after Michael's passing. I remember looking at the pictures online and crying because it was just so soon.

This is very realistic and the best I've seen. I love it.

Back