Lets forget about the charts and the boycott. Updated to make people smile

Gottobethere

Proud Member
Okay so this thread is for fans from both sides who just want to celebrate the album. That means no chart talk or boycott talk. These last few days i have spent all my time checking the charts to see how Michael is doing and thinking how upset i will be if he doesn't make number one. Then today i was thinking who was number one last week, last month or even last christmas and you know what i don't know. I don't know because it's not important, music sells well now not because of quality but because of promotion. I can remember what albums i thought were great last week, month and year but what i don't remember is what the music industry wanted me to think was great. We have been spending a lot of time on here saying what sony should have done and we are right. 1. they have released HMH to late, it should have been out a month before the album and the video should have been out two weeks before the single. 2. The album should have been release at the start of december giving it time to gain momentum. 3. Promo should be much bigger and Akon, 50 cent and lenny should have been used. Regardless of all this we the fans have a brilliant album. I was honestly really surprised when i first put it on. I had waited and not listened to any of the leaks because i wanted to listen to it the whole way through. I really couldn't believe how good it was. I didn't like HMH at first but even that has now grown on me. The only song i am not a huge fan of is BN but on nearly every album i have there is one song i skip by.

I guess all i'm trying to say is that we have another great Michael and so far a pretty decent video that i think he would be happy so we should be celebrating regardless of what charts say.

My best song is BTM by the way, it's just super and must be released.

Now to make people smile,,,,this is going to be the Irish Christmas no 1, musically it's awful but it is very funny. Enjoy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljPFZrRD3J8

Last edited:
Re: Lets forget about the charts and the boycott.

^ Best post in the whole sub-forum.

I agree with every word.

I'm totally surprised about how much I enjoy the album. Behind the Mask & Another Day in particular are superb, and I agree Hold My Hand is much better than I thought it would be.

Hollywood Tonight is great and Much Too Soon is so, so pretty.

For me, it's the best album I've bought this year and I totally wasn't expecting to find that.

I like Hollywood Tonight and Best of Joy best. Followed by Best of Joy :)

I love the fact that Best of Joy was recorded in late 2008 as well. The most recent recording we have heard of him.

I like Hollywood Tonight and Best of Joy best. Followed by Best of Joy :)

I love the fact that Best of Joy was recorded in late 2008 as well. The most recent recording we have heard of him.

I really want to like Best Of Joy, for that reason, but I just can't get into it. It's too saccharine for me. His voice is beautiful in it though.

I can't help but dance like a total maniac to HT and BTM..those songs are just so amazing...I LOVE THEM! ....I have such a soft spot for Best of Joy...that song is gorgeous, and his voice...just WOW....Another Day is pretty damn cool too..I love the leaked version, but I do really like the version on the album too...It's still great...I really love my fave 7 songs on it :)

I agree that I was worried about how much I would enjoy this album. I was pleasantly surprised!

I think it is great to talk about what tracks we do like!

Great thread!

I just want to emphasize that this is not a thread for debate. It is for a celebration. If you come in here looking for a debate, don't expect to find your posts later.

Just saying.

I enjoy this album, to be honest. I do think it's better than most stuff out there.

Behind the Mask is great. I defnitely feel Michael's energy in that song. Best of Joy is a lovely song. Much Too Soo is probably the most beautiful album closer ever.

This album is easily one of the greatest to come in quite some time..

I can't believe no one reps for I Like The Way You Love Me. I am over the moon about this song and its become one of my all time favorite MJ songs as has this album. I play the album non stop and I also love the controversial Breaking News. I was never worried about the chart position but this album exceeds expectations and again its in my top three MJ albums. Thanks for such a positivethread.

Most of my fave artist never get to number one, so I personally could not care less if the album gets to number one, only important thing for me is that I enjoy it :punk: and no doubt about me doing that :yes:

I can't help but dance like a total maniac to HT and BTM..those songs are just so amazing...I LOVE THEM! ....I have such a soft spot for Best of Joy...that song is gorgeous, and his voice...just WOW....Another Day is pretty damn cool too..I love the leaked version, but I do really like the version on the album too...It's still great...I really love my fave 7 songs on it :)

:) Here's another "total maniac" dancing to HT and BTM!!
BTM almost gets me in a TRANCE lol!!!!

I also love to dance to Monster, (it makes me totally forget the unwanted "riddled" effect in some parts of the song), really it is a GREAT SONG TO DANCE TO!!!!!

(I can't make it) Another Day : I liked the "first" version better but it is still more than just good for me! Danced to it, first I was undecided how lol :) but after a couple of minutes I found my way and it is a great experience!

That's it for dancing fun... The joy of listening ;-), like you Arklove, I LOVE Best Of Joy, it gives me happy feelings (and bittersweet... but still HAPPY), it is sooo special...

Every ballad on the album is beautiful to me, the more I listen to them the more I love them.

There's so much to say on this album...
I admit there are less happy feelings in my heart too, that is the way it is... but the strongest are happiness and gratefulness, so glad with this album!

Peace

Last edited:

I really want to like Best Of Joy, for that reason, but I just can't get into it. It's too saccharine for me. His voice is beautiful in it though.

I'm a sucker for saccharine! Best of Joy is my fave.

Every day I have a new favorite song! My today's favorite is Monster, I can't stop listening and dancing! What an amazing track and what an amazing album!

Oh and my constant favorite song (besides the one that changes every day) is Best of Joy. I just adore it "We'll never part, our love is from the heart, we never say I don't need you" - how beautiful these words are? Michael is such an amazing lyricist, he can say such beautiful and profound things with such simple words... I love him and I love this album.

When I first heard Much Toon Soon (the album version), I fell in love...Everything about it is very beautiful. It's like he's right there with you...I would listen to it over and over again, just on repeat...That's Michael for you! I can listen over and over again and not get bored...:heart:

I was super excited when I heard that! Its also my fav song on the album.

Love Hollywood Tonight and the screaming in Another Day. Gah, MJ and Lenny together just makes me melt!

I can't believe no one reps for I Like The Way You Love Me. I am over the moon about this song and its become one of my all time favorite MJ songs as has this album. I play the album non stop and I also love the controversial Breaking News. I was never worried about the chart position but this album exceeds expectations and again its in my top three MJ albums. Thanks for such a positivethread.

That is what i'm getting at, which would be better a number one album that wasn't really as good as we hoped for or an album that doesn't top the charts but is brilliant, i am quite happy to settle for the later. Much too soon is my favourite when it comes to vocals, i know he sounds great in Best of Joy but i just didn't take to it like MTS. I still can't get over hpw good BTM is, i can't wait to be in a club and this song come on.

Great post!!!:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Now this is gonna be a long post so if you're not gonna finish it, dont start it... ;) lol

I cant remember when I was sooo excited about an album other than HIStory and Invincible ( I wasnt born for Thriller and I was only 1 years old for BAD and 4/5 years old for Dangerous!). I didnt get a chance to really listen to BOTDF album cuz my country didnt have it then. HIStory, I was only, what, 7 years old and didnt appreciate it much but I liked all the songs. Then when I was 12 years old INVINCIBLE came out, and Man, That was IT for me. I Learned all they lyrics in one night and played it over and over again for months in my (YES I KNOW) CD Player!(And Proud of it) CD Player came before all the Ipod hoopla... for all the young'ens on here... :lol:

And Then *Michael* came, I Was sooo excited, I'm still excited about it! But I wish that it could have been like the 80s or 90s where there were NO Leaks or Illigal downloading, and just waiting for the album to come out! But we dont live in that day and age!

My Fevorites in this album are

1)Best of Joy- (WHen he says "I Am your joy, your best of joy), I was like Hake yeah you are my joy Mike :blush:
:cheeky:... But I just melted! IT is a beautiful and raw unpolished Michael. If ppl. didnt know how good Michael's voice really is, They will NOW!

2)Monster- That "HAA" part! Mannn, thats a killer. And the 50cent part! Its HOT!

3)Behind the Mask- I love how the fans were added in that song you know where he goes (How you doin', hee hee, hee hee, woohooo, hee hee, AOWWW) and the fans reply to all of it... Man I LOVE IT!

4)I like the way you love me- I LOVED it the first time I heard it in 2004 and I LOVE IT More now cuz of the first part where he improvises!

5) Keep your head up- I Love the Choir! Its like Keep the faith!

6)Breaking News- Yep I said it, I dont know why but Michael saying his name over and over is kinda cool...I like it, it shows the anger there. We've seen it before in other songs like TDCABU and Scream...but this is somewhat different!

7)Another day- I love the fact that it could be like a gosple song. I can imagine it playing in christian radio stations...Its powerful...

8)Hollywood Tonight- I Love the beat man! IT's sick, it makes you wanna get up and dance, like Ellen... :lol: It is also a true story of so many girls in the world!

9)Much too soon- this should've been 1st right? I LOVE IT I mean I love his voice, and It's short but to the point. I love how he can do country songs too! He makes it sound sooo BEAUTIFUL!

10)Hold My hand- There's no reason its # 10, its just that I've heard it soo many times and I Do Love it and the message, its like an anthem! Its powerful I Especially LOVE the Music Video!

I Just dont have anything BAD to say about this album!!! ;)

SOrry for this LONG post...But its from the heart...:D

L.o.v.e.
Romi

Last edited:

^that wasn't too long at all, i enjoyed reading it. I have been playing it so much that i'm afraid i might be bored of the songs by the time they are released as singles, i don't want to ruin it on myself so i try and put in another cd now and again but really i just want to keep playing it to anyone who'll listen so that they know who is still the king.

^that wasn't too long at all, i enjoyed reading it. I have been playing it so much that i'm afraid i might be bored of the songs by the time they are released as singles, i don't want to ruin it on myself so i try and put in another cd now and again but really i just want to keep playing it to anyone who'll listen so that they know who is still the king.

Thankyou GTBT, I know what u mean getting board of it...but the time is not here for me...cuz i listen to other Michael songs before I listen to *Michael* again and again and again... :D

L.o.v.e.
Romi

I keep playing Hollywood Tonight, Monster, Another Day, and Behind The Mask. Behind the Mask is one of the greatest songs I have ever heard by any artist, and I listen to a lot of different kinds of music. I've heard all of the previous versions and though I appreciate the original for it's music, and the music itself might be better in the original, the overall package of Michael's version sounds so empowering to me. His lyrics and vocal are fantastic and the music in his version still works just fine. The repeated second verse is a bit strange to me but it doesn't bother me that much. I honestly think this song is better than most of his classic songs and his underrated songs on other albums. This is definitely in my top 5 mj songs. I also love Monster, but mainly for this line by 50 Cent: "All hell, Run tell, the king has risen"... my favorite line I have ever heard by 50 Cent haha.

BTM is so f'ing sexy that I can't stop listening to it. My vocabulary is too poor to express my feeling correctly. You know, it's not just sexy, it's f'ing sexy if you know what I mean. There might be nothing about sex at all in the lyrics but it's F'ING SEXY. I feel like scratching my hair and screaming like crazy, as if I'm the over-excited girl I see on the Bucharest DVD.

Thank you Gottobethere for this wonderful, uplifting thread. I sure needed this. I've always been preoccupied with chart positions, I guess maybe because Michael always was idk. So I'd been depressed lately, but when I finished reading your post, I felt so good inside.
It is the quality of the music that really matters. And this is QUALITY all the way. Just brilliant!

I've had this cd on repeat all day, and I thoroughly enjoy it, just love it! I let my mom hear it (she's an older lady) but what surprised me was that she loved MONSTER! LOL. I asked what she thought and she said she loved the album, but she said she liked that very danceable track we danced to! (I had her dancing to Monster) It was a lovely moment. She just keeps telling me how much she admires him - how he worked so hard to create these songs. she really love and cares for Michael. sigh

I love all the songs really. BEST OF JOY is just a gem. His voice is angelic and ethereal- just just magical.
I am loooving MONSTER and HT, and BN, great uptempo tracks, has me dancing like crazy. BTM is great! I love the beat, his vocals - even though it is from the 80's it just fits quite well. KYHU- oh wow just so inspirational- like Keep the Faith, the way you love me, even better than the 04 version- Much too soon, just pure and simple and brings a tear to my eye. HMH- I love it. AD just a great powerful rock song- his vocals that go from soft to rocking are epic!

Woo hoo! Just brilliant album! I hope they have a couple of more singles out. Keeping my fingers crossed. :D

BTM is so f'ing sexy that I can't stop listening to it. My vocabulary is too poor to express my feeling correctly. You know, it's not just sexy, it's f'ing sexy if you know what I mean. There might be nothing about sex at all in the lyrics but it's F'ING SEXY. I feel like scratching my hair and screaming like crazy, as if I'm the over-excited girl I see on the Bucharest DVD.

YES!!! THANK YOU!!! I think the song is SEXY as hell as well.....Totally agree !! lol

YES!!! THANK YOU!!! I think the song is SEXY as hell as well.....Totally agree !! lol

Oh yeeeees! That's the word! Thank you! Expanding my vocabulary...

Back