June 25, 2013 Remembering Michael - News, Fan Tributes, Pictures from Forest Lawn & Neverland etc.

Re: June 25, 2013 Remembering Michael - News, Fan Tributes, Pictures from Forest Lawn & Neverland e

so beautiful flowers and cards...miss you Michael, our sweet angel!

Gone But Never Forgotten’: Fans Flood Twitter With Tribute For Michael Jackson
Posted by: Channels Television Posted date: June 25, 2013
http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013...ackson/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Four years on and almost all of us can still remember the exact moment when they discovered that Michael Jackson, the most influential artist of all time, had suddenly died just weeks before the star was meant to be playing a staggering 50 dates at London’s 02 Arena for his ‘This Is It’ residency.

His loss is still as felt as fresh as ever as millions of fans have taken to Twitter to pay tribute to the legend.

@LinesofLogic Said I still remember where I was when I heard that Michael Jackson died. It’s crazy how it’s been four years already.

@KateSangalang8 posting: “Michael Jackson, he was honestly my biggest idol since I was 6, till now im 17. Love him so much. The TRUE LEGENDWhile @WiLD_hOOligan tweeted: “RIP to the greatest entertainer of all time. The legendary MIchael Jackson. It’s been four years and your gone but never ever forgotten.?”(sic)

@TheMosMorales showed his devastaion four years on writing: “Four years since we lost an icon, was too young and too talented. R.I.P. king of pop Michael Jackson”

To say that Michael Jackson is a musical legend would be an understatement. During his career, he released one of the best-selling albums of all time, won 13 Grammys and earned upwards of $500 million (and that’s just the short list).

Michael Joseph Jackson was born in Gary, Indiana on August 29, 1958. He was the seventh child of nine children to Joseph and Katherine Jackson and was born into a typical working class family. The city of Gary is 25 miles from downtown Chicago and is famous for its massive steel industry.

Taj Jackson ‏@tajjackson3 1h
His legacy is not only what he created during his lifetime, It's all that he gave during it. #MichaelJackson #TheGreatest #LongLiveTheKing

jaafar jackson @jaafarjjackson
On this day we lost a very loved one. #RIP uncle Michael. I love you

Chris Tucker@Remembering my boy Michael Jackson today as I round out my world tour.

Re: June 25, 2013 Remembering Michael - News, Fan Tributes, Pictures from Forest Lawn & Neverland e

http://www.tmz.com/2013/06/25/michael-jacksons-grave-flowers-anniversary-death/

Michael Jackson's Grave
FLOWERS EVERYWHERE On Death Anniversary

0625-michael-jackson-forest-lawn-1.jpg

0625-michael-jackson-forest-lawn-sub-1.jpg

Michael Jackson passed away 4 years ago today -- you probably forgot ... but MJ's biggest fans definitely did not, leaving massive piles of flowers outside the King of Pop's mausoleum today.

To give you an idea, one MJ fan group -- called "One Rose for Michael Jackson" -- donated more than 10,000 roses to the grave site.

A rep for Forest Lawn cemetery tells TMZ, fans will continue to be allowed to place flowers at MJ's grave throughout the day ... and the flowers will remain on site for the rest of the week.

TMZ broke the story ... Jackson died from a fatal dose of Propofol on June 25th, 2009. His doctor is currently in jail.

Last edited:

Michael, each rose says I love you MOST.

BNnE96ACEAI6kcZ.jpg

Wyclef Jean ?@wyclef 20m
"To give someone a piece of your heart, is worth more than all the wealth in the world." Michael Jackson #legend #legacy

Shana Mangatal ?@ImShanaMangatal 4h
They say time heals all wounds.I can honestly say, that's not true.Some wounds linger on & get deeper as each year goes by. #MichaelJackson

:heart:

Keya Morgan ?@KeyaMorgan 2m

On this day in 2009 we lost Michael Jackson, the greatest entertainer in history. We love you & miss you #MJ
BNn8dkuCAAAGeQR.jpg

From the Legendary and Most Beautiful Moonwalker:

"Consciousness expresses itself through creation. This world we live in is the dance of the creator. Dancers come and go in a twinkling of an eye but the dance lives on. On many an occasion when I'm dancing, I've felt touched by something sacred. In those moments, I've felt my spirit soar and become one with everything that exists. I become the stars and the moon. I become the lover and the beloved. I become the victor and the vanquished. I become the master and the slave. I become the singer and the song. I become the knower and the known. I keep on dancing and then, it is the eternal dance of creation. The creator and creation merge into one wholeness of joy.

I keep on dancing and dancing . . . . and dancing, until there is only . . . . the dance." (Michael Jackson, Dancing the Dream)

@RodneyJerkins
You cared, you loved, you gave, you inspired many and i'm proud to know that we were friends! R.I.P to the greatest ever Michael Jackson!

I hate this day, because Michael isn't gone at all in my heart and my mind.. I talk and think about him as if he is still here.. but this day confronts me with the fact that he is indeed no longer with us :cry: But, in trying to be positive, seeing how he is showered with love from people all around the world is so lovely, it really brings a tear to my eye.

His genuinely kind heart, his beautiful message to the world, his caring and loving nature, his amazing talents.. He inspires me to be the best I can be. To be kind and giving, and to always act out of love. To live from the heart.
He has literally given us all he had to give, and I'm so thankful for all he's given us :heart:

Michael I love you :wub:

sweet_smile_by_ajacqmain-d4tlzx9.gif
I could not have said it better Lil, your words express exactly what I feel. :heart:

Lark

Michael Jackson is still alive in the memory of his fans
Tuesday, June 25, 2013

It’s been 4 years since the death of the “King of Pop”, however, his memory, history, scandals and especially his music do not die and remain latent in the hearts of his followers.

Despite the constant news from the Jackson family, most of them controversial, his fans around the world as well as large international artists continue to pay tribute to this unique artist. For example, singer and dancer Chris Brown, who honors him in his video Fine China.

Currently, the Jackson family faced difficult times following the attempted suicide of Paris, Michale’s 15 year old daughter. Paris is still receiving continuous therapy for depression.

Meanwhile, Katherine Jackson, mother of the late star holds a lawsuit against AEG Live company, responsible for producing the concerts of the “King of Pop” for alleged civil responsibility in the artist’s death.

Jackson died on June 25, 2009 at his home in Holmby Hills, Bel Air, Los Angeles. His personal doctor, Conrad Murray, said finding him in bed, not breathing and with a faint pulse, and that their attempts to revive him were unsuccessful. Murray acknowledged have injected him with propofol, a strong anesthetic that should be administered with monitoring equipment and adequate resuscitation, which Murray did not have and that apparently was the cause of death.
http://www.ecuadortimes.net/2013/06/25/michael-jackson-is-still-alive-in-the-memory-of-his-fans/

michael bearden ‏@MichaelBearden
Hey, MJ fans! Feel free to share this soundcloud link for free! It's all for love! Spread it far and wide. M~ #MJ4Life

One Last Goodbye feat. Michael Bearden http://soundcloud.com/michael-beard...michael-bearden/one-last-goodbye-feat-michael

michael bearden michael bearden ‏@MichaelBearden 1h
4 years ago! The world lost an icon, I a friend. Love and legacy lives forever! R.I.P. MJ. You are still loved! M~ pic.twitter.com/GrADWjFa6W

R.i.p

This is a day when I'm sent back to reality, so to speak, because as Lil said I always think of Michael as if he is here, I'm never sad (perhaps just occasionally when I'm moved by something I hear or read) but other than that HE keeps me happy with the music, dance, the smiles and love every day... you know. June 25th is sad and although I try to avoid the sadness, at one point it hits me and I can't help it. Despite that, tributes like onerose4mjj make it beautiful and cheerful. It's overwhelming to see all the roses next to his resting place, seeing all the LOVE the world still has for that beautiful man both brings a big smile to my face and makes me wish they were gathered for other reasons. Michael, I miss you every day of my life, I love you like I haven't loved a man before and I'll continue to do so until the day I leave this earth... thank you for all you gave us. I love you :heart:

1010170_10151567102494093_1213672216_n.jpg

Beautifully said MjsLovelyOne88 :cry: I so know what you mean.. :huggy:

Such beautiful photos for a beautiful heart. Michael, this world didn't deserve you. I love you and miss you :heart:

Where are you Michael?????????? WHERE??? PLEASE COME BACK!!! :(

Michael Jackson's legacy rocked, not wrecked, by trial
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...ackson-legacy-four-years-after-death/2449131/
Source: USA Today – By Edna Gundersen

A wrongful-death suit revives image problems, but the late icon’s artistic stature is unassailable, experts say.
Michael Jackson died four years ago June 25, leaving behind a remarkable body of work, a mountain of debt, a squabbling family and a scandal-plagued specter.He has yet to rest in peace.
Since 2009, the singer’s estate has grown, along with appreciation for his artistry, but his private life has been undergoing renewed scrutiny in the ongoing wrongful-death suit pitting his mother against AEG Live.
For years, Jackson’s character has been battered but not destroyed by allegations of child molestation, substance abuse, cosmetic procedures and so-called abnormal behavior. As testimony revisits the pop superstar’s frailties and drug use in detail, will the freshly exhumed indignities damage Jackson’s legacy?
Courtroom mud may not be enough to dethrone the King of Pop, say some of his closest observers.“It’s rehashing what’s already been rehashed,” says Gail Mitchell, Billboard senior editor. “This is just confirmation of what we already know or what’s been gossiped about. People don’t care anymore. It might be burnout. I haven’t seen any backlash. When I talk to emerging R&B and pop types about their influences, Michael’s name invariably comes up.”
A prime example is hot Danish electro-soul duo Quadron, which covered Thriller track Baby Be Mine and pays tribute to Jackson on new album Avalanche with the song Neverland, about an obsessed fan who impersonates the singer.Revelations of Jackson’s foibles haven’t contaminated his artistic profile, says Quadron musician/producer Robin Hannibal, who sees improvement in the star’s image since his death.“And it will be more so, the longer time passes by,” he says. “All the media trash and paparazzi stuff will have evaporated and feel less important, and there will be even more focus on his artistry.
“MJ has meant a lot to us in our music. He is always present in the back of our heads when we create, and we often ask ourselves, ‘What would MJ do?’ His work ethic, talent and pursuit for perfecting his art is a huge inspiration.”Jackson imprinted Quadron’s sound in the same way he will continue to shape new generations of artists, Hannibal says.
“He was a perfectionist, but he also added a lot of emotion and honesty,” he says. “He put himself on the line. … His belief in what he did is also extremely inspiring. He shaped the modern pop song, in regard to structure, arrangement and his use of harmonies and ad-libs. He was able to mix big ballads, guitar-driven songs and R&B into the same albums.”Has the public sequestered the King of Pop from his dirty laundry?
“As the global amnesia brought on by Jackson’s death suggested, many have no problem embracing him and his often-transcendent music while ignoring his tragic and troubling life,” Varga says. “Yes, his legacy may be further tarnished by the trial. But Jackson will likely go on to rival Elvis Presley as a superstar who becomes even more lucrative in death than in life.”
“Four years after his death, Michael Jackson’s earning power is incredibly strong,” says Zack O’Malley Greenburg, a Forbes senior editor and author of the upcoming Michael Jackson, Inc. (Atria). “In fact, it’s as high as — or higher than — that of any living musical act, based on the income totals we track here at Forbes. In light of that performance, it seems unlikely the trial will affect the King of Pop’s ability to earn big from beyond the grave.”
Estimates of his posthumous net worth range from $600 million to $1 billion. When he died, he was at least $400 million in debt. And his stardom was stained.
“He was in a really bad place with all the child molestation allegations,” says Jermaine Hall, Vibe editor. “After he died, we almost immediately got back to celebrating his music. I do think people are able to separate the man from the music, despite all the stuff coming out now. You’ve been hearing it so long, you’re almost desensitized. We’re aware of his personal troubles. I don’t think the trial will have a huge impact on his legacy.”
The pop icon’s stature can withstand a thrashing, says Jackson authority Joseph Vogel, author of 2011′s Man in the Music: The Creative Life and Work of Michael Jackson.
“In most ways, the trial humanizes him,” Vogel says. “Historically, so many great artists are tragic figures, from Jim Morrison to Marvin Gaye to Kurt Cobain. Michael’s life was complicated, but we’ve reached the point where his art is what people really care about. The more distance we get, the more his legacy comes into focus. I mean, Michael Jackson not only revolutionized music, but short films, dance, fashion, performance. His influence is everywhere, from Bruno Mars to Lady Gaga to Kanye West.”
The public is weary of sensational headlines, which won’t prevent anyone from buying Off the Wall or Bad, he says.“People already knew about Michael’s anxieties and health issues, including his sleep problems,” Vogel says. “Ten, 20, 100 years from now, people won’t be going back to TMZ, but they will be listening to Billie Jean and Human Nature.”
Granted, there’s an “icky quality” to much of Jackson’s story, says Robert Thompson, a professor of pop culture at Syracuse University. But his enormous talent and fame afforded him latitude denied to ordinary mortals in the rational world.“But while he was alive, there was a notion that he was so rich and so famous at such a young age that it almost exiled him from humanity and he ended up on Planet Michael.”
Megastars dim. Just ask any Millennial about such yesteryear giants as actress Sarah Bernhardt, opera star Jenny Lind or crooner Rudy Vallée.
“For all their enormous penetration, they didn’t make that transition over a couple of generations,” Thompson says. “Michael Jackson is not going to be one of those. We are talking about a magnitude of cultural mythology that very few people share.”
A few legal maneuvers in a Los Angeles courtroom are unlikely to threaten Jackson’s towering stature.
“Where are we going to be when the smoke clears?” Thompson says. There was a cleansing to his story. OK, this wipes it all away.“But that legend is intact.”

1011844_584264671618814_1359486267_n.jpg

Ad from Pepsi posted in Germany today...

BNn1lZBCIAAAxkE.jpg

BNn3l0cCEAAp_-v.jpg

BNn4VrwCQAAC1i0.jpg

Moscow

21337_10151518557391309_1351497634_n.jpg
943525_10151518559266309_1856409073_n.jpg

1012693_10151518558871309_1791895324_n.jpg
946516_10151518557106309_1239488577_n.jpg

Munich...Siegfried & Roy visited

Like you guys I know how hard this day is. I hate it. I wish this day didn't exists. But I'm dealing with it as much as i can right now. I haven't listened to Michael's music. I did watch a couple youtube videos and one made me cry. Other then that i haven't done much because its just too hard still. i cant listen to his music without crying or watch anything Michael related without crying eather. Michael ment so much to us all. I wish so badly he was still here. But i know in my heart he's in heaven. I wish i could go to forest lawn, Neverland, and Michael's star on the walk on fame and honor him in the way he deserves but im not able to. I hope i get to one day and finally say my good bye to him. I hope you all are getting through today ok. I know its hard but we can get through it together. Michael would want us to be happy not be sad. even though its so hard not to be. I know Im sad today and i will always be sad every year on this day. Michael is looking down on us all and I'm sure he is happy now and finally at peace. I Love you Michael. My sweet Angel I miss you so much! :'(

Frank Cascio@fdcascio2h

"Remember the Time"
I have been fortunate and blessed. Thank you for the greatest adventure. L.O.V.E. Frank
BNn3gMkCYAA0LyE.jpg

Travis Payne
Dearest Michael, The only way I am dealing with losing you is Remembering The Times we shared over the years. I miss, love and salute you today and Forever! - Travis Payne#Michael #Forever
1010924_10151758037842526_1666509478_n.jpg

Spike Lee ?@SpikeLee 1h

Michael Joseph Jackson Left Us In His Physical Form 4 Years Ago Today. He Is At Peace

Back