Janet Jackson: What's Happening~~~

I'm going to see Janet in Amsterdam tonight.. I'm excited! I'd like to see her release some new music, but I don't think she's been in the studio in recent years. After this the Las Vegas shows.

I went tonight. One of the best experiences in my life! She was absolutely amazing!!
Full disclosure: I've never been into Janet. She's OK but not for me. Until now, discovering her mature voice which I absolutely love. So much so, I seriously considered going to the Glasgow gig, was trying to figure out the logistics, did I really want to do it etc. And then she cancelled it. I initially thought it might be for a funeral or a memorial service for Tito but I've seen several comments online that it most likely was low ticket sales. Whatever, I'm loving all the clips that people have posted from the tour. I love her outfits, her sass, her engagement with her audience.

It will always be Michael for me. Always, always. No-one gets close. But Miss Janet has caught my attention which I'm very happy about!

An old quote from 2023:

"Keough: My first concert was Janet Jackson ...
Claflin: That’s a bit of a step up, isn’t it?
Keough: That’s why I wanted to go second [laughs]! I was maybe 8 or 9, and I don’t remember much, but I remember the sort of largeness of the crowd and watching her and what it felt like to see a performance of that size. She’s amazing."

All of the clips I've seen online from Janet's tour have been posted by fans. I love the fact that the Ziggo Dome is posting stuff from her Amsterdam show. I don't think any of the other venues did that.

"Het is duidelijk dat @JanetJackson haar moves nog niet is verloren. Wat een show zet deze iconische popster neer in de Ziggo Dome"

"It's clear that ... her moves haven't been lost yet. What a show this iconic pop star puts on in the Ziggo Dome."

🩷

@HollandGrandma

"Tonight #JanetJackson closed her European #TogetherAgain Tour in my country in Amsterdam. And i was there, with my son. What an honour to see this woman perform, what a professional, a true Jackson family member, it was all about perfection. But also about friendship, love and morals. For me this is the end of an era, this will probably be the last time i have seen a first generation Jackson perform live."

📸 "taken by my son."

GZkVg3XXgAcbNAb

GZkVg9dXAAEr9dY

Can I just say ….as a heterosexual male , how bloody hot does Janet look here 🔥

I’ve just discovered this video and omg, she’s absolutely beautiful in this video , perhaps the best I’ve seen her (and I’ve always thought she was a beauty)

Loving the fact that it was directed by Herb Ritts

You're reply is the confirmation, that you cannot even have an oppinion about a piece of music on here! Then you get a lame response like: "What do you have against guitars??".
My reply is confirmation that I would like to know why you would say shit like "And that guitar in the beginning, wtf?"?

Back