"Lady In My Life"Appreciation

Cinnamon234

Proud Member
This has got to be one of the smoothest, sexiest and most romantic songs Michael has ever recorded. Everything about this song to me is perfect. I'm so glad that it isn't overplayed to death like most of the songs on "Thriller". LIML is such an amazing song though. Rod Temperton is a great songwriter and of course as always Michael knocked it out the park with his amazing vocals. I would be so happy if the new album had a soulful r&b jam like LIML :wub:.

I'm currently listening to the song and all of a sudden I see this thread!

I just have to say, his vocals are out of this world. Michael's voice shines on all his records, but this track is beautiful. I agree, def. one of his best. :wub:

One of the best songs on the THRILLER album, IMO.
The way he sang this classic sends shivers down my spine.
Very soulful yet sensual.

I would love to hear him perform it live.

Last edited:
This has got to be one of the smoothest, sexiest and most romantic songs Michael has ever recorded. Everything about this song to me is perfect. I'm so glad that it isn't overplayed to death like most of the songs on "Thriller". LIML is such an amazing song though. Rod Temperton is a great songwriter and of course as always Michael knocked it out the park with his amazing vocals. I would be so happy if the new album had a soulful r&b jam like LIML :wub:.
I agree with you Cinnamon234. The song is beautiful; the melody, the lyrics, and the arrangement are beautiful, and the vocals are incredibly hot! There are many songs about sex, but so often they come off as cheap because they're too overtly sexual. Turns me right off. Not here though; I think because the lyrics are so loving and sweet, the overtly sexual character of MJ's singing becomes perfectly acceptable. Or something like that. Works for me, anyway. :D

I've been delving into some of Temperton's other songs; some of the stuff with Heatwave is top-notch as well. Funky, fun, and just well-done. Hey, that rhymes! :)

So listen to my heart
Lay your body next to mine
Let me fill you with my dreams.........

this song is amazing ......... :wub:

OOOOOHHH MYYYYYY GOOOOSH!
I agree 100% and I am totally in love wih this song.
I dont think that love songs can get any better than this!!!!
It is pure perfection, and I feel like I wanna fall in love whenever i listen to it-lol:wub:

:clapping: Agreed...
His voice is sooooo smooth and silky in that record, it's simply a masterpiece vocally speaking. The lyrics are incredibly sexy...

So listen to my heart
Lay your body next to mine
Let me fill you with my dreams.........

this song is amazing ......... :wub:

:stretcher:

Back