Let's guess all considered songs for xscape

Hot Fun In The Summertime
Can't Get Your Weight Off Of Me
If You Don't Love Me
I Was The Loser
Lovely Way
Stop Throwing Your Life Away (Not sure if right title).
Chicago 1945 (Was going to be on it, but writer/producer didn't want it remixed).

*Maybe*
Men In Black?

I've thought about a few leaked songs.

Let's start with "If You Don't Love Me" and "Serious Effect". I don't think they are good to contemporise because of their special sound and i'm sure they want to save them for a possible Dangerous 25 release :p

Another is "I Am A Loser" or "I Was A Loser". That's maybe one of the 8 ;)

What do you think about that?
And any idea which songs were produced for the michael album and didn't make the final cut?

I can't imagine someone contemporizing I Was The Loser, the song is too special/emotional. It's almost like contemporizing Speechless.

Whatever songs were considered I do have songs in mind that would so well re worked or simply released in someway.. 'Work that body', 'can't get your weight Off of me',, the loser', and 'we've has enough' (re worked with piano added and make the sound of the guitar lick crisp , getting rid of that muffled feel from it)

price of fame should be contemporized. it's lyrically a finished song but the production is far from releaseable. why did they waste it on bad 25 :/
we've had enough - shouldn't be touched. it's finished in every way, it's just sad nobody cared about that song.

Nah. We need to bring in Timberland to make it more trendy!

It is finished song. Maybe a remix for Invincible re-release. Although Rodney Jerkins would be my choice instead of Timbo for that song. Contemporized version for a new album - NO.

We've Had Enough is my personally favourite song from MJ, and it has an strong message and a great melody. It shouldn't be touched by the filthy hands of the disrespectful Timbaland. But Rodney Jerkins can contemporizeit, if he would do it.

filthy hands of the disrespectful Timbaland.

That is a bit harsh. He was very respectful towards Michael the whole time. Don't know where did you come up with that. It's very rude to insult someone without any valid reason except for your own personal opinion.

That is a bit harsh. He was very respectful towards Michael the whole time. Don't know where did you come up with that. It's very rude to insult someone without any valid reason except for your own personal opinion.
"This one ain't as bad as the rest of 'em"

(his comment on Blue Gangsta)

EDIT: Okay, after re-reading my post, i do think i was a little harsh. But i meant that he shouldn't contemporize the song because he could maybe turn the song into an desaster.

"This one ain't as bad as the rest of 'em"

(his comment on Blue Gangsta)

EDIT: Okay, after re-reading my post, i do think i was a little harsh. But i meant that he shouldn't contemporize the song because he could maybe turn the song into an desaster.

Taken out of context. He was surprised by the quality of Blue Gangsta, original version which he heard once 8 months before that. He actually praised the song - not the song as song, but production on 15 years old unfinished track! As he accepted to work on the project, he obviously liked all songs that LA Reid selected, he could easily pass or request different song to work on. But he liked all of them, all 6. In my opinion he wasn't disrespectful at all. He has huge ego and he was a bit "cocky", but he meant nothing bad. He was proud of his work and he was proud of opportunity he got to produce the greatest artist ever.

When he heard Xscape, original version - he asked Rodney: Is this new or old and which year was that! - He liked that one too, he thought it was the new version! He was surprised by the quality of it. Again not the quality of the song, but production and state of completion.

Songs on which he worked on - Love Never Felt So Good - early demo; Chicago - far far away from finished; Loving You - again far from finished, '80 sound, tape damaged at the beginning; Slave To The Rhythm - far far away from finished; DYKWYCA - that one was nearly finished, but again not for release, had that classic '80 sound. That's what he meant (in my opinion) - not the song's quality, but state of completion, production and modern feel. When he heard BG and Xscape original he was surprised how fresh and modern they still sound today!

The point is that he is not a bad guy, he was, and still is, very respectful towards Michael, he is very talented producer but I agree with you that he shouldn't touch WHE - because that song was finished and released by Michael and Michael never returned to that song like he did with Cheater, Scared Of The Moon or The Way You Love Me. If one day they decide to re-release Invincible, Rodney Jerkins could give it a modern feel - as a remix for re-release. But definitely not as a new song for new album of previously unreleased material.

Back