John Legend - EVOLVER

arXter

Proud Member
kexmxd.jpg

Evolver has leaked! :punk:I had to download it... I'm loving it thus far. It's not revolutionary, but it is a more uptempo oriented album, much more than "Once Again" was.

It's Over feat. Kanye West (Kanye uses auto-tune.. I guess he's loving it too now). I'm loving this one.

Its Over feat. Kanye West - John Legend

It's Over feat. Kanye West (Teddy Riley Remix) - I got excited when I saw Teddy's name, but this is rather uninspired. Not bad, just not nearly as good as the original version. It was the best song choice on the album to remix, but he just didn't do much with it.

Its Over (Teddy Riley Remix) - John Legend

Can't Be My Lover - John loves the reggae-flavored tracks, but this is flat-out reggae. I like this track too.

--------

new song that has popped up on itunes, from his Evolver album that's set for release later in the month.

it's a nice reggae/soul track, i like it. a few other tunes have leaked from the album.

John Legend feat. Estelle - No Other Love

&nbsp

Last edited:
Re: John Legend feat. Estelle - No Other Love

Get Out.

I was going to post this today. I bought it off iTunes and converted it to mp3 at work, but you beat me to it. I've been loving it, it gets better with each listen. I enjoyed "Green Light" too, but this is definitely more of a step up, it makes me look foward to the album more.

I pretty much love all of John Legend/Estelle's collabs (especially "Hey Girl")

John Legend definitely enjoys the reggae vibe. He's got some other tracks with a reggae feel: his remixes of "Used To Love U" and "Stay With You" have a reggae vibe, he's got two songs "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" with a reggae-feeling intro, and then he's got a great unreleased track called "Closer To You" that's got a reggae vibe as well.

This track (No Other Love) is probably the best of them all.

Stay With You (Remix) (Live) - John Legend

Used To Love U (Live) - John Legend

Dont Let Me Be Misunderstood - John Legend

Closer To You - John Legend

Last edited:

haha, i've only just come across it today. and yeah i wasn't as impressed with Green Light but this hit it for me.

thanks for the other mentions, i'm going to check them out. reggae's taken a step down from the mainstream today, i'm always on the lookout for more.

Evolver has leaked! :punk:I had to download it... I'm loving it thus far. It's not revolutionary, but it is a more uptempo oriented album, much more than "Once Again" was.

It's Over feat. Kanye West (Kanye uses auto-tune.. I guess he's loving it too now). I'm loving this one.

Its Over feat. Kanye West - John Legend

It's Over feat. Kanye West (Teddy Riley Remix) - I got excited when I saw Teddy's name, but this is rather uninspired. Not bad, just not nearly as good as the original version. It was the best song choice on the album to remix, but he just didn't do much with it.

Its Over (Teddy Riley Remix) - John Legend

Can't Be My Lover - John loves the reggae-flavored tracks, but this is flat-out reggae. I like this track too.

Last edited:
Re: John Legend - EVOLVER - drip drip

cheers, this album is a definite buy and, ^yep, better than Once Again.

though i don't know how Teddy made that album in any capacity,,,,,,

anyway, Everybody Knows, Cross The Line, Take Me Away, and Good Morning are great tracks.

be interesting to see public response, and hopefully ease my loathing of them lol

just got this cd, sounds pretty good. Green Light is stucking in my mind after 2 listenings, i love reagge rhythm in No Other Love, acoustic guitar in Everybody Knows and electric sound of Quickly:

but I guess there’s much more to discover with next listenings.

however i'm disappointed with the artwork, it sucks compared to Once Again as a whole and font is barely readable.

I loved the U2 cover of "Pride" he did for the MLK special on History Channel, it's beautiful, really something else.

I'm on the first listen now. I'm holding judgement until after a few spins, but so far what I've heard has been pretty good. It's not as good as his first two albums, and the rapper on Green Light is freaking annoying, but I'm liking what I'm hearing otherwise.

The rapper on Green Light is Andre 3000. One-half of Outkast. (He also did "Hey Ya" back in 2003... it was a pretty big hit).

My favorites are "No Other Love" and man, Pharell and Kanye really layed it down on "It's Over". The auto-tune effect actually sounds really awesome on this track. I said the song had an MJ vibe before I even knew Pharrell was part of the track, and now that I see he co-wrote the track, I can see why it has that MJ sound. Pharrell and The Neptunes have lots of tracks that sound like they could be performed by MJ.

I am enjoying it more with each listen. The DVD that came with it is rather lame though. The Get Lifted dual-disc feature was way better.

Last edited:
Back