Lionel Richie recruits R&B, rap stars for album

troubleman84

Proud Member
Lionel Richie recruits R&B, rap stars for album

1 hr 16 mins ago

NEW YORK (Billboard) – Soul icon Lionel Richie has recruited R&B singer Akon and rapper Ne-Yo for his upcoming studio album.

"Just Go" is due out on February 17 via Island. The first single, "Good Morning," has just been sent to urban adult-contemporary radio stations.

Both Akon and Ne-Yo share writing credits with Richie on the follow-up to 2006's "Coming Home," which has sold 444,000 copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Richie will perform Wednesday on ABC's "Dancing With the Stars" and December 31 on Dick Clark's "New Year's Rockin' Eve." A world tour begins March 13 in Dublin.

Reuters/Billboard

i heard the leak of his first single last month, and err i'm not that impressed.

Good Morning

going for the techno synth ish that Timbo/Danja made a standard out of lol

though i did kind of like the collabs with Raph Saadiq and Dallas Austin in has last album. nothing impressive, though.

It could work out depending on what he does. This is just a cover, but he and Lyfe tore it up on "Easy"...

I thought "Coming Home" was a decent effort.

I don't think Lionel didn't write but two or three songs himself on "Coming Home". If it's a collaboration, I would think Lionel would've co-written, lol.

Hmm?

"Dancing on the ceiling
(Kanye West - uh, uh, word!)" :unsure:

Good luck I guess.

come on now lionel you can do fine by yourself. akon= blah...and u write far better tracks tha neyo...i kno the ink in ur pen has not run out. and neyo aint no damn rapper lol

Back