King Of Pop is far to limiting of a title for him

analogue

Proud Member
Michael is known as The King Of Pop and the greatest entertainer of all time which is great don't get me wrong but i really do feel that that's far to limiting of a title for him. Michael created pop, rock, soul, r n b, hip hop, classical, gospal. He was much much more than just a pop act. He was a genius

Calling him the king of pop doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of his genius

Actually Elizabeth Taylor presented him as "the king of pop, rock and soul"

Definitely true, he reinvented himself with each release and expanded his musical horizons. This brought to mind a quote i read somewhere on another forum about Morphine being inspired by NIN's The Downward Spiral, which MJ really dug!

I agree, I consider him the God Of Music.. :punk: :D

Absolutely agree with you! I just talked to some of my friends the other day about MJ and the "King of Pop" title and when i told them that he was so much more than a ordinary pop star but a versatile artist who created all kinds of music and I let them listen to a couple of his songs which go beyond the mainstream pop, they were astonished and you could tell that just by that little piece of info they started to respect him more.

Michael is known as The King Of Pop and the greatest entertainer of all time which is great don't get me wrong but i really do feel that that's far to limiting of a title for him. Michael created pop, rock, soul, r n b, hip hop, classical, gospal. He was much much more than just a pop act. He was a genius

Calling him the king of pop doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of his genius

.....+1

Michael wouldn't like to people call him "God". He said some fans used to write posters like that in his concerts but he never let them show in the videos we see.

But I agree, I think King of Pop is a very limited tittle for him.
I'd call him king of entertainment.

Wouldn't consider him God of Music, Mike is so awesome and great but not the greatest IN ROCK or the above listed.

Michael did not create as many Rock songs, and The Beatles and The Who were one of the first to bring Rock to mainstream, Mike never did a thing of Hip-Hop, closest I'd consider Hip Hop is This Time Around, apart from that you might consider some 'Invincible' songs Hip-Hop, but I consider Hip-Hop with Gangsta Funk. But God of Music it taking it a little too far in my honest opinion :), but Mike is definitely my favourite artist and one of the most versatile dancers.

@lucilla: King of Entertainment would be more suitable :).

Last edited:
I think 'King Of Pop' is just right for him.

I prefer that title, than King Of Entrainment, doesn't have the 'zing' like King Of Pop.

King of Pop isn't big enough. GOD OF MUSIC is a much more fitting title, he's done Pop, Rock, Soul, New Jack Swing, Soul, Gospel, Hip Hop, R&B, and a bunch more. But King of Pop really sticks to him, bot not strong enough of a title for him

God of Music sounds very fitting! :punk:
God of something else too :naughty:
:angel:

I think simply Michael is enough. It covers everything, especially his essence as a human being. I don't like titles for both them categorizing a person and 'validating' their status, and I don't feel that's at all necessary, and it can also tend to be limiting. 'King of Pop' to me sounds too equivalent to a royal flop or kitsch, very commercial and.. I don't know, counterfeited, bubblegum-flavored and shallow. I don't like labels or titles. ..Michael or Michael Jackson are enough.

Back