King of Pop: My first DVD and Blu-ray

tdude418

Proud Member
After getting my Borders Rewards coupon, I finally got "This is It" on blu-ray. I know that Target has a deal that gives you both the DVD and blu-ray for the same price, and Wal-Mart has an exclusive extra disc with more behind the scenes stuff, which I will buy soon.

But as soon as I got it, it just reminded me that my very first DVD was volume 1 of Michael Jackson's music videos! And now, he is my first blu-ray.

Not to mention the fact that the blu-ray version has exclusive features not available on DVD! So it also motivated me to buy my first blu-ray player! Not to mention it's a 3d blu-ray player, and I have a 3d HDTV with 2D to 3D conversion, so hopefully I can watch some of the "meant for 3D" videos almost as they were originally intended to be seen!

It also reminded me that Michael Jackson's "Moonwalker" was the LAST VHS I ever bought too! Although I later bought the European DVD release, while I'm still awaiting an official US DVD release...any time now!

Funny little facts, huh? MJ has been my many firsts and lasts in technologies.

Actually, as I come to think of it, I believe the last CD I bought was "Thriller 25th Anniversary." I bought the Japanese version with "Got the Hots", which is not available on iTunes U.S.

How many of you MJ fans bought "Dangerous" as your first CD? That was the first of his albums to release on CD, right?
Was MJ your first or last audio cassette tape?
Was MJ your LAST vinyl record? First vinyl record?

Um, if you have a 3DHDTV and a 3DBD player, why are you bothering with coupons and how did you never buy a BD before? Aren't those 3D things crazy expensive?

Um, if you have a 3DHDTV and a 3DBD player, why are you bothering with coupons and how did you never buy a BD before? Aren't those 3D things crazy expensive?

I'm using settlement money. I received a $15,000 check (a drunk driver hit me) and another $1,000 on tax returns. So, I am just breaking into the HDTV and blu ray market

My sony blu-ray player costs about $270 including warranty and a separate HDMI cable. My 3d hdtv is 40" and I purchased it from abt.com for about $2,250 including warranty.

Re: My first DVD and Blu-ray

my first tape my dad give me was off the wall i mite still have somewhere
my first michael cds are 2 different versions of king of pop
i oder myself a copy of this is it movie on dvd im not sure when it come in aust
(my brother's funny harmless joke) my brother got me a holiagram of michael
i don't have blu-ray player ?

First cassette tape - Dangerous (I got this as a present when I was 6 and listened to it over and over, but lost it over the years... :( )
First CD - Invincible (Blue cover version, I was 11 when this came out, took me a few weeks to save up my pocket money!)
First DVD - Number Ones
Last CD - TII
Last DVD - Dangerous Tour
Last Blu-Ray - TII

Back