'Knock You Down'

SIDEWALK

Proud Member
I saw Keri Hilson on David Letterman performing her song 'Knock You Down', Kanye West raps in the song and mentions Michael & Joe, Kanye often mentions Michael in his raps but this one has got me wondering, do any of you guys think you know what he meant by this??

''I was flyin, now I'm crashin
This is bad, real bad, michael jackson
Now I'm mad, real mad, joe jackson
You should leave your boyfriend now, Ima ask him''

Heres the performance............

ooh i like this sone...

i dont think hye meant anything buy it...this song is about bein with a girl and messing up the relationshionship and picking urself back up..all he was that things were goin so welll now they are going bad hence michael reference then he got mad hence joe jackson and the way he famously handled his children with anger...

hmmm...maybe he should have stopped at the mj reference

I love this song!

'I was flyin, now I'm crashin
This is bad, real bad, michael jackson

This is in reference to the song Bad - Kanye is describing his mood and how he's angry that Keri is cheating on him with another. So in other words, this is a bad situation and something bad will happen because of the cheating

Now I'm mad, real mad, joe jackson

This is in reference to Joe Jackson's infamous temper. Kanye is very mad now and will "handle" Keri's boyfriend in a very Joe Jackson kind of way.

You should leave your boyfriend now, Ima ask him

Kanye is threatening his love interest, telling her to leave her boyfriend before they have a talk.

I'm thinking a reference to "Bad" by Michael Jackson where he sings and then possibly "Mad at You" by Joe Jackson. Or it could be a reference to Michael Jackson and his father Joseph. But I don't know if he would get so personal as to reference Michael's father and his anger issues.

Back