Looking for Employment... Any tips?

BillieJean84

Proud Member
When I am looking at http://hiringcomplex.com/Advantage/preferences.cfm for the jobs I have applied for / sent my resume out for, and l have several, no-one is calling me or emailing me except to tell me that I am a 'candidate' and will or should be notified.

I have trouble uploading my resume; it says 'Please select an acceptable file type' So what does that mean??? Now the employers prob don't have my resume at all.!

I need work fast. Anybody with me???

Any tips ? I don't know this will be counted or not

If you waiting for HR pick up your resume to the boss, its not fast enough.

First choice is the resume that someone in the company take to boss or notify boss. Why don't you call to your friend and ask them any job available in the company and send resume via email as normal but after that beg your friend to tell boss that you already sent. Boss may ask some question from your friend and if your friend willing to help you ..your friend can add some positive info of you that possibly match the job.

Just an idea ppl do here you know..if you want it fast :) I did this for my friend once and its work.

My tip is to accept ANY Job... Do not be picky! Even if its working at a restaurant. You can continue to look for the right job for you while working at this place, its better then just sitting around all day...

Also..
Look for jobs NOW a Lot of people are Hiring for seasonal and sometimes they'll keep you if you do a good job at it..

I have trouble uploading my resume; it says 'Please select an acceptable file type' So what does that mean??? Now the employers prob don't have my resume at all.!

what type of format do you have? does it specify what type you can upload? most sites accept Word or PDF, just write a CV using MS Word

as for tips...apply to as many jobs as you can, and yes if you can't find anything you have to eventually accept anything out there...just think of it as temporary

what type of format do you have? does it specify what type you can upload? most sites accept Word or PDF, just write a CV using MS Word

as for tips...apply to as many jobs as you can, and yes if you can't find anything you have to eventually accept anything out there...just think of it as temporary

Its Word Docuemt

I don't have any tips about online job applications, but I do have a few for job applications you would fill out in a store or restaraunt or business or whatever by hand, since a lot of applications go through me and I help in the hiring process.

Make sure that you write VERY neatly! If we can't read your name we don't even bother! Don't leave ANYTHING AT ALL blank. Write N/A if something doesn't pertain to you! It shows that you are attentive and pay attention to detail. Always fill out all your reference spots. NEVER say anything bad about previous employers! And make sure that you CALL and check on your application but wait atleast a week :)

Have you registered to receive email alerts from job.com or something like that? What about getting an account at monster and they'll email you too. I have Works so attaching a resume to my cover letter won't do well, so what I do is copy and paste and email the resume alone. I explain in my cover letter that I only have Works so that I have to send the resume separately and then I apologize for any inconvenience. Do you have any temporary agencies you can sign up with? Often times the temporary jobs will turn out permanent. You might ask to make sure but I think you'd have to call them every day and let them know you're available. When you go to register to the temporary agencies, make sure you have your resume with you. They will show it to employers. Actually you may want to have extras in case they know of a few hiring. What I've known them to do is to fax my resume to the place. Do you write cover letters when you send resumes online or apply for office jobs or anything?
I have saved some tips for getting jobs. I will try to find it and then I will pm you. I know what it's like. I lost my job and I thank God I was able to find another(only part time though but better than nothing) one within two weeks. I will keep you in prayer.

ok is Microsoft Works Word & Word the same or different?? I only have Microsoft Works Word on here & its saying its not accepting whenever and where-ever I upload my resume.

ok is Microsoft Works Word & Word the same or different?? I only have Microsoft Works Word on here & its saying its not accepting whenever and where-ever I upload my resume.

They're a little different somehow. Most places have Word, so if you have Works you'll have problems. If you have it saved, copy and paste it, put it on an email page and email them . They're sure to get it. Where do you have it saved, in your documents? Find it in your documents, copy it, and then find a blank page where you would email someone and paste it on there. If you want to try it with me I'm willing, just pm me for my email address. Let me know. I will just tell you if I got it or not.

They're a little different somehow. Most places have Word, so if you have Works you'll have problems. If you have it saved, copy and paste it, put it on an email page and email them . They're sure to get it. Where do you have it saved, in your documents? Find it in your documents, copy it, and then find a blank page where you would email someone and paste it on there. If you want to try it with me I'm willing, just pm me for my email address. Let me know. I will just tell you if I got it or not.

thank you I appreciate it. When I get some emails back I will definatley let you know- as of right now, I still have nothing. Thanks

thank you I appreciate it. When I get some emails back I will definatley let you know- as of right now, I still have nothing. Thanks

I'm not sure if you understood what I meant. I meant if you want to you cam pm me for my email address and then email your resume to see if I get it. If I don't get it then more than likely nobody else is either.

I know how you feel - I'm looking for work at the moment too.

For your resume, as long as it's in .doc format, it should be okay for most people. Along with Word, the Wordpad program that comes with Windows will also save files in that format.

There are two really good job sites that I use - JobCircle and Monster. You can set up both to send you daily e-mails with the latest job postings based on what you are looking for.

Good luck.

I know how you feel - I'm looking for work at the moment too.

For your resume, as long as it's in .doc format, it should be okay for most people. Along with Word, the Wordpad program that comes with Windows will also save files in that format.

There are two really good job sites that I use - JobCircle and Monster. You can set up both to send you daily e-mails with the latest job postings based on what you are looking for.

Good luck.

Good luck with you as well. I'll be praying for you. I gave Billie Jean some other links on the first page if you want to look at those. I hope something comes soon for you too.

anywhere i go for a job all say that they don't even have enough hours for the employees now.

I can't not be 'picky' about my job - I have to like or enjoy what I'm doing or I will get very stressed easily. I dont want to go to a job that I hate doing.

i worked during years in human resource...
now in spain the job is horrible, a lot of people got fired.
Nowadays we must have a lot of patient and be satisfied with a not ideal job...but only for the moment!!
i am sure in a short time will be best
And if you need some advice with CV or interview you only ask me!

Back