Look Back On HIStory: First Promos Of Off The Wall And Thriller Album

Re: look back on history: first promos of off the wall and thriller album

LOL... Yeah he did.... If he only knew.

I don't think they are the first promos since a few videos had already been for both albums but it's still cool :)

I have yet to see a album promo that is more memorable than the HIStory teaser. The HIStory teaser is EPIC...

I have yet to see a album promo that is more memorable than the HIStory teaser. The HIStory teaser is EPIC...

Yeah, that's right.... But you have to give credit to this... He wasn't that famous before Thriller.

Thanks, feels like going back in time... Except I wasn't alive ath thattime lol

I swear, that boldness combined with a smirk is unparalleled. Love the fainting girls on the side lines, hehe. :swoon::rofl:

I would have loved to see the movie he would have directed- say a collaboration with Roland Emmerich for some good old fashioned Pathos, intermingled with some MJ humor. And Tim Burton for the dreamworld/other wordly Fantasy stuff.
Always makes me think of one of the best macros ever done:
Getyourgloveon.jpg

WORD! :D

Reminds me of that Diane Sawyer interview:

"Diane Sawyer: Well, the critics have said that, its the most… body vein, glorious, self-deification a pop singer ever undertook with a straight face.

Increasingly pissed of Michael: Good! That’s what I wanted.

Diane Sawyer: For the controversy?

Michael: Yeah! They fell into my trap.

Diane Sawyer: But the people who say that…

Michael: I wanted everybody’s attention.

Diane Sawyer: But for the people who say those symbols, matter …

Michael: No. The symbols…no . .

Diane Sawyer: The suffering …

Michael: No. The symbol has nothing to do with that. It’s not political. It’s not Fascist. It’s not dogma. It’s not…y’know, ideology and all of this stuff. It’s pure, simple love. You don’t see any tanks, you don’t see any cannons. It’s about love. It’s people coming together . . .

Diane Sawyer: About love. We’re gonna let everybody watch a bit of it.

Michael: Yeah, but its art. It is art!

Diane Sawyer: OK.

Michael: We had a director, we get him to create art.
It must have been agonizingly tiring to have to explain the simplest stuff to numb brains.

I love his sarcastic, ticked off remarks. "We had a director, we get him to create art." Bowing down, Michael. :agree:

They all treated him like he was some kind of moron while he was kind enough to not shame them into oblivion with his brightness.

I love the intellectual that they all seemed to have missed while focussing on the "freak". He's brilliant, to become and stay that relevant- boy, does success create negative envy.

Last edited:

Nice.

Ihope promo for the new album will be huge like the HIStory promo.

I swear, that boldness combined with a smirk is unparalleled. Love the fainting girls on the side lines, hehe. :swoon::rofl:

I would have loved to see the movie he would have directed- say a collaboration with Roland Emmerich for some good old fashioned Pathos, intermingled with some MJ humor. And Tim Burton for the dreamworld/other wordly Fantasy stuff.
Getyourgloveon.jpg

Reminds me of that Diane Sawyer interview:

It must have been agonizingly tiring to have to explain the simplest stuff to numb brains.

I love his sarcastic, ticked off remarks. "We had a director, we get him to create art." Bowing down, Michael. :agree:

They all treated him like he was some kind of moron while he was kind enough to not shame them into oblivion with his brightness.

I love the intellectual that they all seemed to have missed while focussing on the "freak". He's brilliant, to become and stay that relevant- boy, does success create negative envy.

Thank you again for another great post. I love that marco. :clapping:

You have a gift of words. You can always describe Michael's arts and magic so beautifully.

billyworld99 thanks! :) I've never seen it! :wild: Very cool! :D :punk:

Getyourgloveon.jpg

:wild:

:clapping:

You said history... Not HIStory... I'm mad..:p

Back