Lawyer to stars Peter Lopez found dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butterfly

Proud Member
A prominent Los Angeles entertainment lawyer who represented Michael Jackson, Vancouver singer Michael Bublé and the Eagles died on Friday, apparently having taken his own life.

Peter Lopez, 60, was found dead in the garden of the Los Angeles home he shared with his wife, actress Catherine Bach, and their two young daughters.

Craig Harvey, operations chief with L.A. County Coroner's Office, said Lopez died of a gunshot wound to the head that appeared self-inflicted.

Lopez had been married to 56-year-old Bach, a star of the 1980s television series The Dukes of Hazzard, since 1990.

A founding partner of the law firm Kleinberg Lopez Lange Cuddy & Klein, he worked with singers, record producers and songwriters.

"We are deeply shocked and saddened by the unexpected loss of our friend and partner, Peter Lopez," the firm said in a statement.

Lopez was a co-producer of the 1997 Jennifer Lopez film Selena.

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger appointed him to the California State Athletic Commission in 2007, and more recently named him director of the California Exposition and State Fair Board.

"I've known Peter for 20 years. I can't think of a nicer person," said Raymone Bain, Michael Jackson's former general manager.

http://www.cbc.ca/arts/music/story/2010/05/01/peter-lopez-lawyer-obit-bach.html

From Twitter:

randyjackson8

Saddened by the unexpected loss of my friend & lawyer Peter Lopez, who has represented my family ovr 20 yrs. Condolences 2 his wife & family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back