Proud Member
Best Choreography:
Beyonce "Partition"
Jason Derulo feat. 2 Chainz "Talk Dirty"
Kiesza "Hideaway"
Michael Jackson & Justin Timberlake "Love Never Felt So Good"
Sia "Chandelier"
Usher "Good Kisser"

Nice surprise since I assumed Xscape wouldn't get anything.

vma-throphy.jpg

Michael last won a VMA in the same category for Scream, along with two other VMAs for Scream in 1995. It was the same year he did his legendary 15-minute medley performance.

It would be nice if LNFSG won. The best is yet to come.:yes:

When is the VMA?

The VMAs are on August 24. Any chance they will use it to introduce the new single/video?

The VMAs are on August 24. Any chance they will use it to introduce the new single/video?

They said the next single would be out in August, so VMA is perfect to release it, but it I assume it will cost a fortune to do it there?

Anyways, great that LNFSG is nominated for something:clapping:
They should have nominated it to Best Collaboration too:D

^^
It's a professional category, meaning only industry professionals can vote for it I believe.

That's great! I hope it wins, not a very strong competition there.

Nice surprise since I assumed Xscape wouldn't get anything.

Well, the VMA's don't award albums, they are for videos.

Speculation alert!

Remember that comment in which it was said that Cirque was planning a performance in connection with APWNN. Would be great if it was performed at the VMAs with the new video playing behind them on a big screen.

I don't know apart of me would love another big special done for michael at the vma's, but then the other side of me is thinking we would get alot of people complaining that they're tired of all the big promotion being done for michael that the award shows. not us mj fans, but just other people in general and maybe even some celebs. I really don't feel like hearing their whining.

That's great! I hope it wins, not a very strong competition there.

Well, the VMA's don't award albums, they are for videos.
[/CENTER]

I meant I assumed Xscape as a record with music video(s) wouldn't be nominated. VMAs don't mean a whole lot outside of the MJ Vanguard Award anyway but it's nice Michael was nominated all the same. If Justin attends, the award is in the bag most likely. If he doesn't, it's anyone's.

Speculation alert!

Remember that comment in which it was said that Cirque was planning a performance in connection with APWNN. Would be great if it was performed at the VMAs with the new video playing behind them on a big screen.

It had be great, yeah. MJ ruled the VMAs and with Xscape, the estate has an opportunity for this year's VMA to include an MJ performance. Well, just hopeful thinking.

I meant I assumed Xscape as a record with music video(s) wouldn't be nominated. VMAs don't mean a whole lot outside of the MJ Vanguard Award anyway but it's nice Michael was nominated all the same. If Justin attends, the award is in the bag most likely. If he doesn't, it's anyone's.

Oh I understand. But since the album and single were successful I think they will be getting nominations now that the awards season is coming.

Idk what to feel about this personally.. I know I supposed to be excited but.....

Speculation alert!

That would be awesome.

This is a really nice surprise. A posthumous single/project being nominated at all is incredible. :clapping:

I'm honestly shocked that it was able to snag even ONE nomination, considering the fact that this song just seemed to drop from the public consciousness relatively quickly. I really wish that this category could be allowed to have public voting, that way I know for a fact that we all could easily garner enough votes for him. Realistically, I don't think Michael has enough "mainsteam" popularity (at least in America) against the other nominewes like Beyonce or whoever the heck is popular at the moment. But hey, maybe the VMA's can actually throw a curve ball at us and actually give some much deserved credit to the man who pretty much put MTV on the map back when they first started (and when they actually PLAYED music videos, but I digress). I'm still gonna keep my fingers crossed and pray that MJ can win just one more Moonman.

I'm honestly shocked that it was able to snag even ONE nomination, considering the fact that this song just seemed to drop from the public consciousness relatively quickly. I really wish that this category could be allowed to have public voting, that way I know for a fact that we all could easily garner enough votes for him. Realistically, I don't think Michael has enough "mainsteam" popularity (at least in America) against the other nominewes like Beyonce or whoever the heck is popular at the moment. But hey, maybe the VMA's can actually throw a curve ball at us and actually give some much deserved credit to the man who pretty much put MTV on the map back when they first started (and when they actually PLAYED music videos, but I digress). I'm still gonna keep my fingers crossed and pray that MJ can win just one more Moonman.

I'm just glad that it was NOMINATED. IMO, that's what matters.

When I saw the topic I was thinking whether it was a special award for a posthumous release to do well :D Nice of MTV to nominate LNFSG, it would be great if there is a performance of it too. :)

I guess you can vote for it here :

http://www.mtv.com/ontv/vma/2014/best-choreography/

Only US residents are allowed to vote though.

:victory: Thanks for posting that link! I'm on it. . . :girl_dance: :D

EDIT: I went to vote and the choreography category is NOT a fan voting category, ARRGGGH!

Sorry, folks. . .

Last edited:
Don't know how to feel about this. On one hand I'm happy to see the LNFSG video nominated, but on the other hand the video is not very creative and it really doesn't deserve a nomination because of that. The video is mainly just a montage of old MJ short films with Justin Timberlake and a group of people doing cliche MJ dance moves.

Then again.....Not many videos are creative now a days anyway

The video itself is not nominated, but choreography is, so you can basically says that MJ old dance moves are nominated:clapping:

I wonder who gets the moon man statue if LNFSG wins?
Most of it is Michael old video clips and his choreography, and then there were these other people dancing choreographed by Rich&Tone and maybe JT did some of the choreography.

So Rich& Tone gets the moon man if LNFSG wins. Good for them.

Back