Justin Timberlake Dishes on Music [Michael Jackson] & Romance

Agent M

Proud Member
Justin Timberlake Dishes on Music & Romance

Justin Timberlake has come a long way since his days in the boy band N’Sync, but the 29-year-old pop star sat down on Saturday to talk about his experience with music and romance.

“I just think I find it more interesting to want something than to actually have it,” Justin revealed his take on love at the ASCAP Panel.

“People miss out on the journey because they’re so focused on the goal….the things that happen on the way are just more interesting,” Justin, who has been linked to actress Jessica Biel since 2007, gushed in L.A. while speaking with Bill Withers.

And, while his romantic life seems to be pretty stable at the moment, getting to this point in his musical career as a solo artist hasn’t been as easy to do.

“It was hard to walk away from because one of my friends said, ‘You guys are bigger than bubble gum – actual bubble gum!’” Justin spoke of making the decision to go solo from N’Sync in 2002.

But once the “Sexy Back” artist made a name for himself, he claims that he has learned that it’s all about enjoying the experience.

“I’ve met so many talented people who are so tortured and not enjoying the journey. I grew up with the radio more than anything and I loved songs.”

Drawing inspiration from the late King of Pop, the Tennessee native explains that the journey of making music should be all about the process.

“I grew up knowing who Michael Jackson is because you couldn’t grow up not knowing who Michael Jackson is but I cared more about who made that song…my experience is once a song is done, you have to let it go. Don’t worry about the goal and enjoy the process,” Justin explained at Hollywood and Highland.

http://www.okmagazine.com/2010/04/justin-timberlake-dishes-on-music-romance/

Uh oh. Justin Timberlakes name is in the title. This could end in disaster :(

How great for him he should have grown up listening to his homie Elvis though

Well it reminds me of this episode of Star Trek when Spock was geting riled up (I think that is a good way to say it) because it was time for him to go to Vulcan and marry his bethrobed and mate with her. She developed up this clever rouse in order for Spock to be challenged and killed by the one whom she really loved so she could marry him.

In the end, she failed, but barely and Spock told the man who this woman loved that he he could have her. But in parting words he says, "But you may find that the having, is not as fun as the wanting".

Maybe JT watches Star Trek too.

Well it reminds me of this episode of Star Trek when Spock was geting riled up (I think that is a good way to say it) because it was time for him to go to Vulcan and marry his bethrobed and mate with her. She developed up this clever rouse in order for Spock to be challenged and killed by the one whom she really loved so she could marry him.

In the end, she failed, but barely and Spock told the man who this woman loved that he he could have her. But in parting words he says, "But you may find that the having, is not as fun as the wanting".

Maybe JT watches Star Trek too.

what Spock ended up saying is right on point. and everything Justin said, is, also.

Last edited:
Really, have I missed something? I think JT is quite good.

Me too, I think hes great. But a lot of people here dont and it usually ends up that they turn any JT thread here in a negative rant on him. I wont say anymore than that otherwise it might start up again :O

Maybe it's because I haven't had any sleep, but I don't even understand what the hell he just said, lol. My gut reaction is that it's the sort of deep thing that a person would say while smoking weed.

Anyway. I like Justin a lot. I wish he would make a new album + world tour asap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it's because I haven't had any sleep, but I don't even understand what the hell he just said, lol. My gut reaction is that it's the sort of deep thing that a person would say while smoking weed.

omg HAHA LOL!!

Bleh I still don't see any talent from JT, if anything I think he's a douche who really has yet to be taken seriously. I'd like to see him work on material without timbaland.. we'll see how well he does then...

Bleh I still don't see any talent from JT, if anything I think he's a douche who really has yet to be taken seriously. I'd like to see him work on material without timbaland.. we'll see how well he does then...

Most of the tracks on Justified don't include Timbaland. Those are produced by The Neptunes.

Back