Better albums

Better live Performer

more important impact on music

Better Catalog - Richie
Better Songs - Al Green
Better Albums - Richie
Better Live Performer - Al Green
More Important Impact - Can't say.

I enjoy both, but I find Lionel's voice to be a little bland. I recently saw him performing "Easy" with Lyfe Jennings and Lyfe blew him out of the water. He's not bad or anything, just nothing spectacular.

Al Green on the other hand, is superb. Overall, I'd take Al Green, but I've got mad respect for both. If none of you have ever heard it, go check out "Put It On Paper" with Al Green and Ann Nesby. WOW.

I think The Commodores are better than Lionel's solo stuff. Al has more of a more unique voice & musical style.

I lurrrrve me some Al Green!

But I really love Lionel's stuff too.

Def. gonna go with Superstitions quote on this one.

Their both so amazing. But.....if I wanted some 'baby-making' music on......i'd choose Mr. Green!!!

Lionel has sold more than Al, but some of his music is kinda cheesy like Dancing On The Ceiling, lol. But I still listen to it. :p I don't know much about Al's gospel music, but I'm a big fan of his 70s stuff. There was usually a religious themed song on the secular albums as well. Deniece Williams used to do that also.

I am more of fan of Al. But by Lionel, are we including his time with the commodores? That might sway me!!:D

Better Catalog - Richie
Better Songs - Al Green
Better Albums - Richie
Better Live Performer - Al Green
More Important Impact - Can't say.

I enjoy both, but I find Lionel's voice to be a little bland. I recently saw him performing "Easy" with Lyfe Jennings and Lyfe blew him out of the water. He's not bad or anything, just nothing spectacular.

Al Green on the other hand, is superb. Overall, I'd take Al Green, but I've got mad respect for both. If none of you have ever heard it, go check out "Put It On Paper" with Al Green and Ann Nesby. WOW.

Just listened to it...one of my favourite songs.

I love Lionel Richie, but for me it's Al Green hands down. That is one voice you cannot forget in a hurry.

I think The Commodores are better than Lionel's solo stuff. Al has more of a more unique voice & musical style.

I agree. I respect Lionel but Al Green is way better. Lionels best works was with The Commodores.

I still stand with Al Green, but I've been enjoying the heck out of "You Are" and "Stuck On You" for the last few weeks.

Back