Liza Minneli " Whitney, Michael, Elizabeth, Mama are all gone.. there's just me left"...

MsCassieMollie

Proud Member
Poor Liza. :(

tumblr_lza18alZfh1r6jvsco1_500.jpg

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...z-taylor-whitney-houston-video_n_1340918.html
There is a notable photograph of four very close Hollywood friends from many years ago. In it and smiling back are Elizabeth Taylor, Liza Minnelli, Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston, all of them at the top of their game and among the most powerful people in the entertainment world. But that was then, and now only Liza Minnelli is the only one of the four who's still alive.

On "The Rosie Show" (Weeknights, 7 p.m. ET on OWN), Minnelli described what it's like to be the last surviving member of that close group of friends. Certainly, she couldn't have imagined outliving all of them, and certainly not seeing them all gone so soon.

"It's weird, it's really weird," she said. She then went on to talk about how she felt she was different from the other three, never really getting into what she called "the pomp and the circumstance" of the lavish lifestyle their wealth and fame made possible.

"I'd seen all that when I was little," she said, referring of course to growing up the daughter of Judy Garland. "What impressed me was people who were funny and talented and adored life ... And that's what I wanted to be like."

Liza Minnelli's appearance on "The Rosie Show" coincided with her 66th birthday celebration on March 12. She is currently touring support her album "Confessions."

"The Rosie Show" airs weeknights at 7 p.m. ET on OWN.
http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/auckland/news/nbent/1128372118-Minnelli-not-taken-in-by-lavish-lifestyle
Liza, 66, also talked about her unusual upbringing as the daughter of superstar Judy, who was married five times and had problems with alcohol and financial instability.

Speaking on 'The Rosie Show' - set to air in the US tonight - she added: "Mamma always kept us with her, she gave us a choice me, my brother and sister, she said, 'You should have a normal life, and you can. Or you can come with me and we'll do the best we can.'

We all said, 'We're with you.' "

Liza admitted Judy was never a strict mother but she insists she did well at school.

Asked if Judy had pressured her to do well academically, Liza replied: "No and also I didn't talk about it very much, but I got good grades in certain things, like English and History and Theatre."

Last edited:
Re: Liza Minneli " Whitney, Michael, Elizabeth, Mama are all gone.. there's just me left"...

Rest in peace Elizabeth, Michael, and Whitney. Liza don't be sad enjoy life while you have it. And you shall see them on the other side one day, God bless you

Re: Liza Minneli " Whitney, Michael, Elizabeth, Mama are all gone.. there's just me left"...

Yes, I've thought the same thing when viewing that photo that Liza is the only one left alive. I never would have thought Michael & Whitney would leave when they did :(

That photo and Liza's interview makes me sad about the deaths of Michael, Whitney and Elizabeth all over again.

:weeping::weeping::weeping::weeping::weeping:

Lucky her

Must make her stop and think, all those friends gone. So sad.

Sad. Take care of the peopel you love everyone, things can change so fast.....

After Whitney died and the news were showing this picture of all of them it crossed my mind how she is the only one left now. It's sad.

Back