"Last hours" documentary song identification

mjforum926

Proud Member
Hello fellow MJ fans,

I came across a documentary on youtube that talks about the last hours of Michaels life, and in the first few minutes they play part of a song that I do not recognize, but I'm guessing is a Jackson 5 song.

I would really like to know what song that is and I'm guessing this is the best place to get in contact with the experts on the subject.

It is quite hard to figure out what song it is without previous knowledge because for one thing there are no lyrics present to google for, further more the narrator talks over the clip which makes apps like shazam not very helpful in identification either. I have read through the credits as well, and there is no list of used songs sadly.

This is a link that takes you to the specific part which lasts for about 20 seconds:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSv59LygDGM&t=2m59s

I tried very hard to find the correct place to post this question. I am still not sure this is the right place, but I am sure some friendly moderator will fix that if it needs fixing :)

I could be wrong, but it doesn't even sound like j5. Like, it sounds like they got some people to make Jackson5-esque music for this documentary so they didn't have to get the rights to use any songs.

Were there actually any of Jackson 5/MJ music in this special? If no, then it's probably not an actual song.

It isnt the J5 nor a J5 song at all. It's just background vocals made to sound similar - Most likely no one would give them permission in that sleezy documentary to use MJ or J5 songs. The Estate came out against it calling it sleezy and disgusting among other words,

Thank you both for the information!

AtlasAir: I did skim through the video a second time to look for any actual songs based on your reply, and except for footage from concerts and rehearsals I don't think there are any. So your theory does sound plausible.

qbee: Thanks for the clarification, I apologise if I offended anyone by linking to the video.

Back