Letting Go, and Letting God...

LindaC781

Proud Member
Yesterday was a very bad day for me. I went to my counselor, and she and I dredged up some very bad old memories. I opened up to her about the emotional abuse I went through as a little girl. Yeah, this was a long time ago...but it still hurts sometimes. The anger and grief I feel sometimes is so overwhelming, I get up in the middle of the night and cry about it...and yeah, it's been years. But it's unresolved grief. Grief over a happy childhood I was robbed of. Grief over being physically and emotionally abused. Grief that I kept inside for so long, it manifested itself into deep depression.

I am going to church more often. I feel like I need it. I need to "let go and let God". Yeah, I need to let God take care of my suffering. I need to leave it in His hands. He alone will heal my broken heart. Nothing else.

”Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.” Ps 55:22 and “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” 1 Peter 5:7

Here is a video about it:

Linda...if there's anytyhing i can do to you besides praying,please let me know.
You are not alone,and you don't have to deal with this alone.
Love you.
God bless

Yesterday was a very bad day for me. I went to my counselor, and she and I dredged up some very bad old memories. I opened up to her about the emotional abuse I went through as a little girl. Yeah, this was a long time ago...but it still hurts sometimes. The anger and grief I feel sometimes is so overwhelming, I get up in the middle of the night and cry about it...and yeah, it's been years. But it's unresolved grief. Grief over a happy childhood I was robbed of. Grief over being physically and emotionally abused. Grief that I kept inside for so long, it manifested itself into deep depression.

I am going to church more often. I feel like I need it. I need to "let go and let God". Yeah, I need to let God take care of my suffering. I need to leave it in His hands. He alone will heal my broken heart. Nothing else.

”Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.” Ps 55:22 and “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” 1 Peter 5:7

Here is a video about it:

:angel:Sending all Our thoughts and Prayers~~~

I'm sorry that you have to go through this, Linda. But I'm really glad that you rely on God :) I think you could have helped someone else with this thread also.

The song is beautiful. I don't often like a song on first listen. Thanks for posting this & I'll say a prayer for you :)

Thank you everyone...I hated to unload like that, but it was heavy on my mind. I wonder just how Michael dealt with past abuse the way he has...?? God, that man is so strong it's astounding. I think that is yet another reason why I am a fan. I just couldn't imagine going through what he went through when he was young...but reading his life story, it kinda reminds me of my own...

Last edited:
I need to leave it in His hands. He alone will heal my broken heart. Nothing else.
There is much that you and people can do around you to help you with memories that evidently tourment you. I have no knowledge of your issues but why not try and resolve your problems in other ways that do not involve you leaving them in the hands of a unexplained force.

I feel for you, don't get me wrong. This post is just to see if you would look at your problems from a different angle.

Back