Looking for info on a concert in 1996

analogue

Proud Member
Michael performed a concert in 1996 and in the concert he wore the Dangerous tour leotard. Is there any video clips of this concert and what was the setlist? And also was this a concert for the Dangerous tour (Cause he has the dangerous tour outfit on) or was it a concert for the HIStory tour (Cause he did the show in 1996)?

Last edited:
it was neither HIStory nor Dangerous - the Sultan of Brunei arranged a private concert in Jerudong Park and that was just before the HIStory tour started.

some fans have full unreleased video footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZffAhM7e9nw

and this is press footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qB_Puch9vc

and there's a bootleg audio concert of the full show available - you can roam 2000 Watts forum for that.

set list:

1. Carmina Burana intro
  2. Jam
  3. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
  4. Human Nature
  5. Smooth Criminal
  6. I Just Can't Stop Loving You
  7. She's Out Of My Life
  8. J5 Medley
  9. Thriller
  10. Billie Jean
  11. The Way You Make Me Feel
  12. Beat It
  13. You Are Not Alone
  14. Dangerous
  15. Black Or White
  16. Man in the Mirror
  17. Earth Song

he went back to Brunei as part of the HIStory tour several months later. so you have two "Brunei concerts".

Last edited:
Once upon a time, after school.

Classmate: Hey JJ, I'm going to Brunei.

Me: Really? That's great.

Classmate: Yea, I'm going with my family to see a concert. Vip seats. You wanna come? My family don't mind.

Me: (Who had no idea what the concert was) No, it's okay mate. Thanks for the invite. Gotta go - rushing home. Have fun!

Classmate: Cya.

I was a genius back then. I didn't even bother to ask what concert he was going to attend. He knows that I am a big fan of Michael.

it was a special show for the sultan...an *off show* if u will (lol) so it was neither a dangerous or history show...sooooooo rare

So was this the last time that Mike had sung Billie Jean and Beat It live, before he started lip syncing them?

He used the stage and setlist and costumes from Dangerous, but had some History songs where he wore the outfits from the vids. Kind of like a test concert for History Tour. I really want to see the History Tour Brunei concert, because he sings scream live. wonder what other songs he sang live at that second concert.

this isnt the new years eve show is it? also is this the brunie show where the audio is widely availablecause i can never remeber which show it is.

i work with several ppl who flew from the uk to do the security for this show. if they only knew how jealous iam. had to stay calm the first time they mentioned it. jammy buggers lol

He used the stage and setlist and costumes from Dangerous, but had some History songs where he wore the outfits from the vids. Kind of like a test concert for History Tour. I really want to see the History Tour Brunei concert, because he sings scream live. wonder what other songs he sang live at that second concert.

he only did the first few lines of scream live

Yeah, The concert was performed in July of 1996, as others have stated, it was for the Sultan of Brunei. MJ also used this show as somewhat of a test for his forthcoming HIStory World Tour...The live vocals during the "screaming" part of Earth Song are first class too!! :)...

Yeah, The concert was performed in July of 1996, as others have stated, it was for the Sultan of Brunei. MJ also used this show as somewhat of a test for his forthcoming HIStory World Tour...The live vocals during the "screaming" part of Earth Song are first class too!! :)...

Are you sure that bit is live?i think he only comes in live during the "tell me what about" part

There are very few people around the world that has the full video..

That is actually where the audio came from.. It was ripped from the video..

I've searched for it, talked to some that have it and don't budge for selling it.. I just contacted someone again.. just to see.. ha ha!!

Back