Kid Mike vs Adult Mike?

SkyWalk

Proud Member
First its impossible I think to ask weather Michael was a better singer as a kid or an adult (you can still answer though) because its a different style of signing as MJ had to change due to his voice naturally changing.

But do you think Mike was more comfortable and found it easier signing/performing as a kid or adult.

It really has hit me recently at how good he was as a kid, his voice is perfect! but then there's a little voice in my head that says he was better as an adult. Its defiantly questionable sometimes.

Last edited:
Of course it is as an adult, because as an adult he got many years of experience, so he knew what it was all about.
As a kid he was a great singer, but he was still kind of new at it and stuff.
you know, everybody start at someplace.

I don't know. Almost too different to compare. I have another almost-as-favorite singer who I feel the same way about, as a child performer and an adult she was ace. It's like two different categories, but a winner in both. :yes:

Yeah, I think it is difficult to compare because of the two different styles of singing. I think he just improved as he got older and became more unique and distinctive. I think he was always comfortable with performing. He was practically born on the stage.

Adult MJ and kid MJ sound sooo different. I find it hard to believe that the person that sang Earth Song is the same person that sang Rockin' Robin. :lol:

Adult MJ and kid MJ sound sooo different. I find it hard to believe that the person that sang Earth Song is the same person that sang Rockin' Robin. :lol:

I know that's how I feel sometimes.

The person who sang - Billie Jean - Dirty Diana - We've had enough - smooth criminal - I'll be there - who's lovin' you - Blame it on the boogie - I want you back, is......

THE SAME PERSON!!!!!!!!!!

Its amazing I love it.

It all depends, adult mike sounds good but the younger hits higher notes such as in the this is it song, BUT adult mike would embarrass kid mike in dancing!!!

Kid Michael wanted to be Adult Michael. Michael because the artist and genius he wanted to be as an adult. Michael was always a genius, even when he was an 11yr old but adult Michael was a better in every aspect of the genius he showed as kid.

I think kid Michael had a better voice but I think adult Michael had better vocal technique (the best in the world imho). I hope that makes sense.

I can't choose.

I'd say Kid Mike and Adult Mike have one thing in common: being an artist&being a natural.

To elaborate a lil more on the "being an artist" part, Kid Mike destroyed the conventional notion people have about child stars. Like, they say child stars are cute because they're just kids after all and sometimes they make mistakes on stage which can be forgiven and viewed as some attractive imperfection of children. *Yall can see the word "cute", in this context, is really not about gushing over their cute appearance.* I mean, they really don't look at them as being more than "a cute little entertainer" even when they do think they got talent. It's like, their performance is treated like a refined version of children's informal talent show at home or school. Basically, you don't hear many people refer to child stars as "an artist" because they're, well, just children.
B.U.T. I think and some others think Lil' Mike did change the notion in a way that was never done before. I call Lil' Mike an artist just as I call Older Mike an artist.

For me, even with some differences in the vocal style&voice color (I hear the consistent style as well), Kid Mike and Adult Mike is the same one great singer.

Last edited:
I prefer his Adult voice.

I know that's how I feel sometimes.

The person who sang - Billie Jean - Dirty Diana - We've had enough - smooth criminal - I'll be there - who's lovin' you - Blame it on the boogie - I want you back, is......

THE SAME PERSON!!!!!!!!!!

Its amazing I love it.
I think it's nice to be able to listen to different songs and, depending on your mood, choose what "voice" of his you want to hear because they all vary.

Kid Mike had a more powerful voice, but adult Mike had a more versatile voice..Kid Mike and Adult Mike were very talented in different ways..so I like them both!!

Back