Just for fun... predit the chart postion for Hold My Hand on the official UK top 40.

MattyJam

Guests
It's bound to go top ten. Sadly I don't believe it's had enough promotion or radio airplay to top the charts.

I'm going to predict number 6.

sorry, it'l depend on the video to a certain degree, but the song ain't gonna ignite. I'd say it'l debut at 16 or something, it'l slowly climb to about No. 8 and then fall down again.

Didnt OMC get no2 if so no reason why this cant go to number 1.

Well if that got to 5 without a video. and much promo i wreckon hmh can get to number 1

Well, when he died, Cascada beat him to number 1 and he was number 2. (Mind he broke Elvis' record for most songs in the UK top 40 at one time)

Erm..... I'll go for #4 or #5.

Well if that got to 5 without a video. and much promo i wreckon hmh can get to number 1

I hope I'm wrong but I don't see a number 1 entry as realistic.

Whilst the song has had a respectable amount of airplay, it hasn't been hugely embraced the way I hoped it would. And releasing the song before the video has even aired was a pretty bad move.

HMH is a grower and takes a few listen to really capture you. Unfortunately I don't think Joe Public will have heard the song enough for it to sell a huge amount outside of the hardcore fanbase.

I want to say number one but who even knows this song exists? There is no promotion.

If the video had debuted during X factor,it would have guranteed a top 5 entry
here's the top ten uk singles chart for the week,more than half on the chart performed on the program or were x factor inductees
I am not happy with the promotion of the single,sony should have at least advertised the release of the single during the program
It's really sad that a shitty program like x factor is controlling the charts or rather has so much power in regards to uk charts.

The Top Ten UK singles are:

1. 'The X Factor' Finalists 2010 – 'Heroes'
2. Ellie Goulding – 'Your Song'
3. Nicole Scherzinger – 'Poison'----------
4. Olly Murs – 'Thinking Of Me' '
5. Far East Movement – 'Like A G6'
6. Black Eyed Peas – 'The Time (Dirty Bit)'
7. Rihanna – 'Only Girl (In The World)'
8. Rihanna featuring Drake – 'What's My Name'
9. David Guetta featuring Rihanna – 'Who's That Chick '
10. JLS – 'Love You More'

My guess is that the peak position is going to be 9!

Although I hope for a Top 5...

It's because Simon Cowell basically owns the British Music Industry and 'The X Factor' is one of his products. Even though 'The X Factor' is unbearable to watch and full of amateurs, it will top the charts because Simon has the money to promote it and because he owns the BMI and 'The X Factor'. Sad but true.

I hope it goes to #1, but it won't :(... it'll get to #4 I reckon.

I hope I'm wrong but I don't think it will get into the top 10 in its first week unless we get some more promo!
I think it will debut at maybe #15 but climb the next week (with more promo) to hopefully the top 10.

I think the album will do a lot better though.

Whilst I would love for it to get to number 1 it simply hasn't had the promotion or the airplay to get that far. Unless you're a Cowell associated act you barely get any promo anymore. Although I do remember the rumours last of year of Cowell practically begging Michael's management to get him to perform on the X Factor last year whilst he was in London which he turned down straight away.

You don't really need very much to reach top 3 imo. I think it will be in top 3. Let's hope.

But Michael's first singles didn't use to be #1's. Well in TOP 10 still. I mean at least not in UK so. I don't know why thou. Only "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" and "Black Or White" were #1's (plus "One Day In Your Life"). "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough" was #3, "The Girl Is Mine" was #8, "Scream" was #3, "You Rock My World" was #2...

His TOP 3 singles in UK are:

Rockin' Robin #3 (2nd single)

Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough #3 (1st single)
She's Out Of My Life #3 (4th single)

One Day In Your Life #1 (1st single)

Billie Jean #1 (2nd single)
Beat It #3 (3rd single)

I Just Can't Stop Loving You #1 (1st single)
Bad #3 (2nd single)
The Way You Make Me Feel #3 (3rd single)
Leave Me Alone #2 (9th single, not released in the US)

[Dirty Diana was #4 (6th single). Bad's single success was pretty obvious imo after Thriller's success]

Black Or White #1 (1st single)
Remember The Time #3 (2nd single)
Heal The World #2 (6th single)
Give In To Me #2 (7th single, not released in the US)

Scream #3 (1st single)
You Are Not Alone #1 (2nd single)
Earth Song #1 (3rd single, the most successful single in the UK, was 7 weeks #1)
[Blood On The Dance Floor was also #1, but it's more easy when the album era and touring is going on.]

You Rock My World #2 (1st single)

"Why" with 3T was #2 in 1996 and "Say Say Say" with PMC was #2 in 1983, but they wasn't on his solo album and both were during his solo album era. SSS's success was pretty obvious because it was during the Thriller era and a duet with someone like PMC.

His single success since Dangerous and especially since HIStory has been averagely pretty good in the UK. But of course it needs to be promoted. For example "Cry" wasn't that much so it was only #25.

Number 3, and it will stay top 10 for 4 weeks.

Michael's last UK #1 was in 1997. I really hope Hold My Hand is number one but the stats speak for themeselves.

If the video had debuted during X factor,it would have guranteed a top 5 entry

THIS! When is the Michael teaser going to actually air?! During an X Factor break - that would make it #1

It's bound to go top ten. Sadly I don't believe it's had enough promotion or radio airplay to top the charts.

I'm going to predict number 6.

I feel/predict Mr. Michael Jackson has a Number 1 hit on his hands.

Peace, Happiness, L.O.V.E

God Bless Always :angel:

:rollingpeace::rollingpeace:

If X Factor dominates charts like that, what does it tell about today's state of music... It's better than Spice Girls dominating but many professionals who have worked hard year after year for a long time already will be hidden under that tv based show crap...

Back