Lady Gaga Talks the Fashion of Michael Jackson

Gaz

Owner And Founder
Staff member
Country
United-Kingdom
lady-gaga-michael-jackson-ellen-600x450.jpg

"I heard that they were auctioning off his tour clothes and these are my most prized possessions. ... The ones that are my favorite are the ones that I wear every night when I'm on stage with the fans and I imagine that he felt the same way ... so I really wanted to preserve that for him because it made me feel kind of crazy, the thought of a bunch of rich people each buying one piece. Then they get scattered to the winds and where do his tour clothes go? And I thought if I buy them all I can put them somewhere nice."

When asked if she would dare wear anything, like the "Thriller" jacket:

"No, I would never do it. There's a couple pieces that spoke to me that they were OK with it ... talking to clothes like ghosts, but none of the pieces that his fans would recognize. I would never wear any of them. There was one sweater, that's like a letterman sweater that says MJ on it and there is a jacket that says 'Stop the Filthy Tabloid Press' on the back and I don't go out in them, but when I'm in the studio or if I'm feeling down I'll wear them because I think he would have been OK with that. But I don't know. But I am taking care of his clothes ... and for any Michael Jackson fan that's watching ... it's very pristine ... and it's perfect."

[youtube]Kyb84VmrKv8[/youtube]​

I'm pleased Gaga feels so passionately about these items, I hope she keeps her word and preserves them.

so good to see a high profile celebrity giving glowing praise to MJ and his clothing when all the Murray crap is being reported all over the press

Back