June 26th News & Mentionings

Momma Shannon

Proud Member
Please bare with me this has to be one of the hardest to make.

As everyone now knows Michael Joseph Jackson has passed away. The staff at MJJCommunity.com offers our love and support to Michael's family, friends and fans. God bless everyone our Angel has gone home.

Gary, Ind. mourns native son Michael Jackson
By CARYN ROUSSEAU – 5 hours ago
GARY, Ind. (AP) — Fans formed a prayer circle on the front yard of Michael Jackson's modest childhood home and hundreds more crowded the street after word spread that the "King of Pop" and Gary native had died.
Stuffed teddy bears and roses were left on the porch of the small white frame house where Jackson grew up, which now sits empty, as neighbors gathered to light candles and pen notes of condolence.
"I had to come here because I literally was going to break down if I sat in my house," said Wyatt Puryear, a truck driver from Gary who said he named his son Michael after Jackson, who died in Los Angeles at age 50.
"I grew up on Michael Jackson," said Puryear, 38. "Ever since I was a kid, I was dancing and singing like him."
Bernetta Galloway of Gary said she headed straight to the Jackson home from her doctor's office after hearing the news Thursday. The 50-year-old said residents are proud of Jackson because he was "somebody from Gary who did something with their life."
Jackson was born the seventh of nine children in Gary on Aug. 19, 1958. He was 11 years old when the family moved out of the city after the Jackson 5 recorded their first album in 1969.
Gordon Keith signed the Jackson Five to his Gary-based Steeltown Records in 1967. Decades later he sued Jackson family members over the rights to their early recordings with Steeltown.
Keith, who still lives in Gary, recorded the Jacksons' first record, a 45 with side one "Big Boy" and flip side "You've Changed" released in 1967. Michael Jackson was 7 1/2 or 8 at the time.
"He was super when I first met him and heard him," Keith said. "I definitely knew that about him."
The Jackson 5 played two concerts at West Side High School in 1971, but Michael Jackson did not return to Gary until June 2003. It was his last trip to his hometown.
Gary Mayor Rudy Clay, who was not yet mayor then, said Jackson received a hero's welcome. Clay said Jackson made residents in the beleaguered city along Lake Michigan proud of their once-prosperous steeltown.
"I had the opportunity to shake his hand and talk to him ... and that's where I saw the love in his heart and how humble he was as a person," Clay said. "You could feel the love that Michael had for people."
Robert Crawford, 42, a crane operator who has lived in Gary all his life, started singing the Jackson 5 song "Going Back to Indiana" as he stood in front of the Jackson's boyhood home Thursday evening.
"I think his memory is going to live on," Crawford said. "They should bring a statue of Michael right here."
Associated Press Writer Rick Callahan contributed to this report from Indianapolis.
Copyright © 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iQ5VnlQqe1MeTY92fluyWlhYfdiwD992A0PO1

Michael Jackson mourned outside Harlem theater
2 hours ago
NEW YORK (AP) — People heading to work were stopping at a makeshift memorial outside Harlem's Apollo Theater, where Michael Jackson performed as a child.
The tributes were being written Friday on pieces of cardboard, and on newspapers bearing his photo.
Says one: "Moonwalk 4Eva Michael."
Fatimah Smalls was among those paying respects. She says sharing the pain with other fans "makes it a little bit easier."
The tribute outside the Apollo began Thursday his death was confirmed. It continued well into the night.
The crowd Friday morning isn't large — about 10 people at a time coming and going before starting their day.
Jackson first performed with his brothers the Apollo at age 9.
The theater sign now says: "In Memory of Michael Jackson. A True Apollo Legend."
Copyright © 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iNtA7LGfoQQwAtPTu6yXgZXxPdWAD992D3R80

rest in peace my love :( I've never been hurt so much.

All those celebs mourning are fans just like us... :(

Britney Spears was among the many stars mourning the loss of Michael Jackson, who died of cardiac arrest on Thursday afternoon (June 25).
"I was so excited to see his show in London," the singer said in a statement. "We were going to be on tour in Europe at the same time and I was going to fly in to see him. He has been an inspiration throughout my entire life and I'm devastated he's gone!"

http://www.mtv.ca/news/article.jhtml?id=17835

Debbie Rowe -- She Gets Custody if She Wants

Debbie Rowe is poised to take full custody of the two children she bore for Michael Jackson.

It has been widely reported Debbie Rowe gave up her parental rights to Paris and Michael Jr. That is not true.

During the custody fight that Rowe had with Jackson in 2005, she attempted to give up her parental rights, saying Michael was the greatest father ever. Retired Judge Stephen Lachs, who presided over the hearing, initially ruled her rights were terminated ... but then Lachs reversed his decision.

Here's what happened. We spoke with Lance Spiegel, the lawyer who repped Jackson at the time. Spiegel says under the law, the Department of Children and Family Services must conduct a parental fitness investigation before parental rights are terminated and that didn't happen with Rowe.

So Rowe has never given up any of her parental rights. As a result, under California law, Rowe is now presumed to be the person who will get custody. The only way Rowe can be denied custody is if a court determines it would be "detrimental to the children."

As for whether Rowe will ask for custody .... our sources say you can bet on it. We're told if Rowe gets custody she will get "a huge amount of child support from Jackson's estate."

http://www.tmz.com/

Michael is not even buried yet and the media just wants sensationalism and scandal.

If anyone wants to see a moving discussion about Michael, then catch the Gladys Knight interview that must have been done on CBS Early Show this morning. A true friend. Michael did have those that cared and loved him and wanted to protect him and be there for him. I so wish these were the people that the media would gravitate towards so that we could continue to learn about the man and not just the myths spread by the tabloid hacks who didn't even know the man. Those days should be over.
I saw the video on the Huffingtonpost; I'm sure it is on the CBS website also. Huffingtonpost also had two blogs posted from Deepak Chopra and his son. They are excellent. So many people are still trying to believe that this is all real.

Just saw a commercial for LKL tonight stating they will talk about his career and controversial life. Hopefully, Mr. Chopra's point, and I think I heard P. Diddy saying this yesterday, of time to focus on the true man and art and leave the tabloid crap alone will be pushed by those in the music industry and his true friends.

i have never felt this pain before...this is the worst thing that could of possibly ever happened.

i love you michael i need you :(

GA_googleCreateDomIframe('google_ads_div_nexttocontent' ,'nexttocontent');London - Performers at the Glastonbury rock and pop festival in Britain lined up Friday to include tributes to Michael Jackson in their songs as thousands of fans mourned the dead US star. Australian teenage singer Gabriella Cilmi, who lives in London, became the first artist to pay tribute to Jackson at the annual festival at Glastonbury, in south-west Britain.During her performance of her hit single Sweet About Me, the 17- year-old slipped in a few lines from his hit song Billie Jean to cheers from fans.Other bands playing over the weekend, including US singer Bruce Springsteen, are expected to honour Jackson.Festival organizer Emily Eavis said there would be tributes all over the site over the weekend as his tracks will be played.

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/...-festival-in-britain-marks-jackson-death.html

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20287906,00.html?xid=rss-yahooheadlines

Lisa Marie: Michael Would Talk About His Death

Michael Jackson would think about – and discuss – his death sometimes, his ex Lisa Marie Presley writes in a candid new entry on her MySpace blog.

"Years ago Michael and I were having a deep conversation about life in general," Presley, 41, writes. "He stared at me very intensely and he stated with an almost calm certainty, 'I am afraid that I am going to end up like [Elvis Presley], the way he did.' I promptly tried to deter him from the idea, at which point he just shrugged his shoulders and nodded almost matter of fact as if to let me know, he knew what he knew and that was kind of that."

Presley, who vehemently denies claims that their marriage was "a sham," describes their marriage as "unusual." "I do believe he loved me as much as he could love anyone and I loved him very much," she writes of their 20 month union. (The two wed in the Dominican Republic in May 1994 and divorced in Jan. 1996.)

But Presley now writes that the relationship was too emotionally taxing. "I became very ill and emotionally/spiritually exhausted in my quest to save him from certain self-destructive behavior and from the awful vampires and leeches he would always manage to magnetize around him," she writes. "I was in over my head while trying."

Nevertheless, Presley remembers her ex fondly. "He was an amazing person and I am lucky to have gotten as close to him as I did and to have had the many experiences and years that we had together," she posts. "I desperately hope that he can be relieved from his pain, pressure and turmoil now. He deserves to be free from all of that and I hope he is in a better place or will be."

Last edited:
ITV just showed live footage of a moonwalking "flashmob" in Liverpool Street in London. Huge crowds singing.

While looking for MJ news I came across something local to me...

Southern Maryland Blue Crabs to Honor Michael Jackson

WALDORF - 6/26/2009
Printer friendly
.show-ul p{ width:610px; } .show-ul div{ width:610px; } .show-ul ul{ list-style-type:disc; padding-left:25px; } .show-ul ul ul{ list-style-type:circle; } blockquote.story{ padding-left:15px; margin-left:0; } The Southern Maryland Blue Crabs will host a Michael Jackson Tribute Night on Monday, July 6 at Regency Furniture Stadium in Waldorf, Maryland, as they take on the Lancaster Barnstormers at 7:05 p.m. The Blue Crabs’ fans and staff will use the game as a means of honoring and remembering the late performer, with Michael Jackson themed promotions (best moonwalk anyone?) before the game as well as between innings.

There will be several chances for fans to be a part of the festivities. In addition to promotions during the game, the tribute will begin as soon as fans arrive at the ballpark.

The first 100 fans to enter Regency Furniture Stadium Monday night will receive just one complimentary batting glove, and anyone with the name Billy Jean who wishes to take in the ballgame on July 6 will be admitted free of charge. (Proper ID required.) “Billy Jean” was one of Michael Jackson’s biggest hits as a solo artist and helped catapult him to international stardom.

Also, any person with Jackson as a first, middle or last name that comes to Regency Furniture Stadium will receive a free ticket to the game as well. (Proper ID required.)

At the age of five, Michael Jackson and siblings Jackie, Jermaine, Tito and Marlon became famous as the Jackson Five playing through towns in Indiana before three national tours and one international tour. In honor of the Jackson Five, where Michael first hit stardom as the lead singer, the Blue Crabs will give all parties of five or more people attending the game a free upgrade in seating location upon entering the stadium.

To keep with the theme of the night, Michael Jackson’s music will be played at the stadium throughout the game between innings.

“I think it’s safe to say we expect a Thriller between the Blue Crabs and Barnstormers on July 6,” said Blue Crabs Assistant General Manager Omar Roque, and a noted Michael Jackson enthusiast.

For more information about Michael Jackson tribute night on July 6, and to purchase tickets, please call 301-638-9788 or visit the Southern Maryland Blue Crabs online at www.somdbluecrabs.com.

http://www.thebaynet.com/news/index.cfm/fa/viewstory/story_ID/13806

So, if there's any fans in Southern Maryland let me know if you'll be attending.

The post by Lisa Marie was very honest and gave some insight into her past statements. The article really didn't summarize it all. She talked about the need for trying to become indifferent but how any bad feelings have been completely wiped away. It came across as the indifferent and angry feelings were moreso defense mechanisms. It seems obvious that she still has a deep connection there.

Can the coroner release info. without the family's consent?

http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20287787_20287918,00.html

Debbie Rowe: I'm the Legal Parent of Two of Michael Jackson's Kids

With Michael Jackson's death, what will become of his three children?

Debbie Rowe, the mother of Prince Michael, 12, and Paris, 11, is their legal parent and can gain custody of them if she chooses, according to Rowe's former attorney, Iris Finsilver.

Prince Michael, Paris and Jackson's third child, Blanket, 7, whose mother has not been identified, have been in the care of Jackson's mother Katherine since the entertainer died Thursday after a cardiac arrest. "The kids are very upset, but the are fine," Jackson's manager, Frank DiLeo, tells PEOPLE.

During the custody fight between Rowe and Jackson in 2005, Rowe sought to give up her parental rights, and lauded Michael as a good father. Retired Judge Stephen Lachs, who presided over the hearing, at first agreed to terminate them, but then Lachs changed his mind and returned the rights to her.

"She lost them, and then she got them back," Finsilver says. Finsilver said she spoke to Rowe on Thursday but she cannot say what Rowe plans to do. "She was inconsolable."

Jackson family attorney Brian Oxman says Jackson's mother, the family matriarch, would be a natural guardian for the kids, though it won't be her decision.

"Katherine is the logical choice – she has all the grandkids and nieces around her but it will be up to the courts," Oxman tells PEOPLE. "I wouldn't be surprised if there are more proceedings regarding the children."

Back