Lyrical anomaly with TDCAU

adamschoales

Proud Member
Alright, so there's something that has been troubling me lately about the lyrics on TDCAU. No, not the famous censored lyrics, but rather something Michael says early in the track:
"I have a wife and two children who love me"...
Except Michael wasn't married to Debbie Rowe at the time, and as such she had yet to give birth to Prince and Paris.

I suppose it's possible he is referring to Lisa Marie but even that seems doubtful.

Now, I realize not all songs are autobiographical, but I think it's safe to say *most* if not *all* of HIStory is incredibly personal. So it's strange that Michael predicted exactly what he would soon have (though of course he eventually would gain a third child, Blanket).

Thoughts?

Never knew he said that. I have no idea.

What an interesting topic..... Hhmmmmm!

i think it was about LMP and her kids but then again... He was only with her for 2 years... "She's Out Of My Life"? lol jk jk. But yes its about LMP i think.

I could be wrong, but I think he means Lisa Marie and her 2 children.

Alright, so there's something that has been troubling me lately about the lyrics on TDCAU. No, not the famous censored lyrics, but rather something Michael says early in the track:
Except Michael wasn't married to Debbie Rowe at the time, and as such she had yet to give birth to Prince and Paris.

I suppose it's possible he is referring to Lisa Marie but even that seems doubtful.

He was married to LMP when History got out so I think it's about her and her two kids - if it's not just a metaphor.

I could be wrong, but I think he means Lisa Marie and her 2 children.

Yes that is who I think he was referring to aswell. He was married to Lisa at the time when he wrote, recorded and produced the song.

No big mystery!

hahahaha...I figured that out when I was 13 years old when it was first released! :lol:

I think Michael and LMP was married less than 2 years but they were together before the wedding and I don´t know how many years after the divorce when he took LMP back.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egOr3qMKEZk&feature=player_embedded
Someone wrote that it was LMPs children together with him at 2:00 and it was some years after the divorce.
They seem to love him.

Now, I realize not all songs are autobiographical, but I think it's safe to say *most* if not *all* of HIStory is incredibly personal. So it's strange that Michael predicted exactly what he would soon have (though of course he eventually would gain a third child, Blanket).

Thoughts?
I think it's just a metaphor....which happened to somewhat be true with Lisa Marie and her 2 kids.

He was married to LMP when History got out so I think it's about her and her two kids - if it's not just a metaphor.

He was married to her, so now he took them as his kids as well. He was accepting them into his family rather than being "They're someone else's kids.'

If we go think about the time (1995) Michael is talking about LMP and her two kids but can be a methafor too. He wanted picture a normal family with a mother, a father and the kids that is so commom in society. Maybe this part isn't so autobiographical like the rest of song and the album.

MJ wrote TDCAU before he even married Lisa. Apparently, the original line was "I have a right to a few children who love me". Replaced with "I have a wife and two children who love me".

Seems someone convinced him to change the line, so he changed to one that fits pretty much exactly the same as the original line. Just pure coincidence and wasn't specifically about LMP right off given the original line needing a change.

MJ wrote TDCAU before he even married Lisa. Apparently, the original line was "I have a right to a few children who love me". Replaced with "I have a wife and two children who love me".

Seems someone convinced him to change the line, so he changed to one that fits pretty much exactly the same as the original line. Just pure coincidence and wasn't specifically about LMP right off given the original line needing a change.

Source?

Hm...great ideea.No wonder he skipped the verse on TII.

Michael actually mouths "I have a right to a few children who love me" in the Prison TDCAU video. As a lifelong lip reader, I can tell the mouth to word movements off the bat.

I think one of the guys who worked on TDCAU confirmed the line. Another said GITM was originally titled Love Donor.

Yes yes yes !!!!! You are so right !!!!!!!! :clapping:

Michael actually mouths "I have a right to a few children who love me" in the Prison TDCAU video. As a lifelong lip reader, I can tell the mouth to word movements off the bat.

I think one of the guys who worked on TDCAU confirmed the line. Another said GITM was originally titled Love Donor.

was GITM written for diana ross?

^^^No. I have no idea why people think it was - some think the same thing with Who Is It. I see GITM as being about MJ's dysfunctional relationship with the media - a la Leave Me Alone.

I think both was Michael using experience of certain emotions to write rather than basing them strictly on anyone in his personal life. Speechless would be a good example - completely inspired by a water bomb fight in Germany.

Back