Love David Cook "win Rocks"

rockstar

Proud Member
400_americanidol_winner_080523_mbec.jpg

how do you feel about the new american idol DAVID COOK?

do you like his vioce? will you buy his cd?

here is the news lettler i found:

The new "American Idol" talks about his win and what lies ahead.

DAVID COOK may be the new "American Idol," but in a phone call today talking about his win, he revealed that it had never been his plan to audition. He went along to lend his support to his brother.

"[We were] standing on line at 5:30 in the morning in Omaha. It is raining. The sun hasn't come up. The producer comes by with a camera and talks to my brother, then turns to me. I said, 'I am not auditioning.' He goes, 'Well, you are now.' I just figured I would go in and sing a song and they would say I wasn't what they were looking for. Then, I would go back to Tulsa and work on my record some more. Somebody had another plan."

David also dispels the rumors that he is an overnight success -- going from being a bartender to a recording star. His journey actually began when he was 15 years old and joined a band in Kansas City. He continued to pursue a career in music after college, moving to Tulsa to join a band. During the past 10 years, he has also played acoustic gigs a couple of times a week, which has given him a lot of years to think about the direction he wants his music to take.

"I want to make a record that makes the hair on your neck stand up -- a record that stands up on its own after I am gone. If I can do that, I am set," he says.

More specifically, he is looking for his first CD to be rock music and, hopefully, a mixture of his own songs and songs he has collaborated on.

"The ideal release date is as soon as possible, if you ask me, but these things take time," he says.

As for his competitor in the Final 2, David has nothing but kind words to say about DAVID ARCHULETA: "My hat is off to Archie for the whole scenario. He handled himself with a lot of grace. He is an amazing human being. I was just honored to share the stage with him."

David will be heading out on the "American Idol" tour this summer, beginning July 1 in Glendale, AZ, and wrapping on September 13 in Tulsa, OK, giving the new champ a chance to meet the millions of fans who voted for him.

"I can't believe the level of support that has come out of me doing this crazy TV show," he admits. "All I can do is try to embrace it and make all the effort that people are putting into supporting me worthwhile."

Aww, I never knew he never meant to audition! He deserved the title, though. He seems like a great guy... and he has such a powerhouse voice.
Wish him the best! :D

EDIT: You guys should check out how he sang "Billie Jean" on American Idol... LOVED it!
Oh, I found it on youtube...

Last edited:
I was so excited that David Cook won, and am still ecstatic. I liked him from the beginning, voted for him, and only ever intended on buying whatever he released. Throughout the contest he became more confident, which came across when he sang, in his stage presence, and with regards to his appearance. He's hot, and I can't wait until he releases his album.

me too i love his strong vioce :yes:

i can't wait til he release his cd or see his first time video too can't wait :yes: :)

he can sing and is a cool cat, the turning point for him to me is when He covered Lionel Richie's Hello and then I knw he had a chance to win and when he did Billie Jean then it was a wrap IMO.

i know got the whole world and news too about his amazing talent when he did Billie Jean song ROCKSthe WHOLE WORLD :punk:

i didnt really watch it this year but i saw some of his performances and he has a really strong voice i think he will do well - i loved his billie jean performance

I really liked his talent from the moment he sang Happy Together...to me he is just great. I am so glad for him...Both Davids have a great amount of respect for each other and I think that is great too. I will definately buy David Cooks album...cant wait

be too i like him too i love him so and he is so cute too

i just what to hug him so close :giggle: he is my boyfriend :giggle:

Last edited:
Back