June 10, 2009 News / Mentionings

MsSnoop

Proud Member
Michael Jackson News:

uewb_06_img0369.jpg

David Copperfield Was Never On Jackson UK Tour

by Paul Cashmere - June 10 2009

Stories in the UK press that David Copperfield was going to perform on the upcoming Michael Jackson London shows are completely false.

“They are 100% not true,” David Copperfield tells Undercover News.

The story surfaced in April and then blew up into a full scale disagreement between Jackson and Copperfield over money. “That release came out on April Fool’s Day and we thought it was a big joke,” he says. “He is a friend of mine from years ago. I haven’t spoken to him in two years and all this press started coming out. No there was never any money discussed or even working on the tour itself. It’s amazing where that came from. Don’t believe what you read. A lot of it is totally made up. I wish him well with the tour. He has been through a lot.”

Copperfield and Jackson have performed together in the past. “We worked together over 10 years ago on one of his other tours so there was contact in the past, but for over 10 years there has not been any kind of working relationship at all,” he said to Undercover.

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=8486

MJJC Members!
elusive moonwalker
Ixian

201278.jpg

Michael Jackson Mentionings:

China.org.cn -
Born in the US state of Hawaii, he traces his musical roots to such influences as Steve Wonder, Marvin Gaye, Michael Jackson and Eric Clapton. ...

E! Online - My favorite artists are artists that are theatrical," says Adam, citing David Bowie, Michael Jackson and Madonna as influences. That said, Adam is realistic ...
Salsa group off to Singapore

Marlborough Express -
"We do a performance to Michael Jackson's Smooth Criminal. "Technically, we're not as good as the top salsa dancers. We just don't have the years, ...

NBA PM: Contesting The Age Limit

HoopsWorld -
... tennis and golf, or be an entertainer like Elvis, other entertainers, Stevie Wonder or Michael Jackson. . .at any age," Cohen told KTAR in Phoenix. ...

Jim Hill Media.com -
You were somewhat depressed when Michael Jackson pulled the plug on that memorabilia auction that Julien's Auctions had scheduled for earlier this year. ...

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1995 - The Michael Jackson and Janet Jackson duet "Scream" hit #3 in the U.K.​

David Copperfield Was Never On Jackson UK Tour

by Paul Cashmere - June 10 2009

Stories in the UK press that David Copperfield was going to perform on the upcoming Michael Jackson London shows are completely false.

“They are 100% not true,” David Copperfield tells Undercover News.

The story surfaced in April and then blew up into a full scale disagreement between Jackson and Copperfield over money. “That release came out on April Fool’s Day and we thought it was a big joke,” he says. “He is a friend of mine from years ago. I haven’t spoken to him in two years and all this press started coming out. No there was never any money discussed or even working on the tour itself. It’s amazing where that came from. Don’t believe what you read. A lot of it is totally made up. I wish him well with the tour. He has been through a lot.”

Copperfield and Jackson have performed together in the past. “We worked together over 10 years ago on one of his other tours so there was contact in the past, but for over 10 years there has not been any kind of working relationship at all,” he said to Undercover.

...yeah..this is why the majority of stuff i read about MJ second hand is hard for me to believe. sometimes i feel somebody has to be a celebrity like David Copperfield, in order to not get mad at me for being so skeptical. lol. cus that's the only way they'd understand.

So what are tech rehearsals??

THIS IS ONLY MY ASSUMPTION DON'T TAKE IT AS GOSPEL:
Tech rehearsals must have to deal with lighting, sound, maybe video play during the show, I guess checking to see if everything works stuff like that. Then again it can mean something totally different...

THIS IS ONLY MY ASSUMPTION DON'T TAKE IT AS GOSPEL:
Tech rehearsals must have to deal with lighting, sound, maybe video play during the show, I guess checking to see if everything works stuff like that. Then again it can mean something totally different...

i tweeted him like 3sec after he posted it lmao. i thought it meant pyro and stuff lol

Tech is short for technical. So the rehearsal would deal with lighting, sound, special effects, hydraulics, etc - making sure that everything is on cue, sounds good, looks good, etc.

1099211130.jpg

Big Ali said, in a small interview with Ketnet (a tv channel for kids from Flanders)
that the one person he'd like to work with is Michael Jackson!
He said "I'm not a fan, I'm a fanatic, I'm a fanatic!"
He also entered the studio while 'Thriller' was playing in the background.
I just knew Michael would be mentioned!
When they asked who he'd like to work with in the future I just knew he was going to say Michael Jackson :imbad

That was easily the dumbest question I ever heard. "Why wouldn't I be able to?" lol

I was writing an e-mail to deerdana (deerdana.com), asking for a Michael-shirt that's the response:

Hello! I actually would love to do a shirt of Michael Jackson, I am still searching for the best image to do it from. Let me know if you have one in mind.

XD

I don't understand...is this a new thing??

***** Accused of Singing Conspiracy

Posted Jun 10th 2009 12:38PM by TMZ Staff
0610_michael_jackson_ex.jpg

Michael Jackson turned on his own flesh and blood by torpedoing a family reunion concert, according to a lawsuit that was just filed.

AllGood Entertainment just filed a Federal lawsuit, claiming Jackson reneged on his promise to perform with his brothers and sister Janet before performing any other concerts on his own.

After allegedly agreeing to the deal with AllGood -- the company that was producing the family concert -- Jackson inked a separate deal to perform a series of concerts in London.

According to the suit, Jackson and his manager, Frank Dileo, "secretly teamed up with AEG [the London producer]" knowing full well that Jackson committed to doing the family concert first.

AllGood claims its deal with ***** prohibited him from signing any other contracts until 3 months after he performed the family concert.

Jackson has claimed he never signed the deal with AllGood -- his manager did. AllGood says the manager speaks for Jackson.

AllGood is suing for $20 million -- minimum. The company is also asking the judge to derail the London concerts, scheduled to kick off next month.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/06/10/*****-accused-of-singing-conspiracy/

According to the suit, Jackson and his manager, Frank Dileo, "secretly teamed up with AEG [the London producer]" knowing full well that Jackson committed to doing the family concert first.

Well this is gonna be interesting.

If I'm not mistaken, Randy Phillips said that he did the deal with Dr. Tohme and MJ. I don't believe I have ever heard Mr. Phillips use Frank DiLeo's name.

Also, how can you sue regarding a "FAMILY" concert, when the brothers said that they know nothing about it and nobody ever spoke to them about it.

I don't understand...is this a new thing??

***** Accused of Singing Conspiracy

Posted Jun 10th 2009 12:38PM by TMZ Staff
0610_michael_jackson_ex.jpg

Michael Jackson turned on his own flesh and blood by torpedoing a family reunion concert, according to a lawsuit that was just filed.

AllGood Entertainment just filed a Federal lawsuit, claiming Jackson reneged on his promise to perform with his brothers and sister Janet before performing any other concerts on his own.

After allegedly agreeing to the deal with AllGood -- the company that was producing the family concert -- Jackson inked a separate deal to perform a series of concerts in London.

AllGood claims its deal with ***** prohibited him from signing any other contracts until 3 months after he performed the family concert.

Jackson has claimed he never signed the deal with AllGood -- his manager did. AllGood says the manager speaks for Jackson.

AllGood is suing for $20 million -- minimum. The company is also asking the judge to derail the London concerts, scheduled to kick off next month.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/06/10/*****-accused-of-singing-conspiracy/

boy, do these idiots know how to write sensational headlines or what?

Well this is gonna be interesting.

If I'm not mistaken, Randy Phillips said that he did the deal with Dr. Tohme and MJ. I don't believe I have ever heard Mr. Phillips use Frank DiLeo's name.

Also, how can you sue regarding a "FAMILY" concert, when the brothers said that they know nothing about it and nobody ever spoke to them about it.

Just surmising here, but with the things we've heard SOME of the brothers say about wanting to re-unite for a show again, it's possible Dileo was assuming something like this wouldn't be a problem, that they'd just fall into place. Hard for me to even assume whether Janet would go along with it, and I have no idea what Rebbie or LaToya would say.

Just surmising here, but with the things we've heard SOME of the brothers say about wanting to re-unite for a show again, it's possible Dileo was assuming something like this wouldn't be a problem, that they'd just fall into place. Hard for me to even assume whether Janet would go along with it, and I have no idea what Rebbie or LaToya would say.

Why do I get the feeling that AGE filed the lawsuit against Michael to force the entire family to do the show that they were never approached to do and at the same time to (IMO rightfully) punish Frank for biting off more than he could chew?

Michael needs to make a public statement making it clear that unless he personally signs an agreement, there is no agreement. Others may think they are able to discuss projects but he is the only one who can rubber stamp it.

I think AEG will step in a kick Allgood's backside good and hard.

Back