Joe Jackson Gives Grandkids the Gift of His Absence

CherubimII

Proud Member
Joe Jackson Gives Grandkids the Gift of His Absence

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b137698_joe_jackson_gives_grandkids_gift_of_his.html
Today 3:37 PM PDT
293.jacksons.080409.jpg
AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill, Pool, Michael Buckner/Getty Images

No word yet on what he'll do if Prince, Paris and Blanket end up being able to sing and dance like his late son, but for now, Joe Jackson doesn't plan on being too involved in their formative years.

But the Jackson family patriarch lent his full support to estranged wife Katherine, who has been awarded permanent custody of Michael Jackson's brood, in a two-page declaration filed Monday in Los Angeles Superior Court.
Calling Katherine Jackson "a wonderful caretaker and guardian" who has done "an excellent job raising our children and other grandchildren," Joe, who makes his permanent home in Las Vegas, admitted that he only occasionally visits the family's Encino, Calif., compound.
"I have had a close family relationship with these grandchildren since their birth," he stated. "I do visit the family residence from time to time and will continue to do so, however I will not be involved in raising the children."
So, sad news? Or the best thing to ever happen to those kids?
Michael Jackson talked extensively some years ago about growing up in an abusive household, though Joe has since denied being physically violent with his children. He recently told Larry King that he "didn't make no mistakes" as a parent.
And yet he wasn't mentioned in Michael's will. Fancy that.
But while Joe wants to remain on the sidelines for this bout of child rearing, Michael's longtime dermatologist, Arnold Klein, wants to be a key player.
Attorneys for the Beverly Hills doctor are planning to petition the court for influence in the future upbringing of Jackson's children.
"Dr. Klein has been involved with the children in sharing holidays and other special events and wishes to have the ability to continue his involvement as a very close friend of their father and offers his guidance and protection forever," his legal team said in a statement yesterday.
So even if Joe Jackson wanted more say in his grandkids' lives, he'd have to get in line.
________

Katherine's lawyer discussed this on CNN last night. I'm pretty sure that this was something he recommended that Joe do because it might jeopardize Katherine getting the children in light of MJ's allegations of abuse.

As for Klein... no words for that fool. Someone get him a glass of Kool Aid and a mayonnaise sandwich.

Aww Joe. I'm sure he'll be at Encino lots. I don't want the kids to miss him.

I think this is out of line. The hatred media gave the Jackson family no other choice than to release this statement so that the focus on Joe will go away.

Okay.. Joe has said many (too many) frogs... but c'mon.. the media seems to forget that Joe Jackson has been around all of his other grandkids for ages. Stop with the bashing on the Jackson family.

yeah Joe...this is the best gift you could ever of given those children. STAY AWAY!!!

I think this is out of line. The hatred media gave the Jackson family no other choice than to release this statement so that the focus on Joe will go away.

Okay.. Joe has said many (too many) frogs... but c'mon.. the media seems to forget that Joe Jackson has been around all of his other grandkids for ages. Stop with the bashing on the Jackson family.

Thank You. Joe has over 25 grand kids, Im certain has no problems with him. Im sorry why should these 3 be any different. PPL are so stupid. Do you know how stupid that rumor about him turning Mike's 3 kids into the Jackson 3 is? PPL plz. The same Bull ppl tried to do to Mike, tellin him how to run his life, thats whats happening to the Jackson family right now. Do ppl honestly think he would treat these kids like crap. Mike forgave his father a long time ago, Oxford speech anyone, but ppl have selective memory. Yes Joe behaves like a jerk and seems cold, but I dont think this man would harm any of his grand kids. All 25+. of them.

I agree. It is just over the top reporting. McMillian corrected reminded folk on LKL that MJ had long since made peace with his father. Regardless of what folk think of him, MJ moved on.

mmm since my point of view this is good for the children >< I am sorry but I dont like Joe. I remember the words of MJ about the abuse and I'll keep that on mind

Exactly. Joe has over 20 + grandkids and they all love Grandpa Joe and He WILL be around them....not all the time.

Back