Just Good Friends Appreciation

KB50MJ

Proud Member
I LOVE the beginning of this song. When MJ sings the first verse, like he would say, "Its Magical".

Overall I like the whole song, but mainly the first MJ verse, and the first Stevie verse.

I would LOVE to hear the live version they did in Australia during the first leg of the Bad Tour in 87'.

Enjoy=D

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

I LOVE the beginning of this song. When MJ sings the first verse, like he would say, "Its Magical".

Overall I like the whole song, but mainly the first MJ verse, and the first Stevie verse.

I would LOVE to hear the live version they did in Australia during the first leg of the Bad Tour in 87'.

Enjoy=D

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

YES YES YES!!!!!!!!! you think like me, ive always been loving the verses in this, but i dont really like the chorus, the verses sound like they are building up to something great, the wa the bass rises and falls around the chords. His voice is awesome in this bit

FINALLY....some Just Good Friends appreciation!!!

This is one of my favorite songs from Bad. When I hear this song, it automatically takes me back to the late 80's listening to this on vinyl on my family's huge 1960's era stereo cabinet, blasting it as loud as I could with the front room windows open (which were located right there on the same wall as the stereo) so everybody in our little neighborhood could hear it.

Oh man. I love this song so much. I remember the first time I listened to it, I was so excited to hear Stevie Wonder singing with Michael. And I also remember waaaay back then in '87 or '88 thinking the song was sort of "dirty" lol because of the lyric "I watched you on the floor cheek to cheek", which I (at my young age) interpreted as sex because of the "on the floor" line lol....not totally understanding that "on the floor" meant "on the DANCE floor". :D

Like I said, this is absolutely one of my favorite songs on Bad. It was part of the whole 1987-88-89 Bad era experience. For those of you who remember being addicted to the Bad album back then, you know what I'm talking about. You know what I mean when I'm talking about back then, listening to the album in it's entirety on vinyl or cassette (not cd) and appreciating this song.

I think too many people overlook this song. And I think too many people even back then who had Bad on cd overlooked this song because they maybe listened to it once or twice and then started skipping it. This is one thing really lost when it comes to music technology today. We don't give songs enough time to fully appreciate them anymore because now, if we're not totally feeling it at first, we just start skipping to the next track....but yaknow, if I would have done that 20 years ago with this song, I'd be missing out.

Because like I said, this is still to this day one of my very favorite songs from Bad because back then an album was a piece of art to be listened to and appreciated in it's entirety. And because of that, I grew to absolutely love this song. Not enough people understand that today, and I think that's a shame.

What a great song. I wish we could have seen this song performed live with Stevie. I'm sure it would have been AMAZING.

"You better take adviiiiiice....never tru-u-ust....first impressions!!!"

This is one thing really lost when it comes to music technology today. We don't give songs enough time to fully appreciate them anymore because now, if we're not totally feeling it at first, we just start skipping to the next track....but yaknow, if I would have done that 20 years ago with this song, I'd be missing out.

Because like I said, this is still to this day one of my very favorite songs from Bad because back then an album was a piece of art to be listened to and appreciated in it's entirety. And because of that, I grew to absolutely love this song. Not enough people understand that today, and I think that's a shame.
I agree with you fully. I love how you talk about the album being a piece of art.. That's what music these days is lacking. A collective appreciation of the album as a whole - rather than one or two tracks downloaded off the internet. Regardless of technology, Michael's music remains timeless and IMO every track is worth a thorough listen to. Not only off Bad, but all of his albums - particulary Invincible!

man i love this song. I remember back in 88 when i got the Bad album and heard this song just got me in a happy mood. The song is just great and very underated.

Damm used to enjoy having this track on play while having my parents driving out to the beach during summers.

Both "Just Good Friends" and "Get It" may not immediately jump out at you like other catchy songs of Stevie or MJ, but man.... once you find the groove in the track... it's awesome. It's one of those songs that take some repeat listening, not so much because it's a flawed track, but because the beats are a little bit eclectic. The melodies are not really simple.

But yeah, always a pleasure to hear those two duet. Too bad we didn't get more material of them working together after 1987 (barring Eddie Murphy's "Yeah", which I've only recently discovered and enjoyed a lot).

I love this song!!! Absolutely love it! :D It deserves so much more love than it's getting :yes: It's catchy, dancy (if that's a word) and just brilliant!

Both "Just Good Friends" and "Get It" may not immediately jump out at you like other catchy songs of Stevie or MJ, but man.... once you find the groove in the track... it's awesome. It's one of those songs that take some repeat listening, not so much because it's a flawed track, but because the beats are a little bit eclectic. The melodies are not really simple.

But yeah, always a pleasure to hear those two duet. Too bad we didn't get more material of them working together after 1987 (barring Eddie Murphy's "Yeah", which I've only recently discovered and enjoyed a lot).

I don't know abou anyone else but it only took me one listen for me to get hooked on this great song!

Back