Jamiroquai- "Talulah"

BONGANI

Proud Member
I really, I really love this song, talk about sheer escapism! Anyone who keeps putting Jay Kay as the only driving force in the group really has to listen to this track. That saxaphone solo is so beaufiul. I've never associated the saxphone with pain, I prefer it it in more sensual songs but it fits well on this track. Plus I really love Jay Kay's vocals (althugh he sounds too similiar to Stevie at times)
I don't own any Jamiroquia albums, I wonder if they have more soulfull ballads like this one? Radio mostly plays their disco stuff, which I'm not toO fond of. What are your thoughts on this track people?

the sax and flute work is beautiful; showing some quiet-storm love there. Talullah and title track Dynamite are my favourites from that album.

as for ballads, i suggest you buy that same album (Dynamite) because it has a handful of slow jams or 'slowed-down dance tracks' if there is such a thing.

outside of that, they have many great ballads, especially in the early days:

Everyday
Half The Man
Falling
Spend A Lifetime
Black Crow
Picture Of My Life
Seven Days in Sunny June

(and talking of Stevie-influence..) World That He Wants

the sax and flute work is beautiful; showing some quiet-storm love there. Talullah and title track Dynamite are my favourites from that album.

as for ballads, i suggest you buy that same album (Dynamite) because it has a handful of slow jams or 'slowed-down dance tracks' if there is such a thing.

outside of that, they have many great ballads, especially in the early days:

Everyday
Half The Man
Falling
Spend A Lifetime
Black Crow
Picture Of My Life
Seven Days in Sunny June

(and talking of Stevie-influence..) World That He Wants

:wild:Ahhh thank you so much my brother, I knew you would know a little something about this..

The last three, are three of my fave Jamiroquai songs.

hey the first three are three of my favs,
f_smiley.gif

i prefer the early Jamiroquai stuff.

oh, my absolute number one ballad is Half The Man, i love Manifest Destiny and

Morning Glory

and just EVERYTHING ELSE from that AMAZING The Return Of The Space Cowboy album. it's more jazzy and instrumental, like the track above. Everyday and Spend A Lifetime are also among my favourites Jamiroquai's songs from that time but they are the only ballads on the album Travelling Without Moving, the rest is rather in lively disco/funk style, usually played on the radio, so i wouldn't recommend that one. I haven’t bothered to listen to anything after Synkronized (so far) but the song Talullah sounds really nice.

Last edited:
oh, my absolute number one ballad is Half The Man, i love Manifest Destiny and

Morning Glory

and just EVERYTHING ELSE from that AMAZING The Return Of The Space Cowboy album. it's more jazzy and instrumental, like the track above. Everyday and Spend A Lifetime are also among my favourites Jamiroquai's songs from that time but they are the only ballads on the album Travelling Without Moving, the rest is rather in lively disco/funk style, usually played on the radio, so i wouldn't recommend that one. I haven’t bothered to listen to anything after Synkronized (so far) but the song Talullah sounds really nice.

I've heard alot about "Return of the space cowboy" it must be a good album indeed. Thank you for the reccomendations. Tell me, what ballads can you recomend from 'Emergency on planet Earth" (their debut)?

i don't have their debut album but there is one sweet smooth track Blow Your Mind which i adore.
live version is even better:

it seems that you'll find more slow-tempo tracks on later albums though.

Back