Judge to Jackson Estate: Go Forth and Multiply (7/8/09)

sunnyday81

Proud Member
Judge approves Jackson collectors' items

By ANTHONY McCARTNEY (AP) – 7 minutes ago
LOS ANGELES — The King of Pop is coming to calendars and collectors' coin cases after a judge approved several deals involving the singer's estate.
Attorneys for the current administrators of Michael Jackson's estate presented the deals for approval Friday morning. Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Mitchell Beckloff signed off on agreements for Jackson-themed items including calendars, school supplies, posters and a commemorative coin.
Beckloff has scheduled a hearing on Monday to decide whether to approve other deals involving Jackson, including a movie project that would feature the singer's final rehearsals and preparations for a series of comeback concerts in London.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iXymRgocDsCEKxjV2DORLQX8UjbgD99UBR8O1

Judge to Jackson Estate: Go Forth and Multiply

Posted Aug 7th 2009 7:19PM by

A judge just gave the okay to the special administrators of Michael Jackson's estate to market M.J. all over the place -- the re-publication of "Moonwalk," the merchandising, and the release of Jermaine Jackson's rendition of "Smile" at Michael's memorial.

The administrators wanted to strike the deal quickly because of "a heightened demand for such products due to Jermaine Jackson's moving performance during the memorial service, which may diminish over time."

The deal also includes various memorabilia, such as a 2010 calendar, commemorative coins, school supplies, cardboard cutouts, posters and buttons.

so im gonna buy a coin cuz jermaine messed up 'smile' at thememorial? im confused. i was there, it wasn't all that

I am looking forward to having an
official 2010 Michael Jackson Calendar.
girldance.gif

i wish they would release all available tours of Michael from the Jackson 5 days to now.

so im gonna buy a coin cuz jermaine messed up 'smile' at thememorial? im confused. i was there, it wasn't all that

I thought I was the only one that thought he was too choked up or something to be singing that song. I don't think I'd buy that version.

I thought I was the only one that thought he was too choked up or something to be singing that song. I don't think I'd buy that version.
no it was bad as hell cuz he ain't know the words and his range was gone. jerm used to be abomb ass singer so um....i guess when u compare it to mj then the standards are too high but omg i forgot i was there and so close. i almost wanted to ....thank god jb jb shaun straja in muscow was thurr to stop me before i almost started

Come on now, So So Deaf.....sh**....first of all yesterday I'm arguing with you over attacking Frank Dileo, now it's Jermaine. Damn.

First of all, I don't know if your username is a reference to the great Jermaine Dupri, but if it is....props to you on that. As a club DJ and a music enthusiast for nearly all 30 years of my life, I totally appreciate that (if that's what your username symbolizes). And by the way, my DJ name is DJ Def Dave. :)

But that said....damn...you too harsh, for real. Jermaine did the best damn job he could do with "Smile", given the fact that he just lost his little brother and he was singing one of his brother's favorite songs, while standing in front of his casket. Come on....seriously.

Mark me down as one who would buy that single if they released Jermaine's emotional rendition of "Smile" from the memorial. That moved me more than anything else during the memorial besides seeing Mike's daughter crying (oh man....don't get me started on that...that right there was......that was tough to watch without breaking down).

Come on, So So Deaf. I'm as big an MJ fan as the next guy (probably a ****ton more actually...been a fan since 83), but give Jermaine a break. To us, the King of Pop died, but to him, his little brother died. Give him some credit, please. :)

EDIT: By the way, by pure coincidence I'm sitting here typing this and Jermaine Jackson's "Do What You Do" comes on my media player shuffle. LOL Yes, Jermaine sang better back in the day, but cut the man some slack, yall. Hes been out of the pop music spotlight for how long? And how do you think you'd sound singing a song your dead (I HATE typing that word) brother wrote? Let's get real.

Come on now, So So Deaf.....sh**....first of all yesterday I'm arguing with you over attacking Frank Dileo, now it's Jermaine. Damn.

First of all, I don't know if your username is a reference to the great Jermaine Dupri, but if it is....props to you on that. As a club DJ and a music enthusiast for nearly all 30 years of my life, I totally appreciate that (if that's what your username symbolizes). And by the way, my DJ name is DJ Def Dave. :)

But that said....damn...you too harsh, for real. Jermaine did the best damn job he could do with "Smile", given the fact that he just lost his little brother and he was singing one of his brother's favorite songs, while standing in front of his casket. Come on....seriously.

Mark me down as one who would buy that single if they released Jermaine's emotional rendition of "Smile" from the memorial. That moved me more than anything else during the memorial besides seeing Mike's daughter crying (oh man....don't get me started on that...that right there was......that was tough to watch without breaking down).

Come on, So So Deaf. I'm as big an MJ fan as the next guy (probably a ****ton more actually...been a fan since 83), but give Jermaine a break. To us, the King of Pop died, but to him, his little brother died. Give him some credit, please. :)

EDIT: By the way, by pure coincidence I'm sitting here typing this and Jermaine Jackson's "Do What You Do" comes on my media player shuffle. LOL Yes, Jermaine sang better back in the day, but cut the man some slack, yall. Hes been out of the pop music spotlight for how long? And how do you think you'd sound singing a song your dead (I HATE typing that word) brother wrote? Let's get real.

i ain't got no probs w/ jermaine. i just don't see the damn logic in him continuing to open his mouth when he can't answer questions. if u don't know or u were told not to say anything, what the hell r u gonna say for an hr? lol

i understand he was emotional but y try to release it as a single? y try to do a duet w/ larry king's wife? i don't get it.

bury ur brother first, wait and see what's to come of all the lapd/lada searches etc...and THEN honour him.

this is fact finding time not air time. and im not suggesting that he wants face time, im suggesting that they're trying too hard to make mj seem like a great man.

if diane dimond went on tv and said mj was a great father (like she did on et multiple times)then it can be safe to say that he's already being viewed as such.

NOW he had vitiligo, NOW he was under stress, NOW he was a good father, NOW he was the best entertainer of our time. they're already saying that. so just fall back and wait it out. what's so hard about that?

and yes, i love me some mauldin! woot woot listening to money aint a thang! lol i used to be soso def but i thought it'd be a funny play on words to spell def as deaf to reflect my....deafness! haha

but all things aside, jermaine loved his brother. but just wait. y'all acting like he can't go on tv in a month and say this. there is no striking while the iron is hot in mj world. especially not now

it'd be awesome to buy sort of like a collector's version of all his tours, maybe ALL the j5 songs in one bundle....not just th ehits, but all of them.

but that's in awhile. right now we're still reeling from things

i ain't got no probs w/ jermaine. i just don't see the damn logic in him continuing to open his mouth when he can't answer questions. if u don't know or u were told not to say anything, what the hell r u gonna say for an hr? lol

i understand he was emotional but y try to release it as a single? y try to do a duet w/ larry king's wife? i don't get it.

bury ur brother first, wait and see what's to come of all the lapd/lada searches etc...and THEN honour him.

this is fact finding time not air time. and im not suggesting that he wants face time, im suggesting that they're trying too hard to make mj seem like a great man.

if diane dimond went on tv and said mj was a great father (like she did on et multiple times)then it can be safe to say that he's already being viewed as such.

NOW he had vitiligo, NOW he was under stress, NOW he was a good father, NOW he was the best entertainer of our time. they're already saying that. so just fall back and wait it out. what's so hard about that?

and yes, i love me some mauldin! woot woot listening to money aint a thang! lol i used to be soso def but i thought it'd be a funny play on words to spell def as deaf to reflect my....deafness! haha

but all things aside, jermaine loved his brother. but just wait. y'all acting like he can't go on tv in a month and say this. there is no striking while the iron is hot in mj world. especially not now

Got to say I with So So on this...its all a little...too much too soon in my eyes. there are people in MJs life who are retaining a dignified silence and not popping up all over the place...(Elizabeth Taylor for one!) and it would be nice to see him laid to rest before the piggy banks start jingling...its not like his estate isnt making money already with the increase in album sales?? ... okay MJ was on a come back...but the "strike while the iron is hot" mantra ....feels like someone wants to squeeze the pips out of the fans until we squeak!

I dont have any beef with Jermaine Jackson or how he sang "Smile" BUT I dont understand the need to release it as a single...lets have MJ singing Smile...be a bit more appropriate I think...the other thing that sits a little edgily with me..is Jermaine sat with Larry King at Neverland within days of MJs death talking about burying him there... okay we got to cut him a little slack..grief and all that....but Neverland...? MJ? It just feels a bit like cashing in to me...just my opinion !

Got to say I with So So on this...its all a little...too much too soon in my eyes. there are people in MJs life who are retaining a dignified silence and not popping up all over the place...(Elizabeth Taylor for one!) and it would be nice to see him laid to rest before the piggy banks start jingling...its not like his estate isnt making money already with the increase in album sales?? ... okay MJ was on a come back...but the "strike while the iron is hot" mantra ....feels like someone wants to squeeze the pips out of the fans until we squeak!

I dont have any beef with Jermaine Jackson or how he sang "Smile" BUT I dont understand the need to release it as a single...lets have MJ singing Smile...be a bit more appropriate I think...the other thing that sits a little edgily with me..is Jermaine sat with Larry King at Neverland within days of MJs death talking about burying him there... okay we got to cut him a little slack..grief and all that....but Neverland...? MJ? It just feels a bit like cashing in to me...just my opinion !

Jermaine isn't releasing it.

The estate is.

Take it up with them.

Cashing in for his KIDS.

Jermaine isn't releasing it.

The estate is.

Take it up with them.

Cashing in for his KIDS.

my mistake! so just to confirm only the kids will benefit?

I like your sig..

The Greed of Man etc.....

my mistake! so just to confirm only the kids will benefit?

I like your sig..

The Greed of Man etc.....

The singles from the memorial are being released on itunes by the permission of the estate.

The proceeds to the estate from which his mom gets 40%, his kids get 40% and the kids get 20%

and who asked for permission? they asked if it could be done. the estate agreed...it wasn't the other way around.

The singles from the memorial are being released on itunes by the permission of the estate.

The proceeds to the estate from which his mom gets 40%, his kids get 40% and the kids get 20%

who are "the kids"? please as opposed to "his kids"?

At least the proceeds of the song with Shawn King are going to charities right? I haven't been paying attention lol.

(am I the only person who is excited at the idea of MJ cardboard cutouts? lol)

Haha...:lmao:yeah i remember now. "Light up your face with sadness, Hide every trace of gladness,":eek:...i'm like dude...:bugeyed:wtf2that's messed up.

But to his credit, He corrected it *cough*when he went to Austria to receive an award in behalf of Mike. :D

Love,
Romi

At least the proceeds of the song with Shawn King are going to charities right? I haven't been paying attention lol.

(am I the only person who is excited at the idea of MJ cardboard cutouts? lol)

U aint the only one.

The Cardiac Foundation...for heart disease and Feed the Children and so on...:)

It'd sit better with me if people were interested in stocking stuff before MJ's death. Nobody would touch it before. :smilerolleyes:

Back