Just imagine how different the HIStory album would have sounded

analogue

Proud Member
If Tom Sneddon and The Chandlers never came into Michael's life. Would the album even be called HIStory if those horrible false allegations in 93 never happened? There would be no D.S, no Money, no This Time Around. Stranger In Moscow probably wouldn't be here today

The HIStory album could have been alot different

Who knows what HIStory could have sounded like...Invincible would be different aswell, and there would be albums after invincible had the 2005 Trial not taken place. This is it would have been great as Michael wouldnt have any or little stresses. He would still be on top, and alive.

Michael would still be alive today if it wasn't for Sneddon and the Chandler's. Michael died a slow death from 1993-2009. They broke his soul and spirit.

It would be very interesting to see an alternate reality and what musical direction Michael would have pursued with a follow up to Dangerous. It's hard to predict because Michael had such flexibility in regards to style and genre. His ability could have taken him anywhere.

I know it's horrible, but then it might not be my favorite album. However, I'd probably still like it whatever direction he decided to take. Would we have seen that raw side of Michael? I don't know.

I know it's horrible, but then it might not be my favorite album. However, I'd probably still like it whatever direction he decided to take. Would we have seen that raw side of Michael? I don't know.

I think we have already seen the raw side of Michael on Dangerous (which is my favorite album): Who is it, Give in to me, Jam, Why you wanna trip on me etc. Of course, the subjects were different than later but his lyrics were already profound.

Like Gonetoosoon I'd like to see an alternate reality where the allegations hadn't happened. IMO Michael was on an artistic peak with Dangerous and it would have continued. It did actually continue and because of his reaction to the allegations we have got some fantastic pieces (such as History, the original songs on BOTDF and even some songs on Invincible) but certainly the allegations hadn't helped in terms of sales and how much people were willing to listen to what he had to say. Some of his finest songs and videos got completely ignored by the general public and media because of the prejudice against him. Which is sad.

Last edited:
I would haved hoped that Michael drifted away from New Jack Swing after Dangerous - like he did in reality. I like NJS but 7 tracks (out of 14) on one album was a bit much. I think the new album after Dangerous would have been more love focused. On Dangerous, HIStory and BOTDF we lack any true love songs. Whether that was due to the allegations and the state Michael was in, or whether he wanted to take a new artistic direction away from cliched love-pop is a question worth thinking about. Me being a love-song buff, I generally prefer OTW, Thriller, Bad and Invincible for their more feel good nature.

That's not to say I don't adore the passage between 1991 and 1997 - because I do. But it's interesting to ponder over whether Michael would have still grown as an artist further if the allegations did not occur. Did the allegations make him a stronger sure-willed artist? Did the allegations allow him to focus his artistic talent in a way not done previously?

Last edited:
I read somewhere i think 2 years ago, that MJ was gonna release a new album called "HIStory" in 1993. And that Michael was doing a short horror film called "Is This Scary" (later became "Ghosts") and it was intended to promote the Addams Family Values movie. Mick Garris was originally directing it, the cast was different and the characters from the Addams Family movie Wednesday and Pugsley were in it too.

But due to the false allegations, the projects were shelved and cancelled. The album "HIStory" would later go to another direction and it became as we know it today.

I love HIStory the way it is, but the thing that still bugs is that Michael didn't release a studio album of new material for 6 years after HIStory... Surely, he could have released a new album after the HIStory Tour.

I love HIStory the way it is, but the thing that still bugs is that Michael didn't release a studio album of new material for 6 years after HIStory... Surely, he could have released a new album after the HIStory Tour.

He did with BOTDF? It's more like a 5 track EP though.. Those remixes are horrible.

If you're talking about entirely new material - 6 years was the length of time between Thriller and Bad after all! I think Michael took a little more time on Invincible in order to find his new direction. Invincible was such a dramatic change from his previous work IMO and the time limit is probably a result of that.

I love MJ just as much as anybody, and just as much as you. But I wish people would stop saying that. Propofol is what killed MJ. it wasn't the trial or the chandlers or the media. It was propofol.

I love MJ just as much as anybody, and just as much as you. But I wish people would stop saying that. Propofol is what killed MJ. it wasn't the trial or the chandlers or the media. It was propofol.

He certainly had insomnia all his adult life, even before the Chandlers, but I don't think the stress of the accusations helped that situation much. It probably made it worse.

Also, touring always made his insomnia worse. Now, at the age of 50 Michael didn't really want to tour any more, he wanted to do films. But he was forced to do TII because of his financial problems. Where did those financial problems start? You guessed it, with the Chandlers! When Pepsi pulled out of the Dangerous Tour because of the allegations. From there it all went downhills. I doubt he would have got into this situation financially without the allegations of 1993 and 2005. Those allegations and trials took away years from his life where he could have concentrated on creating and releasing albums and other projects. Not to mention what they did for his reputation - so that made it a lot more difficult for him to sell albums and to find sponsors as well.

So yes, both the Chandlers and the Arvizos bear some indirect responsibility in his death.

If it weren"t for those voltures we would still have fantastic music from Michael.
He had a lot of inspiration because of the whole situation in the world. Earth Song....We"ve had enough...etc.
He had put his enormes personal pains in his songs , but I wish he did not have to.
Since all those false allegations came ( the tragedy is even bigger because authorities knew ALL ALONG that Michael was totaly innocent !!!!!! ) I can"t stop thinking about it. They have destroyed or at least tried to , the pure escence of that beautiful man. His name was dragged through mud and dirt. How do you cope with that ?!
I believe that most of the ppl still don"t realize what a enormes tragedy that is. And that is so , so sad and tragic.

Back