'KING OF POP' acetate surfaced on Ebay...

Why would DJs need a pre copy of KoP seem that all those tracks are already released on MJs albums. Radio stations already have these tracks and play them regularly. The CD cover looks fake too.

Anybody could make this "acetate" with all the current materials we have regarding KoP.

I just saw your post above mine:
I see what you mean thats why im very suspicious of Acetates alot of sellars out there try to sell fakes,people have gotta be careful.

Well, the seller says:

"I do NOT sell fake/copied/bootleg CDs; check my 100% feedback for assurance."..

:lol:

Well, the seller says:

"I do NOT sell fake/copied/bootleg CDs; check my 100% feedback for assurance."..

:lol:

That doesnt mean a thing. It means there reliable in the sense that they have successful transactions but theres a difference between a legit product though.

^ in this case you're wrong

THIS item is real ;)

(see MJLegend)

It makes no sense to have a KoP DJ Radio Promo when Radio stations have all this already!

^ promo cds are always produced, even for a compilation that contains only tracks that are already released ;)

and not every DJ or radio station (on this world) does own MJ's tracks on discs, some would not even consider to play specific songs if they didn't receive such promo discs

see the promo "Number Twelves" e.g.

that's just business

it's the same deal with all the re-released. they will always sell because there will always be people who do not own another CD by the King of Pop ;)

>6,5 billion people that are CURRENTLY living on earth

ca. 4 billion people that have enough money to spend money for a music CD

and Thriller - the biggest selling album of all time - has "only" supposedly sold 108 mio. copies so far

you see, there are still masses (including DJs and radio stations) to reach...

;)

i would not believe it sorry but even long time fans can be fooled its only a small picture you see so you dont know what you ll get in your hands evntually

Last edited:
look at MJLegend, there you can find more info on this item

So, Sony BMG actually wrote "Billy Jean" within the tracklist of the insert? :rolleyes:

It makes no sense to have a KoP DJ Radio Promo when Radio stations have all this already!

yeah of course it makes sense. its promoting the CD. doesnt matter that its a G.Hits package. it has the songs altogether and promotes the actual album. whether its legit i see no reason why it isnt. i have a WBSS 08 promo copy.they all seem pretty much standard. not sure why they would claim its only gone out to very few stations? why would it.its about promom so id expct it to go around to loads

anyway what the heck is a acetate.? hasnt it alsways been called a promo copy?

yeah of course it makes sense. its promoting the CD. doesnt matter that its a G.Hits package. it has the songs altogether and promotes the actual album. whether its legit i see no reason why it isnt. i have a WBSS 08 promo copy.they all seem pretty much standard. not sure why they would claim its only gone out to very few stations? why would it.its about promom so id expct it to go around to loads

anyway what the heck is a acetate.? hasnt it alsways been called a promo copy?

The difference between KoP and WBSS08 is that WBSS08 had new tracks on it and remixes. The KoP "acetate/promo" has nothing but released tracks on it.

What proof is there that this is a real acetate? And I still see no need to send radio stations an advance copy of a CD full of tracks they already play on the radio? They can just play in one of MJs past albums and still promote KoP.

Billy Jean?

The difference between KoP and WBSS08 is that WBSS08 had new tracks on it and remixes. The KoP "acetate/promo" has nothing but released tracks on it.

i wasnt compairing just stating i had a wbss promo. album releases whether they be G.hits or new albums have promos made and they get sent out to radio stations to promote the actual new release by making the D.js aware of the release to mention on air and so it helps the songs get played more in order to promote the album

What proof is there that this is a real acetate? And I still see no need to send radio stations an advance copy of a CD full of tracks they already play on the radio? They can just play in one of MJs past albums and still promote KoP.

Billy Jean?

While I agree it's a fake, Sony have misprinted and misspelled lots of things. :yes: Billie Jean is spelled "Billy Jean" on one of the Thriller CD's I have, and they misprinted on TUC booklet that Mj recorded IJCSLY in 1982. :yes:

On the SC single it has Michael Jacson :lol:

Funny though this CD doesnt have the Thriller Megamix which has never been released before. Only released material is being sold as an acetate.

Besides even if it were real, wouldnt it be illegal as this would still be property of SONY?

Back