June 5 - 7 Weekend News Byte

mariemarie

Guests
Many many articles about his visit to the outdoors yesterday. I'm just waiting for when the media will talk about the great comeback of the curls. So, until then, there isn't much more to report here yet=P Look for more news further down the page.

Today in
Michael Jackson History

2005 - Michael Jackson was taken to an emergency room for treatment of a back problem.

Last edited:
Re: May 5 - 7 Weekend News Byte

Thanx for the news

You might want to fix the date of the news byte...when I saw it I thought a month-old news thread was being revived :lol:

You might want to fix the date of the news byte...when I saw it I thought a month-old news thread was being revived :lol:

lol, lawd.
Changing it!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MJJC Members!

juliamalysheva
Sil Wuvs MJ
susan
CRAZY4SEXYMJ
MJJFAN4LIFE

HappyBirthday48.gif

A Couple MJ Mentionings:

Hip-hop teen Mz Bratt has the talent to breathe new life into genre

Coventry Telegraph -
She squeezes a stack of disparate influences – Lauryn Hill, Beyonce, Coldplay, Method Man, Nas, Lady GaGa, Bob Marley and Michael Jackson to name but a few ...

Queen of the comebacks

Sydney Morning Herald - ‎
They married six months after being introduced by singer Michael Jackson but divorced 18 months later. Minnelli whispers that she's unable to discuss that ...

LEONA LEWIS has scotched speculation she is to perform with Michael Jackson during his shows The O2 next month.

The Hackney girl, 24, is preparing for her first London gig of the year on Sunday, when she will play at the 95.8 Capital FM Summertime Ball at the Emirates Stadium.
In an exclusive chat with thelondonpaper, the X Factor star said of the ***** link-up: "It’s not true. If it was, it would be amazing. He’s incredible."
Despite speculation ***** might not be able to pull off the 50-date comeback, Leona said: "I think he’s going to do really well. The people around him wouldn’t let him do it if they think he couldn’t handle it. He is Michael Jackson, afterall."
The multi-million selling singer also denied stories she turned down performing for the Obamas at the White House. "I wouldn’t turn that down, it would be an absolute honour," she said, refuting suggestions she is turning into a pop diva.
And she was adamant her career has not affected her love life, even though she is spending more time in the US. She is still with her long-term love Lou Al-Chamaa.
"We’re still together," she said. "I see reports sometimes that we’ve broken up. It’s just about understanding each other’s needs and working it out."
Lewis has not finalised her set list for Sunday, but confirmed she is working on new material with hit-makers Timbaland, Justin Timberlake, Ne-Yo and Ryan Tedder – the man who wrote hit Bleeding Love.
The pop-athon will feature an impressive line-up, including Katy Perry, hot girl group The Saturdays and a reunion of boy band Blue.
Also on the bill are R&B stars Ciara, Shontelle and Akon, punk pop princess Kelly Clarkson, ladykiller Enrique Iglesias, blue-eyed soul boy James Morrison, Strictly Come Dancing winner Alesha Dixon and the very tall electro-Scot Calvin Harris.
Legend Lionel Richie completes the bill, after performances from Noisettes, X Factor runners-up JLS, and Aussie singer Daniel Merriweather and producer Mark Ronson. It’s going to be scorching, whatever the weather.

http://www.thelondonpaper.com/thelo...-be-performing-with-michael-jackson-at-the-o2

man...not one nickname in the bunch of all those celebrities. not one. except J****. but i notice, that Akon is on the Leona bill. where is Akon NOT performing? lol

article-0-00EEC1E900000191-385_468x346.jpg
1991: Peters with 'fan' Michael Jackson

Peters’ success with the Batman movie also attracted a very famous fan — Michael Jackson. Late one night, Peters was woken by his phone ringing. At the other end of the line was a strange, whispery voice: ‘I love Batman.’
It was Jackson — and he asked if he could visit Jon that very night, then arrived at Jon’s Beverly Park mansion in his helicopter.
The proposal says: ‘Jackson became obsessed by Jon, who spent some of the weirdest times of a weird life at Jackson’s Neverland estate.

‘The parties Jon gave for his [daughters] became the hottest ticket in town, because Jackson loved to perform for Jon.’

article-0-00EEC1E900000191-385_468x346.jpg
1991: Peters with 'fan' Michael Jackson

Peters’ success with the Batman movie also attracted a very famous fan — Michael Jackson. Late one night, Peters was woken by his phone ringing. At the other end of the line was a strange, whispery voice: ‘I love Batman.’
It was Jackson — and he asked if he could visit Jon that very night, then arrived at Jon’s Beverly Park mansion in his helicopter.
The proposal says: ‘Jackson became obsessed by Jon, who spent some of the weirdest times of a weird life at Jackson’s Neverland estate.

‘The parties Jon gave for his [daughters] became the hottest ticket in town, because Jackson loved to perform for Jon.’

Aww, what a nice story =)

1244285114-Click-Charity-Single1.jpg

'Heal The World' song launched for Red Balloon Centre in Liverpool

Pop icon Michael Jackson has given his song 'Heal The World' to a group of young entertainers from Merseyside to help raise money for the James Bulger Red Balloon Centres Appeal.

The CD was given its official launch in Kirkby on Friday night after a charity ball was held in memory of the toddler killed in 1993.

With all proceeds going towards James Bulger House, a school for bullied children, hundreds packed into the Kirkby Civic Suite, in Liverpool, including James' mum Denise Fergus, and husband Stuart.

Family and friends of tragic youngsters Rhys Jones, Francesca Bimpson and Sarah Payne, also attended the night which hoped to raise £10,000.

The evening saw a host of singers and dancers, which included Britain's Got Talent favourites MD Productions, who appeared in the final of the hit TV show.

Numerous acts took to the stage for a four hour concert, which finished with a tear-jerking finale of a live performance of Heal The World, in front of a huge screen showing images of James, Rhys, Francesca and Sarah.

Event organiser Steve Linder said: ' I'm am absolutley delighted with the turnout. This shows the tremendous support for the Red Balloon Appeal.'

He added: 'The funding is in place for the James Bulger House. The Centre will accomodate roughly about 15 children, but they are never going to lose their education at school because of bullies at schools.'

'These kids are going to have the best education that we can offer them through our charity Red Balloon Learner Centres.'

Source: http://www.clickliverpool.com/news/...ched-for-red-balloon-centre-in-liverpool.html

Michael Jackson Mentionings for Saturday, June 6, 2009:

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=163176

And for those who were into foreign music Michael Jackson, Prince, Cool and the Gang, New Edition, Shalamar, Eddy Grant, Gregory Isaac were all getting us down and dirty and does anyone remember where they were when Azuma Nelson won his first WBC championship belt, damn how the whole country went crazy.

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,25596303-16601,00.html

His new music however, including debut single You had most of the crowd on its feet and dancing along to Carr’s husky singing. Carr even cracked out some of his trademark, Michael Jackson inspired dance moves at the front of the stage demonstrating his star has been on the rise through many years of professional training.

http://www.glendalenewspress.com/articles/2009/06/06/entertainment/gnp-showcase06.txt

The Franklin Elementary School Drill Team created a routine to Michael Jackson’s “Beat It.” Valley View Elementary School’s Spring 2009 Chorus dressed in 1950s attire for a medley consisting of “Rock Around the Clock” and “Blue Suede Shoes.”

Michael Jackson HIStory for Saturday, June 6, 2009:

1987 - Michael Jackson officially severed his ties with the Johovah's Witnesses.

AEG Live confirms Michael Jackson will perform all 50 concerts
http://www.ticketnews.com/AEG-Live-confirms-Michael-Jackson-will-perform-all-50-concerts695019
Since the initial unveiling of Michael Jackson's epic 50-date residency at The O2 Arena in London, ENG, speculation has swirled around the performer's ability to successfully complete an engagement of that proportion. The event's promoter AEG Live is now stepping forward to confirm that Jackson is fully prepared -- and willing -- to get the job done.

"Michael Jackson was thrilled at selling 50 shows," said AEG Live president and CEO Randy Phillips in a statement. "The size and scale of this show would not be possible without an extended run, which Michael has been fully on board with from the very beginning. He has not agreed to a world tour at this point, however, he can at any time."

Phillips' statements followed a widely publicized report from UK-based tabloid The Sun, which contended that the pop singer was less than thrilled about his long-term ties to the London stage.

"I'm really angry with them booking me up to do 50 shows. I only wanted to do 10, and take the tour around the world to other cities, not 50 in one place," the tabloid reportedly quoted Jackson. "I went to bed knowing I sold 10 dates and woke up to the news I was booked to do 50."

In addition to questions about the King of Pop's willingness to extend the This Is It concert series over 50 dates, published reports have also speculated on everything from his health and his preparedness leading up to the July kick-off, to the potential of lawsuits threatening the O2 Arena concerts.

Despite all the various reports being tossed around in the media, only one major delay has set back the production so far, and that's the size of the production itself. Due to concerns that various technical aspects of the show would not be ready in time for the intended July 8 opener, AEG Live decided to delay the launch of Jackson's residency by a week.

Four performances were postponed in total, with the July 8 performance's tickets now being honored on July 13, and tickets for July 10, 12 and 14 now paired with corresponding performances in March 2010.

"We wanted to ensure that all of Michael's fans attending the concerts get the same quality in staging and level of entertainment," read a message to ticketholders, sent from AEG Live and the event's primary ticket seller Ticketmaster UK.

At the time they sent out the message, both companies also offered various forms of help for ticketholders affected by the postponement, including hotel booking assistance for the new dates and ticket refunds for individuals now unable to attend.

a litlle bit of Beatles history that helps MJ the bizniz man
The Beatles made Norwich man famous

walshp20090605172256.jpg
William Darby, better known as Pablo Fanque. DAVID BALE
06 June 2009 07:00

Millions of music lovers around the world have heard of Pablo Fanque - thanks to the Beatles' song For the Benefit of Mr Kite.

John Lennon wrote the song for the Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band album and based the lyric on an antique circus poster he bought, in which the Henderson family is described as “late of Pablo Fanque's fair”.

But not so many people know that Pablo Fanque was born in Norwich, somewhere in the Timberhill area of the city centre, or that he was Britain's first black circus owner.

To commemorate that fact the Norwich Heritage, Economic and Regeneration Trust (HEART) plans to install a blue plaque in Timberhill and wants to use the lyric on the inscription.

However, it needs to get permission from Sony/ATV Music Publishing, which owns the copyright to the Beatles' catalogue.

A spokeswoman for Heart said: “Pablo Fanque was born and lived in Norwich, and we feel that he is deserving of a blue plaque.

“We know that he attended two churches, All Saints' Church and St John's Timberhill, so the plaque will be placed somewhere between them.

“We want to put the lyric from the song that mentions his name on the plaque, but realise we need permission from the song's owners to do that.

“We are in talks with them about this and, being a charity, have requested the standard fee for this might be waived or reduced.

“We have no idea how much they would normally charge for this and, obviously, we do have a limited budget for the plaques.”

As Beatles' fans know, John Lennon bought the poster in an antique shop on January 31, 1967 while filming the promotional video for the song Strawberry Fields Forever in Kent. Mr. Kite is believed to be William Kite, who worked for Pablo Fanque from 1843 to 1845.

One of the most musically complex songs on Sgt. Pepper, it was recorded on February 17, 1967. Lennon wanted the track to have a “carnival atmosphere”, and told producer George Martin he wanted “to smell the sawdust on the floor”.

In the middle eight bars, multiple recordings of fairground organs and calliope music were spliced together to attempt to produce this request; after a great deal of unsuccessful experimentation, George Martin instructed engineer Geoff Emerick to chop the tape into pieces with scissors, throw them up in the air, and re-assemble them at random.

The plaque is part of Heart's plans for the Timberhill/Elm Hill area, and involves blue plaques, street name interpretation signs, guided walking trails and heritage “totems”, as well as public realm improvements.

Timberhill and Elm Hill were selected as areas because they embody two of the city's principal economic offers - speciality retail and heritage.

Other plaques planned include one at the former Orford Cellar in Timberhill, where artists such as Jimi Hendrix, once played, but there is no installation date fixed yet.

The funding from the East of England Development Agency (EEDA) follows a successful pilot in the Norwich Lanes that was pioneered by Heart with the support of traders and Norwich City Council.

As reported in the Evening News yesterday, a second pocket-sized walking guide to Timberhill was launched by Heart.

Sony/ATV Music Publishing confirmed that it was in correspondence with Heart.

Which Norwich figure do you think deserves a blue plaque? Ring reporter David Bale on 01603 772427 or email david.bale2@archant.co.uk

[/b]http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/news/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=News&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=news&itemid=NOED05%20Jun%202009%2015%3A37%3A17%3A090

thnaks for the news! And that John Peter story was nice :yes:

Michael wasn't in the Midlands all week and this is tabloid ish. Mods please move it. Michael has been in the USA and hasn't left. The latest photos of Michael from June 3 states he was spotted in the Culiver Studios here in California which is in Los Angeles.

Mods once again please move it or delete it.

Michael Jackson Mentionings for Sunday, June 6, 2009:

http://www.tallahassee.com/article/20090607/ENT/906070301/Skate+faster.+The+past+is+gaining+on+you

Back at Skate World, I watched as Hub Cub and his pals zipped around the track without any care of cracked cartilage or fear of falling. The speakers blasted a Michael Jackson tune — just like they did back at the Roller Rena. If you keep skating fast enough, the past can't catch up to you.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/2...by+theme+park?+Let+Ms.+Cheap+show+you+the+way

Beech Bend Park's newest addition is the Swinging Sea Dragon ride that it bought from Michael Jackson's Neverland. The park also has a $4.6 million wooden roller coaster, the Kentucky Rumbler and a new Grand Carousel. The Beech Bend Superstar show is patterned after American Idol, with live performances and weekly winners.

http://www.steamboatpilot.com/news/2009/jun/07/now_playing_steamboat_athletes_work_out_fast_loud_/

“A lot of it has to do with age and musical tastes,” she said. “My race mix has a lot of old Madonna on it and Janet Jackson. It has Aretha Franklin and some of Michael Jackson’s stuff,

http://www.shropshirestar.com/2009/06/07/what-hollie-did-next/

Hollie achieved a lifetime’s ambition when she was asked to star in a Michael Jackson tribute show. Hollie landed a role in Thriller Live – The Musical Celebration, which played to venues across the UK and Holland during an eight-week tour.
She said: “I was inspired by Michael Jackson. He’s my hero. I’ve wanted to do something connected with him throughout my life. To be playing in Thriller Live is a dream come true.”

Michael Jackson HIStory for Sunday, June 7, 2009:

1997 - Michael Jackson's "Blood On The Dance Floor : History In The Mix" hit #24 in the U.S

Happy birthday rockstar! :birthday: hope all bday wishes & dreams come true and hope u will have a great day. :)

Back