Lachapelle Art exhibit(now in NYC) shows MJ as a Biblical martyr

Ankita

Proud Member
Prominent director and photographer David LaChapelle opened his new exhibition “American Jesus” at New York’s Paul Kasmin Gallery on July 13, 2010. Highlights include the photographer’s final photo shoot with Michael Jackson, a series in which Jackson is portrayed as a Biblical martyr. The exhibit will run through September 18, 2010.

At the exhibit’s opening, guests dined on cookies printed with images from LaChapelle’s new show. Two-hundred fifty cookies were baked by Cookie Studio; 125 of a reproduction of an image of Michael Jackson with the model Hana Soukupova and the other 125 from other photos on display.

Source-MJFC/Wall Street Journal

Link to the beautiful painting-
http://www.complex.com/blogs/2010/0...-american-jesus/comment-page-1/#comment-67161

There are beautiful comments on the website. You may post too. I just did!

Last edited:
Re: Lachapelle Art exhibit shows MJ as a Biblical martyr

Prominent director and photographer David LaChapelle opened his new exhibition “American Jesus” at New York’s Paul Kasmin Gallery on July 13, 2010. Highlights include the photographer’s final photo shoot with Michael Jackson, a series in which Jackson is portrayed as a Biblical martyr. The exhibit will run through September 18, 2010.

At the exhibit’s opening, guests dined on cookies printed with images from LaChapelle’s new show. Two-hundred fifty cookies were baked by Cookie Studio; 125 of a reproduction of an image of Michael Jackson with the model Hana Soukupova and the other 125 from other photos on display.

Source-MJFC/Wall Street Journal

Link to the beautiful painting-
http://www.complex.com/blogs/2010/0...-american-jesus/comment-page-1/#comment-67161

There are beautiful comments on the website. You may post too. I just did!

Impressive..!

As Always
:angel:

gorgeous. Love the paintings. I would LOVE a print of the jesus one.

Michael as a biblical martyr? :|

is Lachapelle a fan of MJ's?

I love it, I think it's beautiful and quite interesting as well.

they also analyze lots of mj's songs to biblical reference too

I am going to go see this next month with our MJ meetup group in NYC. I have seen most of the prints but am excited to see the full size originals. I think it's an interesting concept.

My friend, who is studying Art History, got scared about the one with the devil, lol.

She said that the devil must not look into the opponent's face because that mean the fight is not over yet. It's a bit scary, but somehow, that could be true.
Because some of us are still fighting for MJ's legacy.

^^ interesting. I never knew that.

The pictures are gorgeous!

Lachapelle is a great artist and I like your work. I'd love to see this exhibition. :wild:

My friend, who is studying Art History, got scared about the one with the devil, lol.

She said that the devil must not look into the opponent's face because that mean the fight is not over yet. It's a bit scary, but somehow, that could be true.
Exactly!

Wow, that is interesting. I never thought about it that way. :)

I work in the neighborhood of this gallery so I may go over and take a look during lunch or something. The one of him in Jesus' arms is stunning.

I don't like it. It's bad for Mj's image in the Christian community.
God does not mind it one bit. She appreciates beautiful art. :cheeky:

artwork_images_424157556_577036_david-lachapelle.jpg

Last edited:

My thoughts exactly.

lol Isn't the name of the entire art show called 'American Jesus'? I think that many of them are going to be upset regardless.

Otoh, I think it's cool concept and I think that the pieces are beautiful. Not just the MJ pieces, but all of them really.

Back