Katherine's book about Michael ?

ellie09

Proud Member
I just understood that Michael's mother has released a book about him with different stories. I didn't know that. The name is sth like 'Life in black and white' but I can't find it... can you help me? :(

A friend of mine told me yesterday..
she gave me some quotes and said that the name is something like "life in black and white" but she's not sure because the book she has is translated and it's not in English.

It can be the same book (my family, the jacksons)! Sometimes when they translate it , they change the cover and the name..+ the book she has is old - maybe it's translated after the first circulation... I dunno really. I'll check that! :)

Last edited:
I just talked to my friend and it seems it's the same book. But I'm wondering why did they change the name?!?! Whatever .. thanx for writing in my thread. :)
I just checked some sites - it's $400 WOW

Last edited:
I want to find that book so bad. But people are probably selling it at $100+ now.:(

ok I wrote this out from the book.

That leaves Michael, an amazing child. It dawned on me that Michael was no run-of-the –mill kid one day in 1960. I was standing in front of my washing machine, checking the load, when I happened to turn around and see my one-and-a-half year old son practically under my dress tail. He was holding his bottle and dancing, dancing in his diapers to the rhythmic squeak of my washing machine. In addition to his precociousness as a dancer, Michael was spunky and mischievous beyond his years.
(Rebbie – Michael wasn’t even two yet when one day he took aim with his baby bottle as my dad was walking across the living room, heaved it, and hit him on the head. I don’t think my dad was hurt so much as shocked that his infant son had beaned him.)
By the age of three, Michael’s mischievousness had taken a defiant turn. After Joe spanked him one day for misbehaving, Michael hurled a shoe at him. Joe saw it coming and ducked otherwise, Michael would have scored another direct hit.
(Rebbie – When my mom asked him to do something –say a chore- that he didn’t want to do, he’d mutter something. “What did you say”, mom would ask, raising an eyebrow. But Michael wouldn’t reply. “Come here boy!” she’d demand. Then the fun would begin. Michael would tear off for the bedroom, with mom in pursuit. He’d slide under the bed and grab onto the springs. My mom would try to pull him out, but she couldn’t. Neither could my brothers. She’d have to wait him out. About half an hour would pass. Finally Michael would get out from under the bed, dust himself off and saunter back into the living room. Sometimes mom would have forgotten about his misbehaviour: other times she would have the brothers pounce on him so that she could finally chastise him.)
(Jackie – Michael was just as good at evading my dad. One second dad would have Michael in his arms, preparing to spank him; the next second Michael would be 5 feet away and my father would hit nothing but air. Michael was almost impossible to hold down. He was like a little worm, squirming all the time. He was too much.)
Sometimes, Joe and I would get so angry at Michael when he succeeded in evading us. But other times we couldn’t help but start laughing “ What’s with this kid?” we’d ask. I asked that question regarding some of michael’s other personality traits as he was growing up. There was the matter, for example, of his generosity. Occasionally it went too far. One day when Michael was in second grade, I couldn’t locate a pieced of my jewelry. “What happened to my bracelet?” I finally asked the kids. Michael looked up and replied nonchalantly “Oh I gave it to my teacher”. I didn’t punish him because I thought it was nice of him to want to give. But I told him not to do it again. Michael didn’t listen and more of my jewelry went missing. He’d also nose around my mother’s jewelry and keepsakes. You know how particular grandmothers are. They would have the biggest fights when she’d catch him. I’d also get reports from his brother’s about his nosiness.” Mother, when we were at so-and-so’s house Michael just had to know what was in their drawer”, one of them would say. “when they left the room he just had to look inside”

(Marlon – He hasn’t changed, We were backstage somewhere during the victory tour when Michael walked into a man’s office and started looking in the drawers.”Michael get out of those drawers!” we told him. He’s well known for snooping in his brother’s stuff too. One day he was over at Randy’s. Randy had to go somewhere, and after he left, Michael started opening some of his drawers. In one of them he found a note: “Michael don’t go in here with your nosy self!” Michael laughed and laughed.)
I don’t want to give the impression that the young Michael was a non-stop mischief. He also had his endearing side. When Rebbie graduated from high school, he bought her a bottle of nail varnish at the corner store. He’d also buy little presents for his neighbourhood friends. His first goal in life must have been to own a candy store because he loved to play storekeeper. After Joe began giving him and his brothers a weekly allowance, he would spend every cent of it on candy and gum. He’d come home with an armful of it, take a board and two bricks and place them in the doorway of the boy’s bedroom, lay the candy on it and sell into to his brother’s and sister’s and friends for the same price as he paid for it. Michael was also a serious candy eater and gum chewer. Before he opened his store he’s save his pennies so that he could purchase bubble gum at the concession stand at the little league ball park behind our house. One night, however, he couldn’t find his penny for gum and he was so upset he started crying. “ Mother, do you know what happened to my penny?” he asked. I knew the answer when I spotted Marlon happily chewing away on a wad of bubble gum nearby. Michael and Marlon were “running buddies”.
(Marlon – Because we were about the same height people thought we were twins. Besides playing games together, we’d go roller skating upand down the driveway, play basketball, and ride our mini-bikes.)
(Jackie – They also used to get up in the middle of the night, grab a couple of broomsticks and play Army ma. They’d poke the broomsticks out the window and shoot at the cars driving by.)
Michael also like to race his brothers and neighbour friends down the block, run in the sprinklers during summer and play stickball. All this, of course, was just normal kid stuff. But Michael’s singing and dancing was never kids stuff. The first time I heard him sing was in 1963. Jackie, Tito and Jermaine were singing a Motown song in their bedroom for the fun of it when all of a sudden I heard a fourth voice join in. It was Michael –at the age of four – picking out his own part and singing it as clear as a bell. “ You know Michael has a nice voice, good enough to be a lead singer” I told Joe that night. Two years later, Michael demonstrated that fact in public for the first time singing climb every mountain acapella at a Garnett Elementary school assembly. Joe’s father and I were in the audience, and it was something to see hard nosed Samuel Jackson burst into tears th second Michael began to sing in his sweet pure voice. I was matching him tear for tear. Michael was so poised, a natural even then. Michael’s dancing was no less adavanced. By then he had developed the footwork of a miniature James Brown. He would watch ‘soul brother number one’ do one of his trademark spins or twists and then perfectly execute that move himself in our living room. By the time the Jackson Five began performing in talent contests in 1965, Michael was choreographing their numbers. During rehersals, one of the brothers would say “ We don’t have a move for this part of My Girl” Michael would pipe up and say “ Ok, let’s do this” Then he would demonstrate a move that was so fresh ans stylish that the other brothers who still towered over him, would shake their heads in disbelief. Michael your just a baby, I remember thinking, and your giving the instructions! Michael was also the one doing the dreaming. “ Someday I’m going to live in a castle”, he announced one day to his second-grade teacher.

I was just about to post that link. That website is GOLDEN! I'm reading Taraborelli's book on there now. Too bad you can't print tho.

oh....i'm first time to hear about it.
can anyone post the pic of bookcover here???

I have many books/magazines on my website. I'm busy scanning more all the time so you may find this and other books to interest you there, so far there are 20, five more coming shortly.
jetzi-mjvideo.com

Jetzi, You are real! OMG, You are beyond awesome!

Thank you sooooooo much.

I really appreciate all your work and efforts.

Back