Lady Gaga First Artist to Reach 1 BILLION YouTube Views

Moonwalker.Fan

Proud Member
Justin Bieber put up a valiant fight, but Lady Gaga has officially taken the crown as the first artist to reach one billion views on YouTube. Gaga celebrated the landmark on Sunday by tweeting out her thanks to her little monsters for helping her reach the improbable milestone.

"We reached 1 Billion views on youtube little monsters!" she wrote. "If we stick together we can do anything. I dub u kings and queens of youtube! Unite!"

Though Gaga notched the record first, Bieber is close behind with more than 962 million views, and he's expected to join her in that rarified air by November 1.

Gaga averaged almost 1.8 million views per day in September, while Bieber averaged around 3.7 million views per day in September. Both easily outpace the next closest artist, late pop icon Michael Jackson, who has around 600 million views on YouTube. Though Gaga hit the billion plateau first, Bieber has actually been lapping her in YouTube views for most of this year. From July 1 to September 28, TubeMogul reported that the teen pop star averaged 3.98 million daily views to Lady G's 2.04 million. He's been at that torrid pace since February 28, averaging 3.83 million daily views while Gaga has averaged 2.53 million.

It helps that both artists have a number of YouTube's all-time most-viewed music clips, with Gaga's "Bad Romance" piling up 297 million views, "Just Dance" further back at 124 million views, "Alejandro" with 94 million and "Telephone" with 88 million. As for Bieber, his smash "Baby" is the most-watched video ever on YouTube with 366 million views, while his "Never Let You Go" has 96 million and "Never Say Never" 97 million.

Gaga actually passed the one billion mark in total online views (both on and outside of YouTube) in March, thanks to landing three clips in the 100 million-plus club.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1650720/20101025/lady_gaga.jhtml

Lol, why are there so many youtube threads?

Moonwalker fan: Why should we click on official videos? I have better things to do and I prefer watching MJ's videos on DVD, not youtube.

Because YouTube is the power of young people to express their possibilities if they want to change something....
Its also an indicator of power of media world, if you like it or not....

Just try to get 1 billion clicks.....

This is typical Michael Jackson fan alibi:
Why should we click on official videos? I have better things to do and I prefer watching MJ's videos on DVD, not youtube.

many of you seem not to get the point and dont realize the internet possibilities.
as I said many times... MJ boards are just places how to escape from reality and for enjoying .... the wonderland of Michael Jackson...., but most of you/us are not able to do anything for Michael, fight for Michael, just to be here and pretend your support.... of ... I dont know what... - typing?

As for the YT threads.... its a discussion section so.... we could discuss this matter... not the previous...

As for the YT threads.... its a discussion section so.... we could discuss this matter... not the previous...
But it's a music discussion section. Youtube and video views has nothing to do with music or performers. What difference does it make who has the most views? I've never heard Gaga's nor Justin's music and don't want to. That's one of the reasons that entertainment is crummy today. The only concern is numbers and not quality which is basically a McDonald's/Coca Cola/Wal-Mart mentality. Selling the most junk that's not good for you.

Imagine if YouTube was available when HIStory was released!?!?!?!?!?!?........

.......Their servers would explode if they were around in the Thriller, Bad or Dangerous eras!!!!!!!

Anyway.........

1.) It's just a craze..........wait for the next sensation to make all the kids and teens go crazy........again..........and break all the current records!!!!!

2.) The majority of YouTube views are kids and teens...........adults have to go and earn a living and then come home and do some more work!!!!!

3.) On this site.........we have already discussed how Michael got passed 1 billion ages ago!!!!!

I wish all these Lady Gaga related threads could just be stuffed into one big thread....

who listens to their conformist bullshyt music anyways??! at the end of the day like duran duran said they are simple marketing products and nothing more!! they are both talentless and unoriginal, i don't understand how generations of people can be brainwashed by this "manufactured music" that has clearly no real messages.... i'll never be indulged into this marketed, garbage music!!!

I think if you add up all Michael's videos it'll be more than Gaga's, there has to be at least 50 thriller video uploads alone.

Gaga, Just wait untill MJ's OMC video get's released!!!

I don't mind who takes the title of whatever on youtube.
We all know who the best of them all is, and that's why I don't feel the need to defend or get threatened by other artist's achievements. They can live their dreams and enjoy it while they can, doesn't bother me :D

I think if you add up all Michael's videos it'll be more than Gaga's, there has to be at least 50 thriller video uploads alone.

I think it is already added up, otherwise I don't see where they got than 1 billion figure from. It's not really fair competition though, because a lot of Michael's videos cannot be watched in some countries (e.g. I can't watch any of the MJ videos from the Vevo channel. I didn't even know this existed but apparently Thriller has like 90 million views on this channel) and a couple of months after MJ died most of the videos on his official channel were taken off and re-uploaded for some reason, losing all the views. Plus, the "Little Monsters" and "Beliebers" have this whole YouTube rivalry going on for who gets the most views so they're clicking their videos with the sole purpose of accumulating views. I don't think MJ fans care that much. Personally, I'm not too worried about the number of views (and let's be honest, 600 million is still an incredible number!). There are more important honours to receive as an artist, and Michael has received all of them. Besides, just because a video gets clicked on a lot doesn't mean that people like it. Look at Justin Biebers video "Baby", the most watched video on YouTube with 367+ million views. However, if you look at the like/dislike ratio you'll see that the number of dislikes (580.000) far outnumber the likes (366.000), and about 90% of the comments is bashing Justin. I wouldn't want that on Michael's videos. I'd rather have a little less views if that means a little less haters.

I think it is already added up, otherwise I don't see where they got than 1 billion figure from. It's not really fair competition though, because a lot of Michael's videos cannot be watched in some countries (e.g. I can't watch any of the MJ videos from the Vevo channel. I didn't even know this existed but apparently Thriller has like 90 million views on this channel) and a couple of months after MJ died most of the videos on his official channel were taken off and re-uploaded for some reason, losing all the views. Plus, the "Little Monsters" and "Beliebers" have this whole YouTube rivalry going on for who gets the most views so they're clicking their videos with the sole purpose of accumulating views. I don't think MJ fans care that much. Personally, I'm not too worried about the number of views (and let's be honest, 600 million is still an incredible number!). There are more important honours to receive as an artist, and Michael has received all of them. Besides, just because a video gets clicked on a lot doesn't mean that people like it. Look at Justin Biebers video "Baby", the most watched video on YouTube with 367+ million views. However, if you look at the like/dislike ratio you'll see that the number of dislikes (580.000) far outnumber the likes (366.000), and about 90% of the comments is bashing Justin. I wouldn't want that on Michael's videos. I'd rather have a little less views if that means a little less haters.

This is very true.....I've clicked Bad Romance A LOT....but i've only actually watched the video once.....I only click on it because I like the song.....So, it's safe to say a lot of other people do the same thing....Not because they actually want to watch the video, but just to hear the song...To me there's a huge difference.....I like Gaga's music, but I could never understand why her videos are so popular...I think she's a terrible performer to boot...

Because YouTube is the power of young people to express their possibilities if they want to change something....
Its also an indicator of power of media world, if you like it or not....

Just try to get 1 billion clicks.....

This is typical Michael Jackson fan alibi:

many of you seem not to get the point and dont realize the internet possibilities.
as I said many times... MJ boards are just places how to escape from reality and for enjoying .... the wonderland of Michael Jackson...., but most of you/us are not able to do anything for Michael, fight for Michael, just to be here and pretend your support.... of ... I dont know what... - typing?

Lol, does clicking on the youtube videos count as supporting and helping MJ? I support MJ with buying his CDs. That's it. I don't care about statistic, i already have it in college, so i dont need it when i'm listening to the music and trying to relax.

But it's a music discussion section. Youtube and video views has nothing to do with music or performers. What difference does it make who has the most views? I've never heard Gaga's nor Justin's music and don't want to. That's one of the reasons that entertainment is crummy today. The only concern is numbers and not quality which is basically a McDonald's/Coca Cola/Wal-Mart mentality. Selling the most junk that's not good for you.

Great post. I really agree with you.

Its YouTube views, they have no credibiltity when a performance on the X Factor performance can get over a million views in a day.

I agree this is so true.Justin Beavers videos get alot of views because he has a lot of haters and little girl fans.To me the kid doesn't have any talent and he's overrated.The views his have of his videos are hate comments.And media do all this competition stuff for no reason.What is youtube.... that is nothing just a website that plays videos and that's it.
When is Lady gaga and Bieber going to get an award for every place in the world?Never.And when are they gonna sell over 100 million on one album...never.Not ever 10 million with one album.

Bieber and gaga are two overrated artist ,and never will achieve the success that MJ had did in his career.I wish the MEDIA would stop comparing these two to his him.

Back