Lauren Bacall passes away - 1924-2014

SoCav

Proud Member
LAUREN Bacall is reportedly dead aged 89.

TMZ reports a family member told them Bacall had “a massive stroke” at her home on Tuesday morning.
Bacall was an American stage and film actress and model, known for her husky voice and sultry looks.
Betty Joan Perske in the Bronx, New York in 1924, she married Humphrey Bogart in 1945 and the pair remained together until his death from esophageal cancer in 1957.

691605-e89c96e8-227a-11e4-b035-3276a1bc3645.jpg

Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall in 1946 film 'The Big Sleep'. Source: News Corp Australia

At their time of marriage, Bacall was 20 and he was 45. They had two children, Stephen Humphrey Bogart and Leslie Bogart.
After a brief romance with Frank Sinatra following Bogart’s death, Bacall married Jason Robards Jr in 1961 and divorced him in 1969 mainly because of his alcoholism. They had one son, Sam Robards.
Bacall is the only Oscar winner to be married to two other winners (Bogart and Robards).
More to come.

691227-fee74f06-227a-11e4-b035-3276a1bc3645.jpg

Lauren Bacall was one of the great actresses. Source: News Corp Australia

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saddened by the news. Lauren Bacall was one of my all-time favourite actresses. A wonderful actress with a strong on-screen personality. May she rest in peace.

Oh, this really makes me sad. She and Humphrey Bogart named their daughter after the one of the first actors I ever had a "crush" on when I was little-Leslie Howard-who gave Bogart his big break. Because of that, I always had a soft spot for her too.
Got to see her in "Applause" when she was in the national touring company-LOVED her voice.

RIP.
Laureen Bacall had the look

Laureen Bacall and Humprey Bogart, once uppon a time maybe the most famous couple in Hollywood

I think it was their first movie together.
You can always guess where their son got the name from..

Last edited:
Back