Linkin Park

The One.

Proud Member
I don't know if there is already thread for Linkin Park? If so, I'm sorry.

Anyway, I have totally fallen in love with them right now. I just heard this song Leave out all the rest.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZIummTz9mM

...and OMG it's so beautiful! I'm definitely going to buy Minutes to Midnight -album. ( I know, I'm pretty late.. :smilerolleyes: )

Is there any news is new album coming? Any other fans?

I love Linkin Park. One of my favorite bands, i think that they have really matured as a band over the years. Just listen to the song One Step Closer and then listen to Leave Out All The Rest and you'll see how much they've matured.

i dislike the fact that they are no longer nu metal...they strayed away from the hip/hop metal fusion and that's what made them stand out.

I think they are okay, I am glad they matured, yet somehow all thier songs still seem to lack something to me.

Love Linkin Park. I highly enjoy their music. Not a HUUUUGE FAN, but I do have Meteora and Minutes To Midnight. The album is more mature than the previous ones,though they should have kept some nu-metal songs as well.

Leave out all the rest is such a great song, and the video is cool too.

The reason why Linkin Park didn't go with the Nu Metal style with Minutes To Midnight is because they didn't like the fact that the media just slapped them with that label. They wanted to show people that there's more to them than just Nu Metal all the time so they made Minutes To Midnight to do something different and to try and get people to stop slapping them with the Nu Metal label all the time because they always hated that label

yeah it's good that they changed.

however i feel that this album is underrated :(

there are some great lyrics here, cuz most of the previous albums had rage-ridden lyrics ...

I have seen Leave out all the rest now two times on MTV! I didn't know they play it so often.. but it's cool.
I still haven't bought Minutes to midnight, I should buy it soon I really want it! :yes:

oh yeah you really should it's a good album. has a lot of slow songs, but with deep meanings and very pleasant to hear.

my favs:

-given up (disappointed with the video and promotion)
-shadow of the day
-leave out all the rest
-in pieces
-the little things give you away (perfect lullaby)
-valentine's day (spooky lyrics,so sad)

^^ Ooh I've heard Shadow of the day I love it too :yes:
And Given up is pretty good too.. Gosh I have to buy it soon.

Yay, I have the album!
I love the booklet, there are lyrics and the little details of every song are nice :yes:

My favourites so far are Leave out all the rest ( I just can't stop loving it :wub: ) Hands held high, No more sorrow and In pieces.
Though I like all the songs very much :yes:

I didn't expect there to be so many slow songs but I like it :yes:

Worth of buying definitely.

yay glad you like it!

i like hands held high the least though, it's more Fort Minor than LP.

^ So you don't like Fort Minor, then?

I like the lyrics in Hands held high and the amen -part is beautiful.
Only one thing irritates me when I listen to it from my headphones; in the chorus Mike's s's splutter very loudly :lol:

Now that I've listened Little things give you away several times it's becoming one of my favourites on the album! At first I didn't really like it.. And I thought the name was Little things you give away :D

edit: Wait, is it Mike or Chester who sings the chorus in HHH? :huh:

Last edited:
I just hear LOATR on radio today, the first time.
I wonder why they suddenly started playing it now, a year after the album was released? :scratch:

I loved them from the start and have all their albums! :D They are an amazing band and I love Mike Shinoda the most! He has a beautiful accent and is an amazing MC.

Bumping this thread....

The last couple of weeks I've been "rediscovering" Linkin Park - I've not been listening to them for a couple years.
I really love Hybrid Theory, Reanimation and Meteora.

What I love apart from their fantastic productions (especially on Reanimation) is that I find myself in the music - I mean, I feel that many of the lyrics could've been a reflection of myself.

A couple of my favourites...

"My December"

[youtube]cI59cpkFxPo[/youtube]

"Plc. 4 Mie Haed"

[youtube]JC6VZWSVP3Y[/youtube]

"P5hng Mw A*wy"

[youtube]eUCndsmwrPg[/youtube]

"Leave Out All The Rest"

[youtube]LBTXNPZPfbE[/youtube]

yes they are really good at lyrics. I also like that they mix strong guitars with gentle melodies. Thats also why their logo is a soldier with dragonfly wings. It is a good combo imo.

Hadn't seen this thread before :) I love Linkin Park! Hybrid Theory is one of my favorite albums of all time, there are no fillers on it. And Meteora is also a fantastic one.. I'm not too crazy about the newer stuff though, I prefer the old LP.

I feel that many of the lyrics could've been a reflection of myself.

This. Today I was walking down the street, listening to Linkin Park on my iPod and thinking how well the lyrics express my every emotion. That's the reason I started listening to LP in the first place. Those lyrics and melodies combined with Chester's unbelieveable vocals = :bow:

Love Hybrid Theory - gotta agree Laura... fabulous album with no fillers

Paper Cut and Forgotten are 2 of my favourite songs of all time...

You gotta love Chester... :D

Ohh I love Linkin Park! They were my favorite band in High School. :D I think they've definitely matured over the years...but I love listening to their old stuff when I'm upset or angry...really helps me release that energy! Or sometimes I'll play them when I just wanna reminiscence or ROCK hardcore. Haha :punk: So many of their songs have fit myself so perfectly over the years. In a way I feel like I've matured with them.

Ohh I love Linkin Park! They were my favorite band in High School. :D I think they've definitely matured over the years...but I love listening to their old stuff when I'm upset or angry...really helps me release that energy! Or sometimes I'll play them when I just wanna reminiscence or ROCK hardcore. Haha :punk: So many of their songs have fit myself so perfectly over the years. In a way I feel like I've matured with them.
Haha I always listen to their angry songs when I'm mad! It's a great way to let the aggression out. :D

Okay A Thousand Suns has leaked and is out in a few days anyway - I'm definitely gonna go pick it up release week :D Better than M2M, Behind Hybrid Theory. Maybe better than Meteora - not sure.

Anyway best tracks are When They Come For Me, Wretches and Kings & The Catalyst. 4* songs are Waiting for the End and Blackout.
The interludes are all pretty good, especially the beginning bits. The first full track - Burning in the Skies didn't do much for me though. Neither did Robot Boy. The acoustic track at the end is alright - 3.5*
Not sure about Iridescent, might grow on me.

Back