June 23rd rehearsals- 11/12 songs as confirmed

Stranger

Proud Member
I noticed something while watching the blue ray..the pictures that appear when the menu plays are all from the 23rd June rehearsals. They weren't lying when they said they went through a part-dress rehearsal of 11 or 12 songs...

I wish they'd showed us the whole 23rd June rehearsals. Then we'd have a close idea of what the concert would have been like. You can tell when the clips are from them because MJ is wearing black jeans and red shirt and the screen plays the video/pictures as they were planning to show.

Wanna be- "This is It" on screen
Jam
Drill/TDCAU - army film
Human Nature
Smooth Criminal- city background (including when MJ is talking at the start; he has the white coat and white fedora on)
TWYMMF- city background (blue shirt on top of red)
J5 medley- J5 logo and staircase
Dancers- J5 screen (white shirt on top of red)
IJCSLU- this is not in the film, but in the pictures with the hall of mirrors. Judith is wearing a silver dress and MJ has the white shirt on again. He's using a hand held microphone and in the pictures they hold hands.
Thriller- again this is not in the film. Instead it uses 24th June footage with full haunted house screen behind)
Beat It- the cherry picker scene and silver jacket clips
Black or white- again, silver jacket -full performance
Earth song, Billie jean Man in the mirror- not featured.

So it looks like they really did bring everything together on the last two days. IJCSLU looks beautiful. I wish they'd show us it. He also performed dangerous on the 23rd cos you can tell by the clothes in the pictures. He danced the best on that day and he seemed so happy...if only...:(

Edit: Also, I thought Heal the world was performed on the 24th? Kenny said it was the last song he performed..do you think the live track played in the credits was from that?

Last edited:
The rehearsals from the 23rd of June are Mike in the gray Tom ford suit and the red mission lion shirt , TII contains 7 songs from that day... they are

1-WBSS
2-Jam
3-TDCAU
4-Human nature
5-smooth criminal
6- The way you make me feel
7-J5 medley

I would have loved to seen photos from the 6/24 rehearsals.

That would be the day he was wearing the baggy ED Hardy pants , and that Bomb jacket , where he performed Thriller and Earth song , at the end of the day he took that Jacket off and wore the gray jacket he had on the day before , you could see that at the end credits or the video for TII :yes:

This is true, the Earth Song performance and the end of Thriller are from the 24th.

I think HTW during the ending credits is from rehearsals, some have said that it wasn't and they just lowered the tempo of the original recording. But I don't want to believe that, it just doesn't sound like thats the case.

It is hard knowing which songs are from the 24th rehearsals....If you close your eyes you can see him performing these songs...:(......He was so full of life...so full of wanting to bring us his fans ..and his children one of his best performances ever...:cry:

I think HTW during the ending credits is from rehearsals, some have said that it wasn't and they just lowered the tempo of the original recording. But I don't want to believe that, it just doesn't sound like thats the case.

well sorry but it is the case.
Play the songs neck to neck, it's the same vocals and everything, there's NO differance. there would have been if the song was live.
the first thing I reacted to when hearing the song being played at the end I thought, omg they lowered his vocals..why?? it doesn't sound too good because his voice is perfect as it IS in the original recording. well, just so it would sound slightly differant. that's why they did it I guess.
perhaps Michael didn't intend to sing that song live and that was the version he was going to use in the concerts, lowered vocals.. who knows

god. what i would do to have saved him.. if i knew :(

Well you're probably right, It just sounded live to me and for awhile I believed it was, thanks for the clarification. :)

no problem,if you listen to the end of heal the world on TII though, he sings, heal the world..all of the children and so on.
which is identical to history live in munich so I think they used that version and lowered his vocals

The rehearsals from the 23rd of June are Mike in the gray Tom ford suit and the red mission lion shirt , TII contains 7 songs from that day... they are

1-WBSS
2-Jam
3-TDCAU
4-Human nature
5-smooth criminal
6- The way you make me feel
7-J5 medley

Black or White was that day as well.

The photographer was only there for one day - the 23rd. he gave the BBC an interview about it in the days after MJ died.

So any proper rehearsal photos were taken on 23rd, including BoW in the long coat.

Back